• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you mean by Buss influence.

Short Buss is gone, so he's not making personnel decisions. Jeanie, like her Dad, is smart enough to leave that to the people she hired.

Now, did she hire the right people? That remains to be seen. Things have gotten better (or at least quieter) since Magic stepped away and Pelinka made a nice recovery from missing on Kawhi.

But the jury is still out.
you think Pelinka "made a nice recovery" from missing Kawhi?

I sure as hell dont.

He paid Danny Green the absolute top of his value and brought in a bunch of scrubs.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sure as hell dont.

He paid Danny Green the absolute top of his value and brought in a bunch of scrubs.

Yeah, I'm with you in that the "recovery" wasn't great, but to be fair at the point with which Kawhi made his decision there wasn't really a pivot point. They went all-in on him and had to settle for C, D and E options at that point. Danny Green was probably the best guy on the market they could have gotten and they got him. So all-in all, it wasn't terrible.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm with you in that the "recovery" wasn't great, but to be fair at the point with which Kawhi made his decision there wasn't really a pivot point. They went all-in on him and had to settle for C, D and E options at that point. Danny Green was probably the best guy on the market they could have gotten and they got him. So all-in all, it wasn't terrible.
yaaaaah....Green is a solid get but hes old and fairly expensive for what he is.

Dudley, Rondo, Bradley, Cousins, Howard, KCP, McGee, etc....I mean....when you talk about a "replacement level player"- are any of those guys that you would feel good about being in your playoff rotation at this point in their careers? I mean, maybe - maybe not. I'd prob. lean towards "not".

If he could have just acquired 1 point guard who could make a play and take pressure of LeBron (in a league where there are tons and tons of point guards/playmakers) I would have felt a lot better about it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sure as hell dont.

You don't???!!???? Shocking news!!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yaaaaah....Green is a solid get but hes old and fairly expensive for what he is.

Dudley, Rondo, Bradley, Cousins, Howard, KCP, McGee, etc....I mean....when you talk about a "replacement level player"- are any of those guys that you would feel good about being in your playoff rotation at this point in their careers? I mean, maybe - maybe not. I'd prob. lean towards "not".

If he could have just acquired 1 point guard who could make a play and take pressure of LeBron (in a league where there are tons and tons of point guards/playmakers) I would have felt a lot better about it.

Absolutely, but every team in the league has their holes. It's just about trying to cover them up as well as you can. Boogie was their ace in the hole, but that got washed away by his injury. McGee is honestly a solid replacement level center imo. Howard is going to be fine for them too. Not a fan of KCP, Dudley and Rondo at this point, but what are you gonna do? There just weren't any play making PG's left at that point on the market.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game last night with Lakers and Clips. The Lakers bench needs to play better. They don't have to win the "bench battle", but they can't get outscored 60-19.

Clips play some ridiculous defense too.

Yeah,

I just don’t think the Lakers match up that well with the Clippers.

In 2019 with current rules, it is a lot easier for smalls to guard bigs than for bigs to guard smalls. LAL has the firepower to beat them, but they will need to play very well (and maybe hope for an appearance from Playoff P).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends....

Are we using your definition of rotation player?

Or the real one?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, but every team in the league has their holes. It's just about trying to cover them up as well as you can. Boogie was their ace in the hole, but that got washed away by his injury. McGee is honestly a solid replacement level center imo. Howard is going to be fine for them too. Not a fan of KCP, Dudley and Rondo at this point, but what are you gonna do? There just weren't any play making PG's left at that point on the market.
how many guys on the Lakers do you trust in a playoff series at this point in their careers?

Obviously LeBron and Davis.

Kuzma and Green- (though Kuzma has never played in a playoff series and is a big man with foot issues so its hardly like he is a 100% slam dunk at this point).

Anyone else? You trust Rondo to give you good minnutes in a playoff series? Maybe?

In the playoffs you usually have a core rotation that is 8 deep--- and then maybe the 9th and 10th (and maybe even 11th) guys get some rando minutes depending on foul issues/matchups/garbage time etc.

Who are your 8 guys on the Lakers?

On the Clips?

1. Leonard
2. George
3. Beverly
4. Lou
5. Harrell
6. Shamet
7. Harkless
8. Patterson or Zubac?

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at some of these playoff rosters- its why I def. hold out hope that the Cavs can add another couple first rounders (even if they are semi-late first rounders).

Guys like Clarkson, Thompson, Knight, Henson, Delly- can all be rotation guys for teams like the Rockets, Lakers, Warriors, Sixers (plus more) who get a little dirty rounding out the back of that top 8.

if you put Clarkson and Thompson on the Rockets or Lakers I would feel a ton better about the back of their playoff rotations.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at some of these playoff rosters- its why I def. hold out hope that the Cavs can add another couple first rounders (even if they are semi-late first rounders).

Guys like Clarkson, Thompson, Knight, Henson, Delly- can all be rotation guys for teams like the Rockets, Lakers, Warriors, Sixers (plus more) who get a little dirty rounding out the back of that top 8.

if you put Clarkson and Thompson on the Rockets or Lakers I would feel a ton better about the back of their playoff rotations.

TT would be a gift sent from heaven for the Lakers lol. He would be perfect fit alongside AD too

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how concerned WiggityWack is with the Lakers...

You'd think that he doesn't have a team of his own to follow...