• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing what a long break will do for old dudes.

that and actually practicing with a new team. I'm sure he barely got in any practice time with the Heat since he was acquired in the middle of the season

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

If you really saw LeBron play any games at Akron U's gym you'd know the name of it. It's not a stadium goofy. You never saw him play at Akron U.

And if Romeo Travis was that good he would have gotten a better offer than Akron U. Ohio State didn't offer him anything.

He was pretty good though. I wouldn't necessarily hold it against him because bigger schools didn't offer him. Steph went to Davidson, Dame went Weber St, McCollum went to Lehigh, Ja went to Murray St, Windler went to Belmont, Siakam went to NMSU etc... A bunch of guys were under-recruited out of high school. Plus if you're the best player on a top 50 team, you're pretty good. Plus he's played overseas for the last 13 years.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody should be.

Depends on the details and how closely the cops stuck to protocol in serving the warrant.

But, IMO, the judge who signed it, and whoever put the intel together for it are at least as much if not more to blame than the cops.

If they broke protocol, then yeah. If they followed, they were doing their jobs and should be seen more as the weapon than the actual trigger men.

Somebody should be held accountable, just not 100% sure who.

^^^This^^^

From what I heard (and I admittedly haven't followed this case real close), her boyfriend or husband or whoever, fired at the officers because he thought they were intruders.

So, if the cops were there serving a legit warrant and they're fired upon, they're going to fire back. In that case, it's a tragic accident (at least as far as the officers actions).

But, as you said, if they broke protocol, then that's a completely different thing.

As for the warrant itself? Yeah, what was the reasoning for a "no knock warrant" on this and who provided the intel that led to this needs to be looked at very closely.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This^^^

From what I heard (and I admittedly haven't followed this case real close), her boyfriend or husband or whoever, fired at the officers because he thought they were intruders.

So, if the cops were there serving a legit warrant and they're fired upon, they're going to fire back. In that case, it's a tragic accident (at least as far as the officers actions).

But, as you said, if they broke protocol, then that's a completely different thing.

As for the warrant itself? Yeah, what was the reasoning for a "no knock warrant" on this and who provided the intel that led to this needs to be looked at very closely.

Exactly.

If protocol was maintained, both parties acted as a reasonable person would in an exchange of gunfire.

Now, I can’t for the life me understand why a no-knock warrant would be applicable in just about any situation. I don’t think the element of surprise is really what police should be going for. They should at least be required to identify themselves as police before entering to avoid this situation.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

If protocol was maintained, both parties acted as a reasonable person would in an exchange of gunfire.

Now, I can’t for the life me understand why a no-knock warrant would be applicable in just about any situation. I don’t think the element of surprise is really what police should be going for. They should at least be required to identify themselves as police before entering to avoid this situation.

And I say this not blaming the officers, but blaming the system that allows this practice in some areas.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Yep. Any person with a gun is going to shoot if someone just come in their home as we all would think it is an intruder. That no knock warrant is just dumb

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Yeah, I should have added, no charges against the boyfriend/husband for firing at officers either.

As far as I understand it, a no knock warrant is typically used in a situation where there was an expectation of violence.

For example, if the information that was being acted on was that this was a house that was likely to be filled with gang members...if police are announcing themselves before entering, they're asking to get shot.

Officers have been shot trying to serve warrants. Unfortunately, with no knock warrants, you can get tragedies like this one as well.

In many cases, the element of surprise is exactly what the police should be going for. If a criminal knows they're coming, it gives them a better chance to get away or get rid of evidence.

Given a choice, I guess I'd side with getting rid of no knock warrants. The police officers know why they're there, have some idea what to expect and they at least have bullet proof vests.

An innocent person trying to defend their home doesn't have any of that. Plus, the officers know the danger of the job they've chosen.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty good though. I wouldn't necessarily hold it against him because bigger schools didn't offer him. Steph went to Davidson, Dame went Weber St, McCollum went to Lehigh, Ja went to Murray St, Windler went to Belmont, Siakam went to NMSU etc... A bunch of guys were under-recruited out of high school. Plus if you're the best player on a top 50 team, you're pretty good. Plus he's played overseas for the last 13 years.

Comparing Romeo Travis to Steph, McCollum, Morant and Siakam? :pound: That would make sense. If Travis got to the NBA. So playing overseas for 13 years in somehow equal to playing in the NBA?

He had a decent college career. But that's about it. I went to Akron U. I watched him play. He shouldn't be compared to the players you mentioned.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland with Collins and Nurk in the front court is much better

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of the Blazers bench though.

I would go with 8 man rotation. Trent, Simon, and Whiteside would be my bench. Not a fan of the other bench guys

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Trent Jr. I remember his dad playing at Ohio U. He was known as the Shaq of the MAC.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's what he's getting at. I don't think he's concerned about NBA personnel or reporters, etc. (or at least not AS worried) leaving the bubble, returning and causing some sort of outbreak in the bubble...I think it's the Disney workers that are coming into the bubble, going home after their shift and then returning the next day.

I'd be interested to see the protocol around the Disney workers. Not so much them being tested every day, I'd be willing to bet that is happening...but what is being done to make sure interactions between the Disney and NBA personnel are a minimal as possible.
Of course.....but weren't they doing this leading up to the testing that resulted in 0 positives?