• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's seat of the pants. This is not their job. They are just making noise, and I'm sure will be discussing concrete steps now and in the future.

You guys say "oh well if you want to protest you need to have some plan worked out first". How about they make noise, then make plans when they are done playing?

Because they didn't think long term. They're stuck on step 1 and don't know where to go from here. If you don't know how to maneuver these waters, probably best not to steer the ship in the first place. And this isn't something that just now started, this "movement" going on for months, so why has a plan not been discussed. @tlance or @trojanfan12 literally outlined a series of steps in this thread alone. You mean to tell me that an entire league couldn't have come up with this short concept? If so, that's beyond laughable.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think black people should shut up and let the police keep doing it the same way?

NO, they probably shouldn't resist arrest and put their kids' lives in danger. That is one thing that would help.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, because it's the NBA players' burden to protest everything wrong everywhere in the world before they speak up about racism at home

Well, again, you take up the stance for human rights in your own country but ignore what's going on elsewhere.. But it's modern day holocaust over in China, which happens to be a heavy financial backer of the NBA. And numerous people have called out the hypocrisy, including ESPN.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, again, you take up the stance for human rights in your own country but ignore what's going on elsewhere.. But it's modern day holocaust over in China, which happens to be a heavy financial backer of the NBA. And numerous people have called out the hypocrisy, including ESPN.
Hasn't stopped you from watching, that Holocaust the NBA is apparently responsible for

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO, they probably shouldn't resist arrest and put their kids' lives in danger. That is one thing that would help.

Jacob Blake did the following:

- Resist arrest
- Was tazed
- Had arrest warrant for sexually assaulting a teenage girl
- Had a weapon on his person or in his vehicle
- Walked to a vehicle and attempted to enter after altercation where cops have no idea what weapon(s) may exist in his vehicle
- Is shot 7 times

I don't agree with him getting shot 7 times, but that's a horrible situation to be in if you're a cop. We ignore all of the information except the last point. We're literally protesting for someone that sexually assaulted a young girl because it fits an agenda. Sad.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it has. I haven't watched a game since the bubble.
Ok fair enough. So why do you care if they play or protest or whatever? You're done with them already.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Resist arrest
- Was tazed
- Walked to a vehicle and attempted to enter after altercation where cops have no idea what weapon(s) may exist in his vehicle
- Is shot 7 times

I don't agree with him getting shot 7 times, but that's a horrible situation to be in if you're a cop. We ignore all of the information except the last point. We're literally protesting for someone that sexually assaulted a young girl because it fits an agenda. Sad.

Add to the list:

- was on someone's property that had a restraining order on him

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok fair enough. So why do you care if they play or protest or whatever? You're done with them already.

Because they have an influence on society. Their approach so far has actually had a negative impact and is counter productive to what they're ultimately trying to achieve.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Resist arrest
- Was tazed
- Is shot 7 times

The teenage girl thing has been found to be a lie

Unfortunate that there are those that choose to do that shit

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they have an influence on society. Their approach so far has actually had a negative impact and is counter productive to what they're ultimately trying to achieve.
Since you don't think there's a problem, anything they do will have a "negative impact".

You and I just see the world very differently.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected. Apparently he sexually assaulted his ex-girlfriend - Was Jacob Blake Charged With Raping a Child?

I'd suspect that's the driving incident behind the altercation with the police

I mean that's bad enough I just don't understand why we have to "dress it up" even more so it can be passed around social media a million times incorrectly.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd suspect that's the driving incident behind the altercation with the police

I mean that's bad enough I just don't understand why we have to "dress it up" even more so it can be passed around social media a million times incorrectly.

Ya, that's my mistake. An overwhelming amount of people drove with it including some other outlets that are usually reliable. But, I have been complaining about the lack of accuracy with the media and went with it, so I own up to that.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... I disagree that it's an empty gesture. At the very least, a helluva a lot of people have been talking about this and some folks, including former players, have been expressing their feelings as well...
The idea that a "white cop shoots black suspect" scenario needs help to have people talk about it in this day and age is laughable.

Like looking at the ocean and thinking it needs more help with water or something.

"We gotta do something to make this ocean situation more wet"

:D
tf12 said:
Additionally, there is supposed to be a meeting today among the owners and the league...I would assume to discuss what more they can do to help the social justice cause. It seems that one of the things the players want is more involvement from ownership and the league itself.

So, at the least, even more conversation has taken place and at best we will now have the owners and the league involved in working with the players to address some of these issues.
The NBA has been pretty willing to listen and pretty genuine, too... the league does not come across as "cynically complying because they feel they have to"... they come across as willing to accommodate, IMO.

So it's interesting that the player's ire has turned towards the upper mgmt.

Frankly, it seems (to me) like the players don't have a plan and are neither well organized nor well defined. They just yell "change" and "action" without nuts, bolts or specifics.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, that's my mistake. An overwhelming amount of people drove with it including some other outlets that are usually reliable. But, I have been complaining about the lack of accuracy with the media and went with it, so I own up to that.

I did the same with this also