• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should probably move it to Nevada IMO. The number of cases in Nevada is extremely low.

445 new cases today in Nevada while Florida had over 4K. Nevada with just under 13K total cases while Florida is at over 93K. Not sure why Vegas was never seriously considered when you look at those numbers
@tlance called his shot again.

Looking like he was right, I was wrong.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your concerns were very valid.

I'm sure we can all agree that much is true.

His concerns are valid but again we are talking in terms of cases...so we could not test as we did early on and we'd all have the feel goods.

Russia is having a lot of cases...germany had a lot of cases....not a lot of deaths.

We've built this thing up to something it both is and isn't. It is a very contagious illness. It is not some death sentence for a healthy person. It's literally the same as a young healthy person getting the flu.

An older and or immunocompromised person...no...not the same. Kills at a much higher rate and way more hospitalizations. But goodness we can either move on or not...we have to

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think the majority of guys who are uncertain will end up playing.

I get the emotional response of not wanting to play what is ultimately a trivial game with what's going on...

But when you apply a little more logic to it, playing that trivial game could be the biggest platform they could ask for...especially with what's going on.
They have to see that this platform is almost perfect.

They won't have any competitors and people are STARVING for a distraction.

They can provide that and still represent the cause.

You think Nike and Gatorade gonna miss out on BLM, Kapernick, equality ads during every commercial break?

Win win.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His concerns are valid but again we are talking in terms of cases...so we could not test as we did early on and we'd all have the feel goods.

Russia is having a lot of cases...germany had a lot of cases....not a lot of deaths.

We've built this thing up to something it both is and isn't. It is a very contagious illness. It is not some death sentence for a healthy person. It's literally the same as a young healthy person getting the flu.

An older and or immunocompromised person...no...not the same. Kills at a much higher rate and way more hospitalizations. But goodness we can either move on or not...we have to

Pretty much my opinion as well about this. I don't think any single NBA player who got Covid had any symptoms, if I'm not mistaken.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not like the flu and the antigenic drift has already begun, so we can't say these players and family members aren't at risk.

We are still in the first wave and the virus has mutated. That's why we are seeing younger, seemingly healthy people die.

I don't know if you are paying attention. But, this virus is a very fluid situation. What they THINK they know has changed many, many times.

I was so bored in Hotel quarantine that I had my husband drop off my poodle to keep me company half way thru.

CDC, WHO, FDA all said animals couldn't get it.

Whoops....WRONG.

So, in situations like these, I'd rather be overly cautious.

With that being said, yes we need to move forward.

But, it's up to each individual to decide for themselves.

If a player decides to sit out over the virus, so be it.

I'd be disappointed. But, I'd understand.

I would not be so understanding if they sat out to protest.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like the flu and the antigenic drift has already begun, so we can't say these players and family members aren't at risk.

We are still in the first wave and the virus has mutated. That's why we are seeing younger, seemingly healthy people die.

I don't know if you are paying attention. But, this virus is a very fluid situation. What they THINK they know has changed many, many times.

I was so bored in Hotel quarantine that I had my husband drop off my poodle to keep me company half way thru.

CDC, WHO, FDA all said animals couldn't get it.

Whoops....WRONG.

So, in situations like these, I'd rather be overly cautious.

There are alotta place around me with great hiking trails. Problem is they're all overcrowded. The only thing that might be remotely safe would be going up to Rocky Mountain National park. You need a reservation. But I have no idea how many vehicles are allowed in at any given time. Not taking any chances. At least I can still walk around the neighborhood and go on a daily bike ride.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that isn’t fair.

Once we fix the problems of oppression in our country we can fix someone else’s.
No, LeBron is a hypocrite in this case.

He clearly put dollars before ethics.

This pretty much falls in line with my stance on the plight of Native Americans.

I didn't care about Columbus Day, Redskins etc because it didn't affect me.

That makes me a hypocrite as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much my opinion as well about this. I don't think any single NBA player who got Covid had any symptoms, if I'm not mistaken.

You are just flat guessing here. We don’t even know how many players have tested positive aside from the few that were reported. There are definitely positive tests that weren’t reported.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is true.

But it doesn’t matter at all for the sake of restarting the season.

Because they aren’t going to let a player who tests positive, asymptomatic or not, even exercise let alone be around other people. If a player tests positive he is out 2+ weeks whether he gets sick or not.

They have to make risks of infection as close to zero as possible, or Covid will have as much to say about our eventual champion as on court play will. Or, the season gets halted again in the face of enough positive tests. Nobody wants that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, LeBron is a hypocrite in this case.

He clearly put dollars before ethics.

This pretty much falls in line with my stance on the plight of Native Americans.

I didn't care about Columbus Day, Redskins etc because it didn't affect me.

That makes me a hypocrite as well.

Columbus Day is total bullshit. He didn't find anything. Mother fucker was lost.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are alotta place around me with great hiking trails. Problem is they're all overcrowded. The only thing that might be remotely safe would be going up to Rocky Mountain National park. You need a reservation. But I have no idea how many vehicles are allowed in at any given time. Not taking any chances. At least I can still walk around the neighborhood and go on a daily bike ride.
If I wasn't in healthcare, I can honestly say I would not go to work.

I don't have any health issues. But, I have family members that do.

With that being said, the NBA is doing all they can to keep these guys safe.

I stayed in a Hotel on a floor designated for my Hospital.

It worked.

Ps. Masks are now required at all times in Scottsdale. They are having a rally Wednesday to protest it....lol

So, our trails on Camelback Mountain will be empty if you are up for the commute.