• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd be getting an expiring contract and sending out a multi-year contract.

Love can help a team for another year or 2. But he's 31 and while his shot should age well, I doubt he'll be worth what he'll be paid at ages 34 and 35.

It's funny, but Kevin Love is good enough that he can only hurt the Cavs. He can't keep them out of the lottery. But he can win them a few more games and cost them ping pong balls.
Not sure I'd say bad contract = expiring contract. Bad contract is someone like Solomon Hill. To a team like the Cavs pretty much all expiring deals are the same.

Unless the youngins figure it out quick Not much Love can do......they don't pass consistently. But agree with your point.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they like Love and want to have him around.....why trade him so soon after extending him?
Never said they have to trade him. Asked why they signed him, and gave a possible answer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq shares hilarious story about Stevie Wonder, appears to doubt if he's really blind

giphy (6).gif

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I was referencing. Why do you have a Google page of the Lakers logo as your AVI?
I am substantially older than you and clearly I need glasses.....picked that one and didn't notice. Until it was mentioned. Hope this one is better.....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a new phone I got in August and is different when selecting avatars apparently.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'd say bad contract = expiring contract. Bad contract is someone like Solomon Hill. To a team like the Cavs pretty much all expiring deals are the same.

Unless the youngins figure it out quick Not much Love can do......they don't pass consistently. But agree with your point.

Didn't say that. I said you're getting an expiring contract and moving a multi-year contract.

Even a bad contract can be considered good if it's expiring.

Love's contract is bad for the Cavs because it ties up cap space that could be used to maybe bring in a better, younger player that they could build around. At 31, by the time the Cavs are likely to be good enough for him to help them, he won't be able to as much.

For a trade partner, it's not a bad contract at all for at least the first 2 years. Especially if it puts a near playoff team into the playoffs or makes a near contender, a legit contender. As I've said previously, I'd bet that if the Lakers had any assets that the Cavs would want, Pelinka would be on the phone with the Cavs as we speak. Same with the Clips.

I don't think he'll be worth what he's going to be making in the last 2 years of his contract. But even then, as long as he can still shoot, it won't be too bad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will patiently wait for you or shaqdaddy to find the poster who said anything about the Lakers schedule being easy in December.

If you guys think playing 14 of 19 against teams under .500 (which the Lakers did in November) is all of sudden not an easy schedule then good for you but the rest of us do think it is easy.

Once again, you can have an easy schedule and still be a good team. You guys are acting like just because a few of us stated facts that the Lakers schedule in November was easy that it means we all of sudden think the Lakers aren't a good team

The only reason I keep bringing it up is because every time Lakers fans get excited about how well they're doing, the main excuse is always "Yeah but they had an easy November". You, among others are desperately looking for a reason to discredit their accomplishments. Even had you say they're 'supposed' to have that record because of the teams they've played.

Cool. And now that they beaten Denver, Utah and Miami on the road in the last 11 days? What's the excuse going to be next?

I even heard 'Every team that has players like AD and Lebron should be the best team in the league'

I don't need fans of other teams to validate their accomplishments. It's great that we're hated again. Just very funny how other people are purposely trying to find excuses now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be an ass = don't you dare come at me with logic

You used a report based on unnamed sources. I asked a fair question why you believe that report. You wont answer.

No more, no less.

No.

You are being a condescending ass.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs would be taking on a bad contract as you said and clearing cap space?

Maybe they extended him because they like him and feel like in a market where they cannot attract FAs he's a guy they'd like to have around?

Care to explain why a Cavs' exec would tell a reporter info that diminishes his own player's value AND makes the player look bad?

Tyler Johnson is expiring.

Expiring deals are not bad contracts.

Nobody said anything about Cavs’ exec leaking info. In fact, I said very clearly it was other teams.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say that. I said you're getting an expiring contract and moving a multi-year contract.

Love's contract is bad for the Cavs because it ties up cap space that could be used to maybe bring in a better, younger player that they could build around. At 31, by the time the Cavs are likely to be good enough for him to help them, he won't be able to as much.

For a trade partner, it's not a bad contract at all for at least the first 2 years. Especially if it puts a near playoff team into the playoffs or makes a near contender, a legit contender. As I've said previously, I'd bet that if the Lakers had any assets that the Cavs would want, Pelinka would be on the phone with the Cavs as we speak. Same with the Clips.

I don't think he'll be worth what he's going to be making in the last 2 years of his contract. But even then, as long as he can still shoot, it won't be too bad.

I don’t think Love is a bad contract, but there won’t be many teams in the market for him willing to give up an actual asset.

There teams most likely to make a decent offer for Love are cap strapped teams built to compete today who either don’t have cap space or can’t expect to recruit a free agent the next 2 summers.

For teams that don’t fit those parameters, they will surely view Love as a bad contract.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just talking this week in this thread about how the Kings were turning it around, and then they lose to the Knicks at home. Someone needs to call in a wellness check on @Bolts
I should be numb to these types of pathetic games/losses by now, but this one was beyond frustrating. Just another day in the life of a Kings fan :sigh:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

You are being a condescending ass.
You used a report based on unnamed sources. I asked a fair question why you believe that report. You wont answer.

No more, no less.

and you STILL wont answer.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I keep bringing it up is because every time Lakers fans get excited about how well they're doing, the main excuse is always "Yeah but they had an easy November". You, among others are desperately looking for a reason to discredit their accomplishments. Even had you say they're 'supposed' to have that record because of the teams they've played.

Cool. And now that they beaten Denver, Utah and Miami on the road in the last 11 days? What's the excuse going to be next?

I even heard 'Every team that has players like AD and Lebron should be the best team in the league'

I don't need fans of other teams to validate their accomplishments. It's great that we're hated again. Just very funny how other people are purposely trying to find excuses now.

Who is discrediting their accomplishments? Did I say the Lakers aren't a good team or something? I stated a fact which is the schedule was easy to open the season Playing 14 of your first 19 games vs teams under .500 isn't exactly a challenging schedule. Where is the lie? You're on here acting like I said Lakers are overrated and only good because of their schedule. I never once discredited anything. At the end of day, good teams are supposed to beat up on bad teams. I even mentioned when it came to my team and the Raptors as well. Let me guess, I hate my Heat as well? Same for Toronto because I said those teams are doing what needed to be done when playing teams with a losing record.

I clearly said the schedule would get tougher in December so I don't know why you keep coming on here looking for someone to make excuses for their wins this month

Whats wrong with anyone saying having players like AD and LBJ on the same should make you the best team Usually when you have 2 top 5ish players on your teams, you're expected to be one of the best teams and a title contender. Like this is seriously what you're mad about? Lakers fans wouldn't have expected to be serious title contenders once acquiring AD if this wasn't true. So let me get this straight. Lakers fans can expect their team to win the title/be legit title contenders after adding another top 5 player to play with Lebron but fans of other teams can't say you should have the best team or be one of the best teams in the league if you have AD and Lebron on the same team? Makes sense

I don't hate the Lakers. I hate stupid fans like you.

Typical clown shit from you.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of easy schedules, if the Heat go 2-1 on this upcoming trip then the schedule is a bit soft til end of month.

Detroit
Cleveland (2X)
New Orleans
Charlotte
Philly
Houston
Warriors
Chicago

Me pointing out an easy part of the Heat schedule earlier this year. I must hate the Heat right???

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All fair points in general terms but since the Cavs are taking the contract only matters what is good or bad for them. For them, pretty much any expiring deal is the same. Not really good nor bad. Bad would be someone who isn't very good AND has more than a year left.

as for Love's contract with the Cavs even with his contract the Cavs are well under the cap next year. at $69 mil including Love that probably leaves them with $40 mil in cap space. Not sure anyone with the talent of Love is coming here in FA so not crazy to want to keep him and see what they can do with the rest of the money. It's not like guys worthy of a max are coming here. Certainly not 2.

we both agree he can definitely help a contender who could use a shooter/rebounder.