• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I'm saying it's newsworthy. It was a better than expected result.

Starting off with zero tests is good and at the least, provides some confidence that this may work.

Still a long way to go...but a better than expected start.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I think they should be fine until the families report in September

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I'm saying it's newsworthy. It was a better than expected result.

Starting off with zero tests is good and at the least, provides some confidence that this may work.

Still a long way to go...but a better than expected start.

I agree it is newsworthy and very good news.

I just would hope the NBA has high enough standards that they would expect to have zero positive tests every day.

Because like I said, the TBT did it on a fraction of the budget. Only for a couple weeks, but still.

0 positives should be the expectation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I think they should be fine until the families report in September

The good thing about that is that, if I remember what I heard correctly, something like 14 of the teams will be gone by the beginning of September.

So, while the families showing up will be a bit of an x-factor, if I understood correctly, it will only be the families of the final 8 teams added to the mix.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't even allow me to @ mecca

Weird

Did she delete her account?

Maybe she was serious about taking her ball and going home.

damn that would suck

Won't let you click her profile if you look up her old posts either. Gives you an error and says the member doesn't allow others to view their profile, which I didn't even think was an option. But it may do that if you can delete your profile as well. :noidea:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo....he's got a bruised ass? :noidea:

I'm no doctor or science expert, but his body just seems to be lacking something when it comes to healing.
He's a physical specimen, but he just can't stay on the court.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't let you click her profile if you look up her old posts either. Gives you an error and says the member doesn't allow others to view their profile, which I didn't even think was an option. But it may do that if you can delete your profile as well. :noidea:

There are privacy settings that allow you to decide if you want your profile to be visible to all, to members only or only people you follow.

If she has it set to where only people she follows can see her profile and she doesn't follow anyone, no one can look at her profile.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thoughts?

with a team with a new staff was kind of hoping they'd have at least one game....also heard a few vets say they'd like a couple games to see what things are like with the new procedures.

But whatever.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

If the bubble is designed correctly, there should never be a positive case because players would never be exposed to anyone who has it.

For example, the TBT had zero cases after their initial test in.

That is how the bubble should work. Good news there was zero cases, but 0 should be the expectation.
But weren't you concerned (rightfully) about staff coming and going?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but it would have been awesome to see. He had a great game and the Kings won.
My younger days so easily stayed up to watch the entire game. Going by memory he went for 21, 7 and 7?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But weren't you concerned (rightfully) about staff coming and going?

I think that's what he's getting at. I don't think he's concerned about NBA personnel or reporters, etc. (or at least not AS worried) leaving the bubble, returning and causing some sort of outbreak in the bubble...I think it's the Disney workers that are coming into the bubble, going home after their shift and then returning the next day.

I'd be interested to see the protocol around the Disney workers. Not so much them being tested every day, I'd be willing to bet that is happening...but what is being done to make sure interactions between the Disney and NBA personnel are a minimal as possible.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's what he's getting at. I don't think he's concerned about NBA personnel or reporters, etc. (or at least not AS worried) leaving the bubble, returning and causing some sort of outbreak in the bubble...I think it's the Disney workers that are coming into the bubble, going home after their shift and then returning the next day.

I'd be interested to see the protocol around the Disney workers. Not so much them being tested every day, I'd be willing to bet that is happening...but what is being done to make sure interactions between the Disney and NBA personnel are a minimal as possible.

Don't want to sound mean or anything. But the workers shouldn't get within 30 feet of anyone associated with the league just to be on the safe side. Now sure if that's possible though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My younger days so easily stayed up to watch the entire game. Going by memory he went for 21, 7 and 7?

My younger days have been in the rear view mirror for years. Did you know I secretly hate the Cavs because they ended Larry Legend's career? :heh: I was at that game in '92.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so desperate for basketball, i'm even going to watch the Magic scrimmage against the Clipps

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP: Giannis
Rookie: Ja Morant
6th Man: Lou Williams
Most Improved: Bam Adebayo
Coach: Nick Nurse
Defensive Player: Hoping for AD, but probably Giannis

First Team All-NBA

Lebron
Harden
Kawhi
Giannis
AD

Looks good. But I think the ROY award will go to Zion. The league let 22 teams in so the Pels can play. And the league will make sure they make the playoffs. But Morant deserves the award.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good. But I think the ROY award will go to Zion. The league let 22 teams in so the Pels can play. And the league will make sure they make the playoffs. But Morant deserves the award.

I agree, under normal circumstances Zion is the clear winner. But he hasn't played enough games. And the league has already said the upcoming games won't count for the season awards.

NBA individual awards won't include Orlando play