• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Johnson is expiring.

Expiring deals are not bad contracts.

Nobody said anything about Cavs’ exec leaking info. In fact, I said very clearly it was other teams.
This is what you said - "Hell, I even read teams are asking the Cavs to attach a pick to Love to move him."

How would anyone have this info if not told by someone in the Cavs' FO? In fact, I read the same info as you and the source was an unnamed FO exec.

I dismissed it as I realize like you should have there would be no reason for a FO exec to share that kind of info. It brigns down his own player's value AND disparages the player.

That would be why I asked you why this type of info would be leaked. You wont answer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Love is a bad contract, but there won’t be many teams in the market for him willing to give up an actual asset.

There teams most likely to make a decent offer for Love are cap strapped teams built to compete today who either don’t have cap space or can’t expect to recruit a free agent the next 2 summers.

For teams that don’t fit those parameters, they will surely view Love as a bad contract.
Isn't meant to be condescending....could you please rewrite that. I think there might be a misspelled word (did you mean "their"?) and maybe some missing commas.

And, no, I'm not the grammar police. Just want to make sure I understand what you are saying.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is discrediting their accomplishments?

In a way, you did:

Lmao a weak schedule is a part of the reason they went 16-2 or whatever it was...

Sure, you admitted they're a good team. But the quote above also says a reason they have a good record is because of the "weak schedule".

So what's the excuse now then? Or are you going to keep facepalming my posts every time I post their record?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You used a report based on unnamed sources. I asked a fair question why you believe that report. You wont answer.

No more, no less.

and you STILL wont answer.

Your question may have been fair.

The way you asked it was extremely dickish.

And I did answer it.

Why do you assume another team wouldn’t leak their idea of a Love offer?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you said - "Hell, I even read teams are asking the Cavs to attach a pick to Love to move him."

How would anyone have this info if not told by someone in the Cavs' FO? In fact, I read the same info as you and the source was an unnamed FO exec.

I dismissed it as I realize like you should have there would be no reason for a FO exec to share that kind of info. It brigns down his own player's value AND disparages the player.

That would be why I asked you why this type of info would be leaked. You wont answer.

Seriously?

How many times do I have to answer this question?

The exec from the team requesting Love + a pick would absolutely have no problem leaking this.

Not sure why you assume it could only be the Cavs. That is a terrible assumption that makes no sense at all.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?

How many times do I have to answer this question?

The exec from the team requesting Love + a pick would absolutely have no problem leaking this.

Not sure why you assume it could only be the Cavs. That is a terrible assumption that makes no sense at all.
Because by every report on this it came from a guy who said it was from the Cavs. Never mind teams rarely talk about their trade offers/demands.

You do notice most trades that get done are the ones we don't hear about, right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because by every report on this it came from a guy who said it was from the Cavs. Never mind teams rarely talk about their trade offers/demands.

You do notice most trades that get done are the ones we don't hear about, right?

That trade isn’t getting done. The Cabs wouldn’t do that.

Not the point though.

The point was to assess Love’s trade value.

Are you implying the writer just made this story up out of thin air?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, Basketball GODS....

Not Luka.

Hope it's just a sprain.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka done for the night.

Mavs may be in trouble if he miss a few games.

Tonight vs Miami is the start of a stretch where they play 5 straight games vs the top 5 teams in the East

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fair points in general terms but since the Cavs are taking the contract only matters what is good or bad for them. For them, pretty much any expiring deal is the same. Not really good nor bad. Bad would be someone who isn't very good AND has more than a year left.

as for Love's contract with the Cavs even with his contract the Cavs are well under the cap next year. at $69 mil including Love that probably leaves them with $40 mil in cap space. Not sure anyone with the talent of Love is coming here in FA so not crazy to want to keep him and see what they can do with the rest of the money. It's not like guys worthy of a max are coming here. Certainly not 2.

we both agree he can definitely help a contender who could use a shooter/rebounder.

Didn't know they had that much cap space coming up. That might make it worth keeping him.

They may not be able to entice a top level player to join them, but that cap space would allow them to possibly trade for someone and see what they can do pairing him with Love and maybe get some solid bench help too.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For them, pretty much any expiring deal is the same. Not really good nor bad. Bad would be someone who isn't very good AND has more than a year left.

Not really sure what the point is on this comment. I didn't say anything about a contract being good or bad. I said it would be taking in an expiring contract and moving a multi-year contract.

I'm aware that a bad contract would be someone who isn't very good and has more than a year left. Which is why I didn't suggest that the Cavs would do that.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You used a report based on unnamed sources. I asked a fair question why you believe that report. You wont answer.

No more, no less.

and you STILL wont answer.
Woj is considered the best in the business and he doesn't name his sources....it's comnon practice. But, if Woj says something.....8 or 9 times out of 10.....it's credible.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick of all these OT games Miami now playing.

4th OT game in less than 2 weeks

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nunn is killing me.

His shot selection is so horribe