• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these players are embarrassing

This is why some people, or a good segment take the stance of "just shut up and dribble". I've been negative of Lebron in the past (some of it butt hurt from leaving the Heat). But dude is actually a good person and is smart. He's not like a lot of his contemporaries who've made millions and splurged it on friends and later found himself broke; he found ways to hook his friend's up while building an empire.

But a vast majority of NBA players never had to go through struggles of being looked down upon by general society. A lot of people in their circles knew they would be a big thing and have gotten by on that. Again, a lot of these players are merely looking out for their brands and trying to gain followers. Even if it doesn't make sense. Lou Williams looks like an idiot, like Kyrie.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you guys been watching the MMA Events every weekend?

Just watched a couple of knockouts already on today's undercard.

Maybe the NBA should take a page from Dana's book.

Next month, they are starting FIGHT ISLAND in Abu Dhabi.

Not another soul within a 10 mile distance.

Yep. We're watching right now. Fight Island was genius.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a weed store on pretty much every street corner in Washington state.

And a burger joint conveniently next door to most of them.

lol

I remember when we had Girl Scouts selling their cookies outside collectives.

Girl Scouts of America shut that shit down quick.

I thought it was genius.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also....

It's clear the owners will use the Force Majeore clause in the CBA.

Players will lose a chunk of money this year and even more next.

They have to know this will lead to a lockout.

Could this be the real reason?

Easy for a guy like Kyrie to throw away a Season and a half.

He's younger and hurt anyway.

Lebron, Melo, CP3...shit Vince Carter...they are in the clock.

Check this scenario...

The clause states that every game lost to the “Force Majeure Period” would result in a salary reduction of “1/92.6th of the player’s Compensation for the Season(s).”

Yahoo Sports’ Henry Bushnell ran the numbers on Thursday, using Oklahoma City Thunder guard Chris Paul and his $38.5 million salary as an example. If the Thunder game against the Utah Jazz that was postponed on Wednesday is never played, Paul’s salary could be reduced to $38.1 million. If the rest of the season is canceled, his salary could be reduced to $28.7 million.

Paul’s salary lands on the high end of the player scale and would be reduced by $9.4 million.

The owners would use the force majeure clause to tear up the CBA and force a total renegotiation, doing so in the middle of a pandemic (the owners have until September to do that. The league will have lost billions in revenue, would be looking at losing more next season, and the owners would target a larger slice of the BRI pie. The players would have little leverage, and they could lose some of their guaranteed contract money for next season.

There almost certainly would be a lockout, with the billionaire owners able to wait out the millionaire players to get what they want (there are far more minimum-salary players in the NBA than there are guys making eight figures who can chill during a lockout). This would look a lot more like the 2011 NBA lockout, a situation where the players went into it getting 57% of the BRI and came out of it with a 50/50 split with owners. The players got crushed in that negotiation. It would happen again.

Most of the owners don't need the NBA money, this is a hobby to them. Players, in any league, often times come into negotiations at a handicap. Given Kyrie's stance and the fact he's led the charge, the public would have the least sympathy that can be had for millionaires.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing i hate about Lou Will tweet is that not every one protesting is a basketball/sports fan

Lou was a lot more articulate that Kyrie, though tbf, all of Kyrie's comments were from media reports. Still, though, he's misguided. For one, if you don't want to play until something is done about injustice...how long are you gonna wait? How many instances where stuff like this has come up and nothing has changed? Like all of them. So they sit this out and training camp for the new season starts in late Oct and still nothing has happened, what then? You not gonna play next season too?

Secondly, and more importantly, Lou and those who think like him are misguided in their logic. They think playing the game will be a distraction for people to look away. Except every one of those players has a microphone in front of them when they are playing. The games are their platform. Without playing, they don't have that platform. They can force it to where everyone that thinks the games will be a distraction can't look away. Every pregame warm up, wear a BLM t-shirt. Every post game interview, don't bother answering the questions but speak your piece on the issue you want out there. Lebron James last week started a voter rights group to help register people, especially black people, to vote and also inform the public about attempts at voter suppression. Does Lou or anyone else think that message wouldn't be helped by Lebron speaking about that after every game, especially as we draw closer to November?

The players can control the conversation. And unlike the NFL or other sports league, Silver's NBA has let them speak and doesn't shy away from letting them do so. But by not playing, they take themselves out of the conversation

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou was a lot more articulate that Kyrie, though tbf, all of Kyrie's comments were from media reports. Still, though, he's misguided. For one, if you don't want to play until something is done about injustice...how long are you gonna wait? How many instances where stuff like this has come up and nothing has changed? Like all of them. So they sit this out and training camp for the new season starts in late Oct and still nothing has happened, what then? You not gonna play next season too?

Secondly, and more importantly, Lou and those who think like him are misguided in their logic. They think playing the game will be a distraction for people to look away. Except every one of those players has a microphone in front of them when they are playing. The games are their platform. Without playing, they don't have that platform. They can force it to where everyone that thinks the games will be a distraction can't look away. Every pregame warm up, wear a BLM t-shirt. Every post game interview, don't bother answering the questions but speak your piece on the issue you want out there. Lebron James last week started a voter rights group to help register people, especially black people, to vote and also inform the public about attempts at voter suppression. Does Lou or anyone else think that message wouldn't be helped by Lebron speaking about that after every game, especially as we draw closer to November?

The players can control the conversation. And unlike the NFL or other sports league, Silver's NBA has let them speak and doesn't shy away from letting them do so. But by not playing, they take themselves out of the conversation

Yeah. The reform that is needed and that the players are seeking does not happen overnight. I wish it were that easy, but it is going to take an entire generation, IMO.

A lot of School systems are already trying to do their part with focus on eliminating the achievement gap (I really hate that term). Police reform is obviously needed too.

I am all for NBA players using their platform to continue to advocate for change, but refusing to play isn’t the best tact. Speak out, be present at public protests, organize an on court protest during the playoffs. All of these things would have greater impact for the movement IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Rivers had some great comments opposing Kyrie’s viewpoint.

If Kyrie feels like he can better serve the BLM movement by sitting out, then he should do that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windhorst just gave a bit of an update on ESPN.

He said that there appear to be 3 factions among the players.

He said there's the group led by Kyrie that is against coming back.

There's a 2nd faction of players who aren't yet sure what to do. So they're kind of watching and gathering info to try to figure out what's best.

The 3rd faction is the guys who want to play.

He said that his feeling is (he made sure to say it was his feeling, he hasn't taken a poll or anything) is that the 3rd faction is the largest faction and will likely win out.

He also said though, that Kyrie makes some solid points, so guys could change their minds.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't given any indication he doesn't want that, stop weaseling and just concede. Because 89% is all-time great level FT shooting and that ain't you son.
Not sure why you are so interested, but could you at least make rational comments on the matter?

I said the original bet was 100 shots so that is where it will remain. 89% 3s is pretty good, too...did you expect that level of 3s from Lance?

and, yes, I can hit 89%. Will I? we'll find out.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windhorst just gave a bit of an update on ESPN.

He said that there appear to be 3 factions among the players.

He said there's the group led by Kyrie that is against coming back.

There's a 2nd faction of players who aren't yet sure what to do. So they're kind of watching and gathering info to try to figure out what's best.

The 3rd faction is the guys who want to play.

He said that his feeling is (he made sure to say it was his feeling, he hasn't taken a poll or anything) is that the 3rd faction is the largest faction and will likely win out.

He also said though, that Kyrie makes some solid points, so guys could change their minds.

Tell Kyrie to go start his own league and not play

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is some funny shit.

A 68 year old paraglider was about 10 feet off the ground when he smacked into the side of a house in Lafayette, CO. yesterday.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably a good thing it's not open.

Everything is open here and the virus is running rampant.
well, the rec is open (just opened last week).....that is why a lot of the equipment that used to be in one area upstairs is now more spread out with a lot of the equipment in the gym area.

seems like a lot in my city agree with you as I heard they had a total of only 50-100 people who went there the entire 2 full days they opened last week, so seems like many are taking a wait and see approach.

As for my going back to work out there? Not ready yet. Gonna let others be the guinea pigs first.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, this doesn't work.

I said the Players Association is to blame for this debacle.

Which is clearly the truth since their elected officials are leading the call to ditch the season.

You for some unknown reason started rambling about you can't make everyone happy, which had jackshit to do with my question on why the Players Association allowed the NBA to publicly declare they are back if they didn't have the support of the masses.

The only person all over the place is you.

But, In your usual fashion, you go full on aspergers syndrome because reading comprehension and social interaction are clearly not your strong suit.
you said they are to blame, are not to blame and then are to blame. My "some will complain no matter what they decide" has been consistent and not directed at only your comments. Just a general comment I made in response to someone. Might have been you, but don't recall. thought I first made it in response to something trojan wrote.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually prefer watching you flee the thread when someone owns you, which is daily, and waiting for you to respond 12 hours later when you think everyone is gone.

That's #6 in your playbook.

Be better.

You don't have to makeup outright lies and try to rearrange the truth to win meaningless arguments.

That's clown shit and you clearly enjoy the rainbow wig, red nose and floppy shoes.
Idea you think I come and go based on the conversation is even more comedy. Ironic you'd go with an "outright lie" here. That would be as absurd as thinking you made up having to go to work for so long because you were getting smacked around here. and I do not believe this.

you - "it's the players....it's not the players....it's the players"

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My oldest owns the entire family from the charity stripe.

She can't dribble, has only tried once or twice.

But, she is a Fucking SNIPER shooting freebies.

How?!?!!
practice and muscle memory?

don't know his full story but there is some old guy who might be 80+ by now whose name escapes be (maybe Buzz something) who I think was or is still known as one of the best FT shooters around. could make hundreds (maybe thousands?) in a row. I think Mark Price used to use him as a personal coach at one time......but I'm going by memory.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty good at cornhole when i'm not completely drunk during BBQs...
I used to think I was OK until I watched it on ESPN for 10-15 minutes.

I mean, maybe I am compared to most but those guys/girls are unreal.