• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the overall package.

Tyler Johnson is an expiring contract. Mikal Bridges is a nice prospect.

The Cavs would be gaining a prospect without taking back a bad multi-year contract. I would be absolutely shocked if Cleveland gets a deal better than this without taking back a bad contract.

I completely disagree about the extension value. It isn’t a bad deal considering he signed for well less than max. Teams will want to deal for Love. But they aren’t going to want to give multiple assets in exchange for an injury prone 31 year with 4 years left on his contract.

In 2019, NBA teams value cap flexibility too much to do that.

I bet the The deal is going to end up being something like this:

Bad contract + late 1st + salary filler.

All these proposed packages don't seem realistic so I agree, they should gain around one asset (either young player or pretty decent pick)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Griffin 4/25 his last two games. Just doing everything you can ask out of a guy

Call me crazy but I think it will be much more difficult to get his contract off the books than Love. TBH I was kinda surprised Detroit signed him to a long-term contract, the big money I obviously get but why so many years.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but I think it will be much more difficult to get his contract off the books than Love. TBH I was kinda surprised Detroit signed him to a long-term contract, the big money I obviously get but why so many years.

The clippers signed him to that deal

Detroit traded for him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clippers signed him to that deal

Detroit traded for him

That's right, I was thinking they extended him after they traded for him. Damn, that might be worse knowing he had that left on his contract.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He barely plays. Dude is simply soft. Waste of money if you can't play when you're a little banged up. Im almost certain he played 10 games or fewer and none of his "injuries" been close to serious.

As for JJ, Spo hates him and Waiters so refusing to give them a chance to play but unlike Waiters, his attitude is better so Miami don't use the BS excuse of illness to keep him away from the team.

Something should really be done about this. Sick of seeing teams waste 1 year of a guy career and possibly ending it. Cavs did the same garbage with Jr last year and now he's out of the league
Garbage to play young guys who have a future with a team over a guy who does not.....and still paying him millions?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

It is a fair offer. Maybe add a 2nd, but really don’t the scabs are getting more than that.

Hell, I even read teams are asking the Cavs to attach a pick to Love to move him. I don’t think his contract is that bad, but it certainly isn’t good.

Like I said last summer, the extension hurt Love’s trade value. That will be proven factual here soon.

Love would have garnered multiple firsts as an expiring 2 last year.
It's great to know NBA teams still share their intel with you.....why do you keep holding back?

when will fans learn. NBA players do not share their intel. could it be true teams are asking for a first WITH Love? sure, but in what world would there be any reason for the Cavs to share that info with a reporter and make Love look bad and diminish his value (if it was true)?

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat just making shit up on Waiters at this point
This stuff is irritating in all sports (at least NBA and NFL). Really think they go too far trying to make us think they are equal to the FBI in what info they could let out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always first rounders involved in these types of situations. That's just how the NBA works. Whether its one or some kind pick swap, players of Love's caliber aren't getting moved for a grab bag of crap and a lotto ticket. And like I said over the Summer, Love's extension is a positive. It solidifies his future, setting his value. There's no risk he's gonna walk soon so team's are more willing to talk. And with cap room scarce and a limited free agency class, trading for Love is one of a very few ways to improve your team. Having that certainty around Love's contract brings more teams to the table. Like Miami could theoretically make the Finals this year and solidify themselves as contenders for the next couple of years by getting Love. If he were on a contract where he could bounce, they might be a lot less willing to fork over assets knowing he could walk.
I could see thinking another 2-3 years after this one might hurt with some teams acquiring him. But not a team like the Suns who has trouble attracting FAs of his caliber.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the overall package.

Tyler Johnson is an expiring contract. Mikal Bridges is a nice prospect.

The Cavs would be gaining a prospect without taking back a bad multi-year contract. I would be absolutely shocked if Cleveland gets a deal better than this without taking back a bad contract.

I completely disagree about the extension value. It isn’t a bad deal considering he signed for well less than max. Teams will want to deal for Love. But they aren’t going to want to give multiple assets in exchange for an injury prone 31 year with 4 years left on his contract.

In 2019, NBA teams value cap flexibility too much to do that.

I bet the The deal is going to end up being something like this:

Bad contract + late 1st + salary filler.
why would the Cavs do that? Might as well just keep Love if that was their best offer.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Pat Riley has lost his fastball."

Because.....time always vindicates.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Riley has lost his heater.....he's developed one hell of a changeup.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would the Cavs do that? Might as well just keep Love if that was their best offer.

It's not like they are going to get a shit ton for Love. I want a nice 1st rounder or a young prospect that has potential. Haven't watched Bridges play a lot but he could be nice. The longer the Cavs keep Love, the more his value decreases.

You think the offseason would have been a better time to trade him but at this point it really doesn't matter...they aren't going to get a shit ton for him. Like I said I would be happy with taking back a big contract that will be a FA this summer and a young prospect or good pick

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Bucks and Lakers are 22-3.

In 15-16 the Warriors started out 24-0 and they had 3 losses at the 36-3 and then 4 losses at the 38-4 mark.

Anyone think one of these teams can make it to 36-3 or 38-4? I highly doubt it but I think the Bucks could.

Next 15 games for Bucks:

Memphis, Cleveland, Knicks, Pacers, Hawks, Magic, Bulls, TWolves, Spurs 2x, Warriors, Kings

Mavs, Lakers, 76ers - games they could definitely lose

They could definitely go 14-1 on that stretch.

The Lakers have a tougher schedule:

Hawks, Pacers, Blazers, Suns, Pelicans, Pistons, Knicks, Thunder, Cavs

Heat, Bucks, Clippers, Nuggets, Mavs 2x - games they could definitely lose

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 15-16 the Warriors started out 24-0 and they had 3 losses at the 36-3 and then 4 losses at the 38-4 mark.

Anyone think one of these teams can make it to 36-3 or 38-4? I highly doubt it but I think the Bucks could.

Next 15 games for Bucks:

Memphis, Cleveland, Knicks, Pacers, Hawks, Magic, Bulls, TWolves, Spurs 2x, Warriors, Kings

Dunno.

But, I think both can win 60.

I hate the Lakers.

But, I said they'd hit 60 before the Season started.

So, this isn't a reactionary take based on hindsight.

My Cavs prediction is looking a lil rough....lol

I see the Lakers around the 60 mark , if healthy.

So, 57 is a solid guess. I say push....

Celtics will win 50, over.

Cavs.....

Without hedging on health, trading Love, Clarkson, Thompson etc....

I will say.....over.

Low 30's.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the third time this season, the Miami Heat have suspended Waiters, the team announced. This time it is for “failure to adhere to team policies, violation of team rules and continued insubordination.” He can return to the team after the game against Utah on Dec. 23 (six games).

All these suspensions are hitting Waiter hard in the pocketbook.

Miami Heat suspend Dion Waiters. Again. - ProBasketballTalk

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

were talking about whether or
Next 15 games for Bucks:

On a talk show that I listen to, they were talking about whether or not the Lakers should try to take down the Warriors 73 win record.

One guy, who says that barring injury or a significant move by the Lakers, the Clips will win the title, was saying they should.

He said that if Lebron leaves/retires without a title with the Lakers, they'd at least be able to point to that for Lebron having been there.

The other guy was saying that, if it happens organically, fine. But they need to try to be in the best position possible to compete with the Clips in the playoffs, so they shouldn't risk injury/fatigue by going after it.

I tend to agree with the 2nd guy.