• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that you claimed there was justification.

As I said, not one of those things matters. It's just an attempt to minimize and excuse what is inexcusable.
it is absolutely an attempt to minimize

a valid attempt

shit- a woman can slit her husbands throat and if the knife is close enough and she does it soon enough after finding him fucking someone else its a mitigating circumstances based on adequate provocation and heat of passion.

absolutely nothing different here. Garrett acted in the heat of passion, he was adequately provoked, and the damages were minimal, if non-existent. Those are all factors anyone with a shred of common sense would consider when assessing the level of culpability.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a valid attempt

shit- a woman can slit her husbands throat and if the knife is close enough and she does it soon enough after finding him fucking someone else its a mitigating circumstances based on adequate provocation and heat of passion.

absolutely nothing different here. Garrett acted in the heat of passion, he was adequately provoked, and the damages were minimal, if non-existent. Those are all factors anyone with a shred of common sense would consider when assessing the level of culpability.

Welcome to Wiggyland, where arguing semantics is king...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder with their best win of the season. Turning into an enjoyable team to watch most nights.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a valid attempt

It's not even close to valid.

It's a football field and none of your "examples" matter in the least as none of them take place on a football field.

As I said, heat of passion doesn't matter, provocation doesn't matter, there are no "mitigating circumstances".

Everyone who has ever played, knows that. A guy like Garrett, who has played long enough and well enough to get to the NFL, really knows it.

You can try to turn a football field into a courtroom all you want.

However, 95% of what happens during every play in a football game would be a criminal act of some sort if it happened off the field.

The reason none of your examples matter is because a football player is trained to deal with the things that happen on a football field.

A woman is not trained on how to react when she finds her husband fucking someone else.

As I said, the things that happened prior to Garrett swinging his helmet happen all the time. So Garrett has had all of those things (and worse) happen thousands of times since he first set foot on a football field.

He knew what the correct response was and didn't choose it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guessing Simmons is still struggling with his shot...?

I wouldn't call it struggling. He is just a coward.

What was the point of working on your jump shot all summer with no plans to attempt jump shots when the season started?

Said it weeks ago, Philly will never win a finals until this guy get serious about his jump shots. He doesn't need to be James Harden. Just attempt/hit enough to keep the defense honest.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call it struggling. He is just a coward.

What was the point of working on your jump shot all summer with no plans to attempt jump shots when the season started?

Said it weeks ago, Philly will never win a finals until this guy get serious about his jump shots. He doesn't need to be James Harden. Just attempt/hit enough to keep the defense honest.

Have to agree.

You don't get better at something by not doing it.

Lonzo's 3 sucked out loud with the Lakers (haven't looked at how he's doing now), but shit...at least he would shoot it.

And every once in a while...one would actually go in. lol

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guessing Simmons is still struggling with his shot...?

Dribble up the court, pass and get outta the way. That's his game. He won't shoot, won't post up, he's not doing anything other than a dunk, layup or tip in.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree.

You don't get better at something by not doing it.

Lonzo's 3 sucked out loud with the Lakers (haven't looked at how he's doing now), but shit...at least he would shoot it.

And every once in a while...one would actually go in. lol

Simmons has yet to attempt a 3 this season lol. Curious to know how many shots he attempted past the free throw line

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers have a lot of glaring issues, but Simmons to me is the main one. You cannot continue to play 4 on 5 offensively.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said there was a "justification"---- there is nothing that ABSOLVES Garrett

however- there are factors that MITIGATE his actions

those factors

-heat of passion

-adequate provocation

-minimal - if non-existence damages

Heat of passion? What the fuck did you think you were watching? Anyone that doesn’t think Garrett could have been arrested after the game isn’t very smart.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the Thunder Sixers? Knowing they aren’t done blowing up the team makes it difficult at times but Paul and Galinari are really playing pretty well with the rest of what’s left.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Lakers/Kings game got a little too close for comfort. Big stuff by Davis there to seal it. Sucks that Bradley is out for a couple of weeks though.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Lakers/Kings game got a little too close for comfort. Big stuff by Davis there to seal it. Sucks that Bradley is out for a couple of weeks though.

nice block he was a little helped out that barnes tripped over his own feet on way to rim. but i’ll take any wins considering the last several seasons