• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That I agree with.

Hell, if you play D3 college ball you are really good.

And the easiest players to overlook are the guards. There are literally thousands of highly skilled high school guards. Pretty easy for 1 to fall through the cracks and get under recruited.

Yeah, I agree. I was a pretty good high school player and didn't make the team at the D3 school I went too. In my defense we made the Final 4 my FR year, so that was a pretty good team. One of those guys even ended up overseas playing for a year. He was a beast.

But yeah, definitely is easy for a guy to fall through the cracks.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already said it was impressive that he played professionally for all those years. You seemed to have missed that.

And the problem with the players you mentioned is Romeo Travis was never on their level. Something else you seem to be ignoring. But continue your rant.

Yes, I understand he wasn't on their level, but the SCHOOL he went to were, and in some instances better than some of those schools I mentioned. You seem to be missing my point about how it doesn't matter which school recruits you.

If you can agree he's pretty good, why does it matter who recruited him? That makes your original statement pretty dumb to begin with.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure physically staying away is enough, though, if they are infected and, say, cleaned their rooms.

I'd assume they're tested on the way in and masked and gloved the whole time.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I get your point and it is a good one.

Just doesn’t really apply to Steph. Coaches saw him and knew who he was as the son of an NBA player. They gave him much longer looks than hey would a regular 6’1” guard because of his pedigree and pretty much all decided he wasn’t good enough. At the time I agreed with that assessment.

I heard the story from McKillop because I used to work the Davidson basketball camp every summer and I was there while Steph was. The transformation he made between the summer of his junior year and the summer before his freshman year of college was incredible. Did not resemble the same player. Then he just took off even more while at Davidson.

His story is one to tell any young athlete who maybe isn’t the biggest, fastest or strongest.

And also why I hated some of the criticism he got from fans when the Warriors were dominating the league. Dude is definitely good people.

Oh I definitely get what you're saying. It also probably applies to guys like McCollum, Dame, Ja and Duncan Robinson too. Curry may have gotten more exposure than these guys, because of his name, and seems like he blossomed late, which can happen. Steph was a stud though as a FR. I remember watching him in the 07 tournament and thinking how in the heck did he end up at a place like Davidson, which don't get me wrong, was a good low major program, but certainly not the status it is today in the A10.

And yeah Steph has always been one of my favorite players. Dude changed the game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I definitely get what you're saying. It also probably applies to guys like McCollum, Dame, Ja and Duncan Robinson too. Curry may have gotten more exposure than these guys, because of his name, and seems like he blossomed late, which can happen. Steph was a stud though as a FR. I remember watching him in the 07 tournament and thinking how in the heck did he end up at a place like Davidson, which don't get me wrong, was a good low major program, but certainly not the status it is today in the A10.

And yeah Steph has always been one of my favorite players. Dude changed the game.

Oh for sure.

Crazy thing is that Seth was basically the exact same! Even after Steph’s success. He was 2 years younger, also a late bloomer. And I am not sure if he had other offers, but he played his Freshman year at Liberty!

Then proved he was a lot better than a Big South player and transferred to Duke.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.....but weren't they doing this leading up to the testing that resulted in 0 positives?

I think this was from the day they entered the bubble. So those protocols wouldn't have started yet.

Now, if it's the first round of tests since they entered the bubble, then you'd be correct.

I'm not 100% sure it was from the day they entered or first test since everyone got there though.

Last edited:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure.

Crazy thing is that Seth was basically the exact same! Even after Steph’s success. He was 2 years younger, also a late bloomer. And I am not sure if he had other offers, but he played his Freshman year at Liberty!

Then proved he was a lot better than a Big South player and transferred to Duke.

Yeah I was surprised Seth didn't get any looks at bigger schools just given his brother and dad's pedigree. I remember him tearing it up as a FR at Liberty for sure. I would have liked for him to stay there, but understand why he left for Duke. He's definitely carved out a nice career for him in the NBA and got a nice chunk of change last off-season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was surprised Seth didn't get any looks at bigger schools just given his brother and dad's pedigree. I remember him tearing it up as a FR at Liberty for sure. I would have liked for him to stay there, but understand why he left for Duke. He's definitely carved out a nice career for him in the NBA and got a nice chunk of change last off-season.

Richie McKay was his coach at Liberty.

Not 100% sure, but I think the year Curry transferred was the same year McKay moved to UVA to join Bennett’s staff. Not saying McKay would have gotten Seth to stay, heck he may have even told him to leave, but that could have played a role in Curry’s decision.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this was from the day they entered the bubble. So those protocols wouldn't have started yet.

Now, if it's the first round of tests since they entered the bubble, then you'd be correct.

I'm not 100% sure it was from the day they entered or first test since everyone got there though.
didn't they enter 2 weeks ago or so? was under impression this was not their first test and was one of the test SINCE entering the bubble.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody should be.

Depends on the details and how closely the cops stuck to protocol in serving the warrant.

But, IMO, the judge who signed it, and whoever put the intel together for it are at least as much if not more to blame than the cops.

If they broke protocol, then yeah. If they followed, they were doing their jobs and should be seen more as the weapon than the actual trigger men.

Somebody should be held accountable, just not 100% sure who.

I see it more as an accident but it seems like the warrant sucked. I don't know what the solution is other than to eliminate no knocks like they did

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't they enter 2 weeks ago or so? was under impression this was not their first test and was one of the test SINCE entering the bubble.

Yeah, I'm not sure when the info was from. I'm hoping you're right. If you are, that's a good sign that this has a good chance of working.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not sure when the info was from. I'm hoping you're right. If you are, that's a good sign that this has a good chance of working.
I think it has to be since entering as if memory serves in the original testing there were some positives, weren't there?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has to be since entering as if memory serves in the original testing there were some positives, weren't there?

Maybe. I remember some from awhile back, just not if it was from a couple of weeks ago or earlier.