• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally something exciting! The grocery store adds were in the mail today. :yes:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But weren't you concerned (rightfully) about staff coming and going?

Of course I am.

I don’t believe they designed the bubble as well as they should have.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good. But I think the ROY award will go to Zion. The league let 22 teams in so the Pels can play. And the league will make sure they make the playoffs. But Morant deserves the award.

They said the awards were based on play before the bubble.

If that is the case, Zion can’t win. Ja has a fantastic rookie season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to sound mean or anything. But the workers shouldn't get within 30 feet of anyone associated with the league just to be on the safe side. Now sure if that's possible though.

Yeah, I can't really think of any reason why they would need to be. Maid service would need to make sure the room is unoccupied. Food can be delivered and left at the door.

I would expect that the Disney personnel have been warned about trying to get themselves into position where they could interact with NBA personnel and that precautions have been taken. Just no idea what they are.

I'm not as concerned about it as @tlance seems to be, because I trust that precautions are being taken. But he's definitely right in that it is a potential wildcard.

Assuming the Disney employees are being kept away...it would be really cool if after this was all over, the league got a bunch of players, went back out there and did something cool for those folks.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP: Giannis
Rookie: Ja Morant
6th Man: Lou Williams
Most Improved: Bam Adebayo
Coach: Nick Nurse
Defensive Player: Hoping for AD, but probably Giannis

First Team All-NBA

Lebron
Harden
Kawhi
Giannis
AD

Only thing that I'd change is that I think AD will get DPOY.

Interestingly, from what I've heard in various interviews, if players had a vote, Lebron would be MVP. But the writers seem to prefer Giannis. The writers logic seems to be that Lebron doesn't really play both ends of the floor anymore.

I heard an interesting stat that would indicate how valuable Lebron is to the Lakers...

When Lebron is in the game, the Lakers have the #2 offense in the league. When he's out, they drop to 28th. I could be wrong, but I doubt there's another player in the league that even comes close to that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said the awards were based on play before the bubble.

If that is the case, Zion can’t win. Ja has a fantastic rookie season.

Please don't ruin my Zion conspiracy theory. After all he went to dook. Durham smells funny.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can't really think of any reason why they would need to be. Maid service would need to make sure the room is unoccupied. Food can be delivered and left at the door.

I would expect that the Disney personnel have been warned about trying to get themselves into position where they could interact with NBA personnel and that precautions have been taken. Just no idea what they are.

I'm not as concerned about it as @tlance seems to be, because I trust that precautions are being taken. But he's definitely right in that it is a potential wildcard.

Assuming the Disney employees are being kept away...it would be really cool if after this was all over, the league got a bunch of players, went back out there and did something cool for those folks.

As we get closer I get more excited. But I'll remain cautiously optimistic until everything officially restarts.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing that I'd change is that I think AD will get DPOY.

Interestingly, from what I've heard in various interviews, if players had a vote, Lebron would be MVP. But the writers seem to prefer Giannis. The writers logic seems to be that Lebron doesn't really play both ends of the floor anymore.

I heard an interesting stat that would indicate how valuable Lebron is to the Lakers...

When Lebron is in the game, the Lakers have the #2 offense in the league. When he's out, they drop to 28th. I could be wrong, but I doubt there's another player in the league that even comes close to that.

What a lot of people don't seem to realize is that MVP doesn't mean "best player".

Giannis is the best in my mind, but seeing what Lebron has done, in year 17 no less, should definitely be considered Most Valuable

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we get closer I get more excited. But I'll remain cautiously optimistic until everything officially restarts.

lol

I'm probably gonna be cautiously optimistic until the final buzzer of the final championship game. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a lot of people don't seem to realize is that MVP doesn't mean "best player".

Giannis is the best in my mind, but seeing what Lebron has done, in year 17 no less, should definitely be considered Most Valuable

Yep. I've been saying for years that the NBA should add a Most Outstanding Player award.

Some years it would be the same player, some years not. This year, for example, I'd give the MVP to Lebron and the MOP to Giannis.

Of course, you could probably reverse that and still be right. lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the way the arenas are setup. It doesn't have that weird look that we get in baseball, soccer, and likely football where there are all those empty seats.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does the court say black lives matters on it in HUGE letters...Embarrassing

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see Lebron's first game in person?

Lebron played at Akron U because they couldn't fit all the fans into Stv's...I saw him play at the Akron U stadium...He was way better than everyone and Romeo Travis was pretty good but never made it to the NBA