• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, they talked about that on BSPN this morning a little. saying that IF Freak's smart he won't sign an extension with the Bucks...

and the Heat'll have enough room to go after him after the upcoming season...

so much for WiggityWack's predictions of doom and gloom...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers Expected To Pursue Deal For Giannis Antetokounmpo

The Los Angeles Clippers plan to pursue a deal for Giannis Antetokounmpo, according to multiple league sources.

One of the sources said Antetokounmpo has an “admiration” for Clippers head coach Doc Rivers.

Both Kawhi Leonard and Paul George can become free agents in the summer of 2021. The Clippers have limited trade capital following their deal for George during the 2019 offseason.

Sources say the Miami Heat, Golden State Warriors, Toronto Raptors and Dallas Mavericks also have interest in pursuing Antetokounmpo.

But league sources say they consider the Milwaukee Bucks as the clear favorite to retain him in 2021.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers interested in CP3. Not sure what a trade would look like there. Bucks interested in him too

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you trade Herro, Bam, 21 and 23 1st's and cap fillers for Giannis?

I doubt MIL would trade Bucks but if they did Miami has the assets.
Mavs can offer up an injury-prone Porzingis.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you trade Herro, Bam, 21 and 23 1st's and cap fillers for Giannis?

I doubt MIL would trade Bucks but if they did Miami has the assets.
Mavs can offer up an injury-prone Porzingis.

Hard no if I am Miami.

What makes the Miami possibility so intriguing is stacking those players with Giannis once they get him in free agency.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers Expected To Pursue Deal For Giannis Antetokounmpo

The Los Angeles Clippers plan to pursue a deal for Giannis Antetokounmpo, according to multiple league sources.

One of the sources said Antetokounmpo has an “admiration” for Clippers head coach Doc Rivers.

Both Kawhi Leonard and Paul George can become free agents in the summer of 2021. The Clippers have limited trade capital following their deal for George during the 2019 offseason.

Sources say the Miami Heat, Golden State Warriors, Toronto Raptors and Dallas Mavericks also have interest in pursuing Antetokounmpo.

But league sources say they consider the Milwaukee Bucks as the clear favorite to retain him in 2021.

I really don’t think there is any mutually beneficial trade package out there for Giannis.

It is in Milwaukee’s best interest to go all in trying to retain him. Settling for 70-80% in return trade value just makes them the Indiana Pacers.

The risk that he walks for nothing is outweighed by the potential reward if he doesn’t.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t think there is any mutually beneficial trade package out there for Giannis.

It is in Milwaukee’s best interest to go all in trying to retain him. Settling for 70-80% in return trade value just makes them the Indiana Pacers.

The risk that he walks for nothing is outweighed by the potential reward if he doesn’t.

I agree and like MIL said they won't trade him. I believe that is true bc like you said, not one package will be good enough.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers interested in CP3. Not sure what a trade would look like there. Bucks interested in him too

I don't see how the Sixers make it work financially without giving up Horford which would take about 3 first rounders for OKC to even think of taking on that bullshit lol.

There clearly was no grand plan for Philly in the last offseason. Just a litany of errors.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and like MIL said they won't trade him. I believe that is true bc like you said, not one package will be good enough.

I reckon Giannis could also be had with a KDesque trade package if he didn't want to re-sign but also didn't want to handicap Milwaukee. It's definitely much more likely he stays the final year than not.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how the Sixers make it work financially without giving up Horford which would take about 3 first rounders for OKC to even think of taking on that bullshit lol.

There clearly was no grand plan for Philly in the last offseason. Just a litany of errors.

Chris Paul is a bad contract too though.

He did OKC extremely well by playing great and largely decreasing the negative equity in his contract.

But, nobody is giving an asset for him.

Horford is definitely a worse contract, but I don’t think 3 firsts worse.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Paul is a bad contract too though.

He did OKC extremely well by playing great and largely decreasing the negative equity in his contract.

But, nobody is giving an asset for him.

Horford is definitely a worse contract, but I don’t think 3 firsts worse.

Obviously Paul's contract gets better with time. Agreed probably not three firsts but that's definitely the worse deal of the 2

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard no if I am Miami.

What makes the Miami possibility so intriguing is stacking those players with Giannis once they get him in free agency.
Tough one. Other than as assets (which they'd be here and why you have them) 21 and 23 not likely to bring back anything special. Obviously cap filler not something you'd mind losing. Almost like Bam/Herro for Giannis.

That said, I'm certainly not laughing about that anymore like I would have before the season (laughing as a no-brainer Bucks would not do it).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one. Other than as assets (which they'd be here and why you have them) 21 and 23 not likely to bring back anything special. Obviously cap filler not something you'd mind losing. Almost like Bam/Herro for Giannis.

That said, I'm certainly not laughing about that anymore like I would have before the season (laughing as a no-brainer Bucks would not do it).
But Miami wouldnt do it either. Neither team would. Miami and Riley have enough confidence they can sign him in 2021 they wouldnt give up all their young talent for Giannis. Riley’s been there, done that and Miami is an enticing location for FA’s.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Miami wouldnt do it either. Neither team would. Miami and Riley have enough confidence they can sign him in 2021 they wouldnt give up all their young talent for Giannis. Riley’s been there, done that and Miami is an enticing location for FA’s.

Yep. And the core is enticing enough if they miss on Giannis they have other options