• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as it's a big spot now Kershaw will choke

tenor.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Kendrick Perkins on ESPN say he is worried for his kids because they go to schools "which are 90% white"... he said he has to teach them how they aren't safe.

lol... sounds like Perk is living in a nice, cozy bubble... if his kids have to live in fear, ain't no one safe nowhere.

This is what ESPN has become, cmon. That is ridiculous

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what ESPN has become, cmon. That is ridiculous

Again it's just becomes fodder for the hateful types that use soundbites like that to spread a negative image of the NBA.

Does precisely zero to help any cause. You have to teach fear? Unfortunate take.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope reason carries through. I'd really be disappointed with the NBA if they cancelled over this.

Same. If any police involved shooting over the 3 months they were scheduled to be in the bubble would cancel the season then they should have ended the season back in June

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the whole stopping and starting crap isn't it

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to think so. but their core fans, which I suspect is 98% of their fanbase is going nowhere. The other 2%? Who knows.

Gotta be honest. For me having gone to the lengths to defend the NBA I have it would be a decision I'd have to think on. I know eventually I'd warm back up but it could take a while.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the players will decide to do. But, imo, whether intentionally or not, they are showing people what needs to be happening re: these bigger issues.

We have a tweet saying that emotions are raw (which is understandable) and that the season is in jeopardy.

Then we have a 2nd tweet saying there is a sizable number of players who want to finish the season.

My guess would be that there is a 3rd faction of players (especially younger ones) who aren't sure what the hell to do.

We know that they are getting together to try to figure out what the best way forward is.

Seems to me, that is what should be happening in the rest of society, but so far, isn't.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the players will decide to do. But, imo, whether intentionally or not, they are showing people what needs to be happening re: these bigger issues.

We have a tweet saying that emotions are raw (which is understandable) and that the season is in jeopardy.

Then we have a 2nd tweet saying there is a sizable number of players who want to finish the season.

My guess would be that there is a 3rd faction of players (especially younger ones) who aren't sure what the hell to do.

We know that they are getting together to try to figure out what the best way forward is.

Seems to me, that is what should be happening in the rest of society, but so far, isn't.

I do agree with that. But I'm not as sympathetic with this process. As @bksballer89 said if they felt this would cancel the season they never should have played.

I get being emotional but yes eventually it strikes a nerve. Change doesn't happen overnight. There has been a lot of change in thought processes. We can't have sports held hostage every time something happens.