• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man, how often do you get to give the GOAT QB goat hair cleats? lol
I was talking about their shoes yesterday they were ordered to change at halftime.

And I don't want to pin too much on OBJ as he has actually spoken well in interviews. Seems like he had some words Baker should listen to.....but he wont.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay enough focusing on the negatives from yesterday. I found the one bright spot from the loss. Mayfield didn't throw an int!

:yes:

#clutchness
So we've got that going for us? Penalties down too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk some football. Let's go Buckeyes!!!

All seriousness, I hate this team (Browns). Gutless team that is cocky for no reason. At least they cut Whitehead, I guess. Had to.

Whitehead sucked anyway, he was awful at tackling

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Still think the Bills end up with 10/11 wins, same for Ravens & Colts/Texans
running the table means beating Buffalo and Bmore so I think they'd get in over 1 or both.

wish it mattered.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitehead sucked anyway, he was awful at tackling
sorry to say, but if I could have Ogbah, Peppers, DK Metcalf (with pick we gave up) and Zeitler instead of Murray, Vernon and OBJ I'd jump at that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any blame to the guy who hired the coach and didn't even conduct a search?

Of course everyone gets blame...what other options did they have? It's the Browns...there weren't any options (that I know of). Hopefully this time around they can hire a guy with experience at least. Didn't like the hire at the time but it made sense bc he was a good OC last year...he just can't handle this much responsibility. Do I think he is a good OC still, sure...he was just in too deep or his head.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course everyone gets blame...what other options did they have? It's the Browns...there weren't any options (that I know of). Hopefully this time around they can hire a guy with experience at least. Didn't like the hire at the time but it made sense bc he was a good OC last year...he just can't handle this much responsibility. Do I think he is a good OC still, sure...he was just in too deep or his head.

something to be said for this comment by wylie before the season......“Baker (Mayfield) likes Freddie,’’ Wylie said on The Zach Gelb Show on CBS Sports Radio. “There’s a good relationship there even though (former Browns QB coach) Kenny Zampese did all the coaching there. Baker likes Freddie, so that had to (factor) into the decision.

I remember him also saying Zampese was in charge of the plays in the red zone which would make sense of this disaster.

what other options did he have? How about everyone on the planet other than the guys who were already NFL HCs?

I hope Freddie can turn things around but he has done nothing I can point to as a positive from this season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering the guy's pretty much a statue in the pocket y'all actually MIGHT'VE been better off...:lol:
Yeah...I was being serious. Allen made a few nice runs that kept drives going that Flacco probably gets flattened.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry to say, but if I could have Ogbah, Peppers, DK Metcalf (with pick we gave up) and Zeitler instead of Murray, Vernon and OBJ I'd jump at that.

Vernon is rated 12 points higher than Ogbah as a DE on PFF...
is Zeitler a big loss, sure but you can't say you want all those players back bc of one player. Zeitler rating is 71 according to PFF, that isn't good, that isn't anywhere close to elite like he was on the Browns.
Peppers is awful this year. With a below 60 rating.
You can't add in Metcalf bc you have clue who they would have drafted.

I know you are trying to blame Dorsey for the moves when in reality it isn't all him. Those moves made sense.
Even the Kitchens move...what other options did they have?

Odell hasn't been great but it's not like Mayfield is giving him many chances. Mayfield is not playing his game from day 1 this season, he isn't the same player and I don't think the coaches are exactly helping his growth tbh.

The facts are this team is just too young, inexperienced and undisciplined...that has to do with the coaching staff but it has more to do with the players. I think like a lot of people said during the offseason (like @bksballer89), this team is maybe another 2-3 years away from what we think they can be...a playoff team possibly. The media hyped them up and everybody joined in. Baker regressed but I am not buying into the bust talk, just seems like everything is going wrong and we need to be patient and see how the offseason goes and how they improve going into next year. Still one of the youngest teams in the NFL. Build that OL and get this team more disciplined.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok back to the NBA. Tired of talking about shit NFL teams

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Still think the Bills end up with 10/11 wins, same for Ravens & Colts/Texans

with their QB hurt the Colts might struggle actually...though backups seem to be doing pretty well this season...

as far as the Bills, love what they've done with their defense. about time SOME team gives the Patsies a halfway decent challenge in the AFC east...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers schedule is ridiculously easy for the next month.

No excuse for them to not have the best record

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon is rated 12 points higher than Ogbah as a DE on PFF...
is Zeitler a big loss, sure but you can't say you want all those players back bc of one player. Zeitler rating is 71 according to PFF, that isn't good, that isn't anywhere close to elite like he was on the Browns.
Peppers is awful this year. With a below 60 rating.
You can't add in Metcalf bc you have clue who they would have drafted.

I know you are trying to blame Dorsey for the moves when in reality it isn't all him. Those moves made sense.
Even the Kitchens move...what other options did they have?

Odell hasn't been great but it's not like Mayfield is giving him many chances. Mayfield is not playing his game from day 1 this season, he isn't the same player and I don't think the coaches are exactly helping his growth tbh.

The facts are this team is just too young, inexperienced and undisciplined...that has to do with the coaching staff but it has more to do with the players. I think like a lot of people said during the offseason (like @bksballer89), this team is maybe another 2-3 years away from what we think they can be...a playoff team possibly. The media hyped them up and everybody joined in. Baker regressed but I am not buying into the bust talk, just seems like everything is going wrong and we need to be patient and see how the offseason goes and how they improve going into next year. Still one of the youngest teams in the NFL. Build that OL and get this team more disciplined.
Vernon has showed a pulse in 2 games (the last 2...hope he isn't hurt). Agree Zeitler isn't elite like on the Browns, but if we had him he IS on the Browns. Peppers much better than whiteside. come on. And true I don't know they take Metcalf, but if they wanted a WR they could take him and pay him a rookie salary as opposed to top 5 among WRs.

Why do you keep saying "what options did he have" at coach? Arians all but begged for the position. You think no one would have wanted to coach a team with the talent this team showed last year...young talent?

with less talent the OL, QB and WRs were all better last year second half of season. And Freddy dumped all those coaches. No excuse for that.

But nothing we can do about it now. I guess we can only hope Freddie is the problem and not Baker (and I think that's more the case). If it's Baker we are Fd.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok back to the NBA. Tired of talking about shit NFL teams

ok...

the Lakers won again last night and are currently leading the Western conference in the standings...

and Dwight Howard for all of his wackiness is actually being true to his word and trying to act like a model citizen. guess his re-joining the team WASN'T a disaster after all...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 would an off topic thread be better or is it ok to discuss football in here?

Technically, a separate thread would be better because not everyone wants to talk football.

On the other hand, the NFL and college seasons are in full swing with playoff contention and bowl games being sorted out, while the NBA just started. So I kind of expect a certain amount of football talk in here. Heck, I participate in it.