• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he shouldn’t have been shot.

WTF man?

You think police can shoot somebody for yelling at them?

He didn't comply with officer commands and went back into his vehicle. Cop had a gun drawn on the person in question - you do that when said person poses some semblance of a threat. This was the case with Jacob Blake, it's the same situation here, just to a lesser degree. When he got back in the vehicle, there's no saying the guy doesn't have a gun in his car and the person's hands go out of visibility of the officer's. Hence, why the officer would've been in his right to tase/shoot said individual.

See, I'm not a racist as some may start to speculate. But I will say that there are officers that have double standards, and those are the ones that piss me off. I'm all for police officers that were in the situation that Jacob Blake put themselves in. But the one that @bksballer89 posted, was overly liberal with the person and *likely* wouldn't have given Jacob Blake the same treatment; those are the ones I'm against.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://nypost.com/2020/08/29/kenosha-cops-say-jacob-blake-was-holding-knife-contradicting-ag/

Apparently, Jacob Blake had the knife in his hand, had fought with officers putting an officer in a headlock, and dropped the knife in the car after he was shot.

The witness who recorded the incident said that he didn't see the knife, but that he did hear officers yell to Blake "Drop the knife, Drop the Knife."

Furthermore, Jacob Blake was apparently violating a restraining order hence why the officers were called. This is why it's laughable to have just let him go. Willing to bet in that hypothetical situation he comes back to the premises more pissed off and we have a much more tragic incident than what we already have.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/28/this-is-why-jacob-blake-had-a-warrant-out-for-his-arrest/

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, Jacob Blake was apparently violating a restraining order hence why the officers were called. This is why it's laughable to have just let him go. Willing to bet in that hypothetical situation he comes back to the premises more pissed off and we have a much more tragic incident than what we already have.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/28/this-is-why-jacob-blake-had-a-warrant-out-for-his-arrest/

End of the day: Folks need to start letting investigations happen and the full story to come out before they start protesting and placing blame.

I doubt the investigation is complete, but as more comes out, it's looking like the officers handled it correctly.

It's sad that it came to that and even sadder that it happened in front of his kids...but he is the one who created the situation by even going somewhere he legally wasn't supposed to be and then escalating things even further when the police showed up.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of the day: Folks need to start letting investigations happen and the full story to come out before they start protesting and placing game.

I doubt the investigation is complete, but as more comes out, it's looking like the officers handled it correctly.

It's sad that it came to that and even sadder that it happened in front of his kids...but he is the one who created the situation by even going somewhere he legally wasn't supposed to be and then escalating things even further when the police showed up.

Unfortunately this is what society, media and social media have allowed a segment of the population to become - we now have Twitter court. To this day, the NBA and other professional leagues are still protesting for Jacob Blake now. George Floyd was one thing, yes he broke the law and wasn't complying with officers - didn't deserve the punishment he got. Jacob Blake is entirely different.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside the NBA was wild tonight. Shaq breaking brooms, boards, and bending a metal pipe. And Barkley screwed Eric Bledsoe's name up 3 times, "Eric Rudolph...Eric Randolph...Zach Randolph"

:pound:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside the NBA was wild tonight. Shaq breaking brooms, boards, and bending a metal pipe. And Barkley screwed Eric Bledsoe's name up 3 times, "Eric Rudolph...Eric Randolph...Zach Randolph"

:pound:

i was lmfaoo

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of the day: Folks need to start letting investigations happen and the full story to come out before they start protesting and placing blame.

Yep. This dude is a terrible example of the issue at hand. I don't agree with shooting him seven times but end of day once they pull the trigger it's about neutralizing the threat.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hardaway on the points and kemba moreso on the combined.

(I had this post typed out and forgot to send)

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siakam has been very up and down In the bubble

Granted they played the Nets

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, but as someone earlier said (you, I think, but not sure), people are too quick to judge with the way the news is now. Once the narrative became another white cop shoots an unarmed black man that was it for most. They didn't need or want to hear more.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, but as someone earlier said (you, I think, but not sure), people are too quick to judge with the way the news is now. Once the narrative became another white cop shoots an unarmed black man that was it for most. They didn't need or want to hear more.

It's also the seven shots part of it. But yes more people need to stop and analyze the situation before reacting. Put themselves in the cop shoes

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also the seven shots part of it. But yes more people need to stop and analyze the situation before reacting. Put themselves in the cop shoes
Yes the 7 shots mattered to many....like they would not have complained, though, if it was 1-3 shots though?