• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is definitely adding to his GOAT case. Because while Jordan was obviously the best ever at his sklllsets, LeBron can just do MORE than Jordan ever could

Right now, the GOAT convo is basically MJ with folks also making cases for Magic and/or Kareem and Lebron.

Imo, if he pulls off winning MVP at age 35 AND leads the Lakers to a title. You can forget Magic and Kareem...it would be between MJ and Lebron.

Not just because it's the Lakers either (although it doesn't hurt lol). I'd have that opinion no matter who he played for.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And LeBron wasn't the reason he lost any of the finals. He should have been Finals MVP in a losing year in 2015 for example

Look I'm not for sure saying LeBron is better than MJ. But this year he is showing that he can play better than Jordan for sure in his later years, and he can do things Jordan couldn't ever do.

I think they are pretty much equal

Could be "co-GOATs. They were completely different players. MJ was arguably the most relentless player in NBA history and Lebron is arguably the best "swiss army knife" in NBA history.

I have little doubt that if he wanted/needed to, MJ could have done what Lebron does and Lebron could have scored like MJ. But the roles they played on their teams are what those teams needed from them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean look at this road trip for LA coming up

@OKC 5-9
@Memphis 5-9
@SA 5-10
@New Orleans 6-9

then back at home for Washington 4-8

That's 5 wins right there you would think. Then you are at 17-2 which is crazy.

I see them losing at least 1, maybe 2.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, the GOAT convo is basically MJ with folks also making cases for Magic and/or Kareem and Lebron.

Imo, if he pulls off winning MVP at age 35 AND leads the Lakers to a title. You can forget Magic and Kareem...it would be between MJ and Lebron.

Not just because it's the Lakers either (although it doesn't hurt lol). I'd have that opinion no matter who he played for.

In my opinion, if Lebron were to win the MVP, Finals MVP and the title with the Lakers, he probably surpasses MJ for GOAT.

He would have won a MVP, Finals MVP and championship playing for three different teams, with three different coaches under three different systems with completely different team mates in three different parts of the country.

That is just greatness personified. Something no player has ever done and probably no player will do again in a very very long time, if EVER.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, if Lebron were to win the MVP, Finals MVP and the title with the Lakers, he probably surpasses MJ for GOAT.

He would have won a MVP, Finals MVP and championship playing for three different teams, with three different coaches under three different systems with completely different team mates in three different parts of the country.

That is just greatness personified. Something no player has ever done and probably no player will do again in a very very long time, if EVER.

That would be really cool for him to accomplish. But then you would be counting staying with one team against Magic and playing for only 2 against Kareem and MJ.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why i lmao when people acted like Russ and Harden would be blow up in terms of them not getting along with each other.

Add PG to the long list of former Russ teammates who had amazing things to say about the teammate Russ is.

Houston may not win a title but Harden and Russ relationship will be perfectly fine. Won't be any off court drama with these 2

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why i lmao when people acted like Russ and Harden would be blow up in terms of them not getting along with each other.

Add PG to the long list of former Russ teammates who had amazing things to say about the teammate Russ is.

Houston may not win a title but Harden and Russ relationship will be perfectly fine. Won't be any off court drama with these 2

Lol.

This proves what exactly? Guys can get along off the court and not necessarily be a good fit together on it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.

This proves what exactly? Guys can get along off the court and not necessarily be a good fit together on it.

My post said nothing about fit. You do realize that right? There were some on here who suggested there would be a blow up between Russ and Harden which i still find hilarious because Russ never been a bad teammate. Players leave and talk highly about him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be really cool for him to accomplish. But then you would be counting staying with one team against Magic and playing for only 2 against Kareem and MJ.

What i'm trying to say is,

What if Phil Jackson left the Bulls after the 1993 season and never came back. Would MJ still have 6 titles?
What if Pat Riley left after the 1985 or 86 season? Would Magic still have 5?

These are variables that wouldn't really count against Lebron. He would have won titles with 3 head coaches.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post said nothing about fit. You do realize that right? There were some on here who suggested there would be a blow up between Russ and Harden which i still find hilarious because Russ never been a bad teammate. Players leave and talk highly about him.

Who said Russ was a bad teammate?

I think most here never claimed they wouldn't get along. Just that they're not a good fit. Heck, PG and Russ should be a better fitcon the court, but it didn't work.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said Russ was a bad teammate?

I think most here never claimed they wouldn't get along. Just that they're not a good fit. Heck, PG and Russ should be a better fitcon the court, but it didn't work.

Use the search box.....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i'm trying to say is,

What if Phil Jackson left the Bulls after the 1993 season and never came back. Would MJ still have 6 titles?
What if Pat Riley left after the 1985 or 86 season? Would Magic still have 5?

These are variables that wouldn't really count against Lebron. He would have won titles with 3 head coaches.

Which is cool. My bet would be that it wouldn't have changed though because of thise players desire to win above all else.

Magic actually won titles with 2 different head coaches and made it to the finals with a 3rd.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean look at this road trip for LA coming up

@OKC 5-9
@Memphis 5-9
@SA 5-10
@New Orleans 6-9

then back at home for Washington 4-8

That's 5 wins right there you would think. Then you are at 17-2 which is crazy.

I don't really expect the Lakers to win all 5 of those. In fact, if i'm being completely honest it wouldn't surprise me if they lost to OKC tonight.

5-0 in that stretch and i'm ecstatic, 4-1 i'm very happy with. Heck i'll almost be ok with 3-2

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is cool. My bet would be that it wouldn't have changed though because of thise players desire to win above all else.

Magic actually won titles with 2 different head coaches and made it to the finals with a 3rd.

I completely forgot about the Westhead years. I didn't become a Lakers fan till 82 :D

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Until Kawhi does it next year