• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I mentioned to mecca yesterday (or maybe it was two days ago, don't remember) just to be on the safe side when I have to go to a store I always wear a mask.
Yep.

I was saying, for instance, to the antimaskers Mitchell's ice cream and Miles Market require masks in hope people stay away and it's less crowded when I go.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he's right. But since everything is not known yet about this virus I'll remain cautiously optimistic we won't go through another lockdown.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if there were another lockdown. At least on the scale of what we have gone/are going through.

What I could see happening is going back to mandatory masks everywhere and postponing the next phase of re-opening.

For example, the county I live in has seen a recent spike. It doesn't seem to be anything significant and is likely due to increased testing, but they're keeping an eye on it.

If the hospitalizations and/or death rate starts to spike, then I could see them postponing the next step until the numbers started improving.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to go all dtgold getting hung up on word...lol

It's very naive to think this way given how fluid this situation is.

We won't know the true affects for YEARS.

Not to go all tin foil hat...

But, for all we know, the shit could make you sterile, grow hair on your Fucking eyeballs 5 years down the line.

* Hyperbole*

I bet the creators of lead paint didn't see that shit coming and how many millions of homes used asbestos products that were deemed safe?

How many more stories about seemingly healthy people dying from this shit do you need to see before you believe it can happen?

In fairness, look how wrong folks were about HIV.

They went crazy burning down houses, firing peopke, kicking kids outta school because they thought you could get it from a Fucking pencil, sitting in the same chair, playing basketball and coming in contact with sweat.

All wrong and a overreaction.

So, it goes both ways.

You don't know the long-term affects and neither do I.

So, I'm not going to shit on any of these guys if they don't want to play because of it.

It's their lives we don't get to decide if it should be a concern for them or not.

Protesting is different.
FYI, sometimes only takes one word to make a rational comment irrational and absurd.

But I agree....no issue if someone chooses not to play due to health reasons/concerns.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what is "more and more"? seems numbers still very low for those 30-35 and under (which most players are)

Yeah, was curious about this myself. I don't really follow the numbers very closely, but I haven't seen or read anything about a rise in deaths or even showing symptoms among younger people.

Mecca has obviously followed this a lot closer than I have, so maybe she's seen something I missed?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read yesterday that the Lakers are confident that Dwight Howard will play if/when the season resumes.

They are apparently, "less clear" on Avery Bradley.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I mentioned to mecca yesterday (or maybe it was two days ago, don't remember) just to be on the safe side when I have to go to a store I always wear a mask.
In SF masks are required inside in every public building, as they should be. If that was the norm in the whole country, we would beat this thing even sooner

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His concerns were vaild IF they left the bubble. But seems they have no reason to leave the bubble and there are repercussions if they do.

Would be concerns if they left their bubble no matter where they were (yes, some more than others).

Yeah, that's the thing. They have to stay in the bubble. As long as they do that, what's going on outside the bubble shouldn't matter.

It's possible, maybe even probable, that someone will do something stupid...

But when you consider everything the NBA is doing to eliminate reasons to leave the bubble and that they would have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine, it would say a lot about them as a person and a teammate...none of it good.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, was curious about this myself. I don't really follow the numbers very closely, but I haven't seen or read anything about a rise in deaths or even showing symptoms among younger people.

Mecca has obviously followed this a lot closer than I have, so maybe she's seen something I missed?
All I know is the death trend continues to decline every week and hasn't stopped, yet. Only 269 dead yesterday, lowest in months. Sunday is always the low day, Tuesday high for some reason.

Note in normal times around 7700-8000 people die every day in the US.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, same here.

Like Mecca, I'm not worried about me. But I have 4 people in my life that I would like to have around for at least a little while longer, for 3 of them, catching it would likely be a long hospitalization at best and a death sentence at worst.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is the death trend continues to decline every week and hasn't stopped, yet. Only 269 dead yesterday, lowest in months. Sunday is always the low day, Tuesday high for some reason.

Note in normal times around 7700-8000 people die every day in the US.
Probably because weekend reporting is hit or miss in some areas.

Last edited:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what is "more and more"? seems numbers still very low for those 30-35 and under (which most players are)
More and more?

In the beginning, no deaths to young and healthy.

A month later, one or two.

Now, hundreds....

More and more :noidea:.

Not sure where you got the 30-35 are range.

I'm talking 0-40.

Babies, Toddlers, Teens, young adults...dying.....more and more.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More and more?

I'm the beginning, no deaths to young and healthy.

A month later, one or two.

Now, hundreds....

More and more :noidea:.
anything to support the numbers going up recently in young people (from, say, 20-35...the age of most NBA players)? Not saying you are wrong, but not something I've heard. I did hear a concern might be longterm effects on young people even if they show no symptoms.

Are you saying it went from only a few and spiked to hundreds recently? From what I can tell there are roughly 800 total since the pandemic began...

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...so why are some using as an excuse to not restart the season?
Honestly?

I have no idea.

If I go into conspiracy theory mode, Maybe to blowup the CBA?

Saw a few articles that said Kyrie thinks they should get more than 51 % BRI.

If that's what's happening, they are morons.

Covid has cost the NBA hundreds of millions.

Not sure why getting a larger piece of a smaller pie would be a win.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anything to support the numbers going up recently in young people (from, say, 20-35...the age of most NBA players)? Not saying you are wrong, but not something I've heard. I did hear a concern might be longterm effects on young people even if they show no symptoms.

Are you saying it went from only a few and spiked to hundreds recently? From what I can tell there are roughly 800 total since the pandemic began...

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku
I'm saying we went from not hearing of any deaths to young people to hearing about hundreds.

Nowhere in any of my posts did I give a timeframe.

This is from April.

Hundreds Of Young People Have Already Died Of COVID-19 In The U.S. | HuffPost

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying we went from not hearing of any deaths to young people to hearing about hundreds.

Nowhere in any of my posts when I give a timeframe.
and I'm asking the time frame it went from none to hundreds, when there are only 800 total deaths in this range. Sure you aren't thinking about CASES in young people, as I have seen a number of reports about young people contracting Covid more now?

As Covid-19 cases rise among younger adults, expect a lower death rate for now, says former CDC director - CNN

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I'm asking the time frame it went from none to hundreds, when there are only 800 total deaths in this range. Sure you aren't thinking about CASES in young people, as I have seen a number of reports about young people contracting Covid more now?

As Covid-19 cases rise among younger adults, expect a lower death rate for now, says former CDC director - CNN
From the beginning to now.

That's my time frame.

We went from not hearing about any young deaths to hearing about hundreds.

Young, healthy are dying....more and more.

^This is darn near a word for word amalgamation of my posts.^

Hundreds Of Young People Have Already Died Of COVID-19 In The U.S. | HuffPost