• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, what happened 5 years ago might not matter. Especially in lakers case. Few if any players/coaches left over and less Buss influence if I'm not mistaken.

It's always a case by case basis, but it's safe to say that 50 years ago isn't too important. No team has that kind of continuity.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, what happened 5 years ago might not matter. Especially in lakers case. Few if any players/coaches left over and less Buss influence if I'm not mistaken.

Depends on what you mean by Buss influence.

Short Buss is gone, so he's not making personnel decisions. Jeanie, like her Dad, is smart enough to leave that to the people she hired.

Now, did she hire the right people? That remains to be seen. Things have gotten better (or at least quieter) since Magic stepped away and Pelinka made a nice recovery from missing on Kawhi.

But the jury is still out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally, they have a complete tankjob due to injuries (but the young guys look good) and get a top 1-3 pick. For me, realistically, I want them to either keep their pick and be top 10 lottery or make the playoffs and look like they are a piece away from a significant jump. Fringe playoff doesn't excite me. Guessing former more likely.

Fringe playoff team means have a shot at making the playoffs...but realistically I don't see really any scenarios they can make the playoffs unless the 8th spot is just that bad

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you mean by Buss influence.

Short Buss is gone, so he's not making personnel decisions. Jeanie, like her Dad, is smart enough to leave that to the people she hired.

Now, did she hire the right people? That remains to be seen. Things have gotten better (or at least quieter) since Magic stepped away and Pelinka made a nice recovery from missing on Kawhi.

But the jury is still out.

Speaking of Pelinka this is my favorite story about him.

Rob Pelinka once told fake story about Kobe Bryant dining with Heath Ledger

Why in the hell would he make something up like that? :pound:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's an agent.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well known story, as I'm sure you are aware. Have to think he's been asked. Any Laker fans know the answer (as to why he made this up)? Not like he could deny it, right? If not mistaken, ridiculousness was the guy was dead at the time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize that agent is another name for bullshit artist. I think it's hilarious he went to meeeechegan.

Well, agents are usually lawyers and/or salesmen.

Soooo...lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha...all seriousness, did he ever try to offer an explanation?

Not that I heard. I don't think Kobe ever commented on it either.

The only possible explanation I can think of that would be remotely believable would be that he got his dates mixed up.

Seems like he just decided to keep his mouth shut and let it go away. Probably the smart move.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I heard. I don't think Kobe ever commented on it either.

The only possible explanation I can think of that would be remotely believable would be that he got his dates mixed up.

Seems like he just decided to keep his mouth shut and let it go away. Probably the smart move.
He did recently.

Like, there's embellishment and then there's this.....

Wtf...lol

Bryant said in a new interview with the podcast Knuckleheads that, prior to the game, he fell down a wormhole researching the way that Ledger committed himself to the role of the Joker. He was inspired by the level of commitment and took it with him into the game.

"I had to find that space. I didn't go out to dinner in New York. I stayed in my room. This is actually the story Rob told, that he got confused about, the Heath Ledger stuff. Because I stayed up watching Batman, and watching Heath Ledger. And then I went and started researching about Heath Ledger, and how he got into character and how he just became all-consuming," he said.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was a fun game.

congratulations @Mecca

Cant wait for the Christmas game where, hopefully, PG13 and Kuzbass will be back