• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't need these ESPYs.

This is just weird. Could/should have waited until things were closer to normal

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every large college campus has multiple courts. Every single one. Also, every campus that has a 100,000 capacity football stadium has the hotel space to accommodate 800 NBA people.

The bubble would work if set up in the right place. If players were traveling to home arenas, there would be far more risk for the virus deciding the outcome of a series.
The bubble will work if they stay in it...no matter where.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're correct saying every large campus has multiple courts. They have student courts, but those aren't set up "real" games. The teams need space and more important in the NBA's case, they need space to set up broadcasts. The reason they were looking at Disney and Vegas was because those locations had sporting complexes that fit those needs as well as the hotel space. And as for hotel space in those college campuses, yeah, they have the space. But that space is literally in the town. The hotel space required needs to be in a blocked off area, hence why Disney was more ideal for them. If you picked any large college area, you're basically deciding to shut down the town or a sizable chunk of it so the NBA can set up shop. That's not gonna fly for most places
I was thinking the same. OSU is pretty large but I don't think they have more than 2-3 courts they could use (schottenstein and former arena..st. John's). sure, as you said, a ton of courts for students but not regulation. also a good point what to do if students are back with the NBA still playing their season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou concern isn't about the coronavirus so I doubt that will determine his decision one way or the other
I've asked and if answered apologies I missed it.....If the world was normal and we were in the conference finals or Finals when Floyd was killed, would they have stopped the season for that?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Bertans is the trivia answer to the first player to opt out

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your concerns were very valid.

I'm sure we can all agree that much is true.
His concerns were vaild IF they left the bubble. But seems they have no reason to leave the bubble and there are repercussions if they do.

Would be concerns if they left their bubble no matter where they were (yes, some more than others).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His concerns were vaild IF they left the bubble. But seems they have no reason to leave the bubble and there are repercussions if they do.

Would be concerns if they left their bubble no matter where they were (yes, some more than others).

They have to shoot the first person who leaves the bubble to send a message

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I wasn't in healthcare, I can honestly say I would not go to work.

I don't have any health issues. But, I have family members that do.

With that being said, the NBA is doing all they can to keep these guys safe.

I stayed in a Hotel on a floor designated for my Hospital.

It worked.

Ps. Masks are now required at all times in Scottsdale. They are having a rally Wednesday to protest it....lol

So, our trails on Camelback Mountain will be empty if you are up for the commute.
has that Monk on the Mountain moved yet?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, people were already there, ffs.

I think I'm gonna run over to Paradise Valley and " discover " a 10 million dollar mansion...lol
Make sure you go to the Ocean Club while there (I recommend the bone in ahi tuna).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masks are required around here now. Don't remember when it was made manditory. But I've been wearing a mask whenever I go to the grocery store (or anyplace else) for months now.

Wait there's a rally to protest the wearing of masks? :crazy: What's wrong with some people?
There are groups of people who ask where masks are required so they know where NOT to go. I always tell them the places I go require masks so they will be less crowded.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, none..... I can concede on that.

I haven't heard of a single athlete with more than light symptoms, if any at all.

But, your last sentence is overstated.

It's happening more and more.
Curious what is "more and more"? seems numbers still very low for those 30-35 and under (which most players are)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are groups of people who ask where masks are required so they know where NOT to go. I always tell them the places I go require masks so they will be less crowded.

Like I mentioned to mecca yesterday (or maybe it was two days ago, don't remember) just to be on the safe side when I have to go to a store I always wear a mask.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of the NBA, it's not a concern. And the overwhelming problems of Covid are for the elderly and compromised.
I could see coaches being concerned, but shouldn't be too tough for them to social distance in the bubble. No fans, so they could sit behind the players in the stands during games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, players with asthma shouldn't be worried?

What about those with the sickle cell trait, Krohns Disease?

Because , we have current players with all 3 issues.

You can't make blanket statements about it not being a concern.
Fair point...and those who are worried should stay away. Thought I read those with legit health concerns (underlying conditions) can still be paid?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he's right. But since everything is not known yet about this virus I'll remain cautiously optimistic we won't go through another lockdown.
agreed. and, no, not a knock on Fauci, but there's plenty of time for us to learn more and him to change his mind on this.