• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the third time this season, the Miami Heat have suspended Waiters, the team announced. This time it is for “failure to adhere to team policies, violation of team rules and continued insubordination.” He can return to the team after the game against Utah on Dec. 23 (six games).

All these suspensions are hitting Waiter hard in the pocketbook.

Miami Heat suspend Dion Waiters. Again. - ProBasketballTalk
Waiters is a hard-headed cuss.

Some people are like that... penalize them harder, and that just makes their "F you" attitude go up another notch.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a talk show that I listen to, they were talking about whether or not the Lakers should try to take down the Warriors 73 win record.

One guy, who says that barring injury or a significant move by the Lakers, the Clips will win the title, was saying they should.

He said that if Lebron leaves/retires without a title with the Lakers, they'd at least be able to point to that for Lebron having been there.

The other guy was saying that, if it happens organically, fine. But they need to try to be in the best position possible to compete with the Clips in the playoffs, so they shouldn't risk injury/fatigue by going after it.

I tend to agree with the 2nd guy.
It's weird.

I'm able to compartmentalize my Lakers hate when it comes to certain players.

The Logo, KAJ, Magic, Shaq, Eddie Jones, Lonzo, LeBron.....

So, as much as I want to win a chip, I won't take pleasure doing it at Lebron's expense.

His NBA legacy is cemented.

But, his Lakers legacy would take a huge hit if the Clippers win on his watch and the Lakers don't.

His best chance to pass Jordan is to win a chip with 3 different teams.

If Kawhi does it first?

The Kobe stans will come for him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like they are going to get a shit ton for Love. I want a nice 1st rounder or a young prospect that has potential. Haven't watched Bridges play a lot but he could be nice. The longer the Cavs keep Love, the more his value decreases.

You think the offseason would have been a better time to trade him but at this point it really doesn't matter...they aren't going to get a shit ton for him. Like I said I would be happy with taking back a big contract that will be a FA this summer and a young prospect or good pick
I don't expect a ton, but comment to which I replied said bad contract, late 1st and filler. Might as well just keep him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiters is a hard-headed cuss.

Some people are like that... penalize them harder, and that just makes their "F you" attitude go up another notch.
Where are you from?

I haven't heard anyone use the word Cuss since my Grandma, who is from Shreveport, LA....lol

But, agree.

Divorce is imminent.

The Heat are balling.

They don't need him.

But, he could help if his head is on straight.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you from?

I haven't heard anyone use the word Cuss since my Grandma, who is from Shreveport, LA....lol
Born in New Jersey... but I picked that up somewhere along the way... high school kids think it's hilarious, that's mostly why I keep in it my repertoire. ;)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect a ton, but comment to which I replied said bad contract, late 1st and filler. Might as well just keep him.
If you eat a bad deal, better be a good prospect or pick.

*See Baron Davis trade and pick that netted Kyrie Irving.

People keep saying Collins in Portland is out of the question.

I disagree.

One, he's hurt.

Plus, Love would be his replacement.

They are in free fall.

So, I could see them being desperate.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a talk show that I listen to, they were talking about whether or not the Lakers should try to take down the Warriors 73 win record.

One guy, who says that barring injury or a significant move by the Lakers, the Clips will win the title, was saying they should.

He said that if Lebron leaves/retires without a title with the Lakers, they'd at least be able to point to that for Lebron having been there.

The other guy was saying that, if it happens organically, fine. But they need to try to be in the best position possible to compete with the Clips in the playoffs, so they shouldn't risk injury/fatigue by going after it.

Regular season win totals don't matter, Lebron would probably say that himself BUT I agree with the 2nd guy they need to be in the best position. So while regular season records don't matter, the goal is to get the #1 seed and have homecourt (even if the Clippers play in the same arena lol). Titles only matter for both those teams but seeding in a tough west is still important, records don't matter.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always enjoyable seeing the Leprechauns lose!
What is your take on Simmons?

Has he improved at all?

They are winning and Embiid gets the lion's share of the attention, good or bad.

I was so high on he and Jokic coming into the Season.

But, outside of maybe Conley, those 2 guys have been a major disappointment, for me, so far.

14, 8 and 7 are decent numbers.

But, not by a max player on a team with championship aspirations.

He could be great.

But, he has to get better offensively.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has he improved at all?

They are winning and Embiid gets the lion's share of the attention, good or bad.

I was so high on he and Jokic coming into the Season.

Outside of maybe Conley, those 2 guys have been a major disappointment, for me, so far.

I don't see where Simmons is any different than his "rookie" year. If anything, his upside seems more and more unattainable, so he's lost some luster since.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you eat a bad deal, better be a good prospect or pick.

*See Baron Davis trade and pick that netted Kyrie Irving.

People keep saying Collins in Portland is out of the question.

I disagree.

One, he's hurt.

Plus, Love would be his replacement.

They are in free fall.

So, I could see them being desperate.
Cannot say I watch much of them but he strikes me as a JAG (Collins).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also agree with second guy. Pretty sure Lebron is confident while he'd prefer home court he wont need it to win. And if they play the Clips at all does it even matter who has home court?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has he improved at all?

Simmons' defense has really elevated this year. He's playing at an All-Defense 1st team level player.

Offensively he's still inconsistent. Generally speaking, there aren't a lot of games where Simmons and Embiid are both dominant. I don't necessarily think it is a bad for the team but it does keep the controversy going about both of them.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot say I watch much of them but he strikes me as a JAG (Collins).
Out of College, his NBA comparison was Brad Daugherty.

I say he's a poor man's Bill Laimbeer, at best, or rich man's Frank Kaminsky, at worst.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons' defense has really elevated this year. He's playing at an All-Defense 1st team level player.

Offensively he's still inconsistent. Generally speaking, there aren't a lot of games where Simmons and Embiid are both dominant. I don't necessarily think it is a bad for the team but it does keep the controversy going about both of them.
Yeah, I probably have unrealistic expectations for the kid.

I expected him to be Lebron-lite.

He's probably closer to a oversized Jason Kidd.

Kidd was a max player, NBA Champ and shoe in for the HOF.

Haven't heard anyone complain that Kidd didn't live up to the hype.