• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean surely the players' message would be stronger on a basketball court rather than sitting on their asses at home tweeting about it?

What the hell?
Exactly.

I brought up the last dance earlier.

Could you imagine the number of people they could reach disseminating their message during that 10 parter?

This is common sense.

So, makes me wonder what's the REAL reason they don't want to play?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might just have a natural shot.
Have you guys been watching the MMA Events every weekend?

Just watched a couple of knockouts already on today's undercard.

Maybe the NBA should take a page from Dana's book.

Next month, they are starting FIGHT ISLAND in Abu Dhabi.

Not another soul within a 10 mile distance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, makes me wonder what's the REAL reason they don't want to play?

The only reason I can think of is that they've gotten too comfortable sitting around doing nothing.

Still collecting a paycheck while staying at home, ordering Uber-Eats and playing videogames?

Works out great for guys like Kyrie who can afford to take a minor pay cut with millions still in the bank to fall back on. A guy that's 14th on the roster not so much.

Plus there's a lot of guys out there that know they don't stand a chance in hell to win the title with teams like the Bucks, Lakers or Clippers in the way. So they're probably thinking why bother?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I can think of is that they've gotten too comfortable sitting around doing nothing.

Still collecting a paycheck while staying at home, ordering Uber-Eats and playing videogames?

Works out great for guys like Kyrie who can afford to take a minor pay cut with millions still in the bank to fall back on. A guy that's 14th on the roster not so much.

Plus there's a lot of guys out there that know they don't stand a chance in hell to win the title with teams like the Bucks, Lakers or Clippers in the way. So they're probably thinking why bother?
Also....

It's clear the owners will use the Force Majeore clause in the CBA.

Players will lose a chunk of money this year and even more next.

They have to know this will lead to a lockout.

Could this be the real reason?

Easy for a guy like Kyrie to throw away a Season and a half.

He's younger and hurt anyway.

Lebron, Melo, CP3...shit Vince Carter...they are in the clock.

Check this scenario...

The clause states that every game lost to the “Force Majeure Period” would result in a salary reduction of “1/92.6th of the player’s Compensation for the Season(s).”

Yahoo Sports’ Henry Bushnell ran the numbers on Thursday, using Oklahoma City Thunder guard Chris Paul and his $38.5 million salary as an example. If the Thunder game against the Utah Jazz that was postponed on Wednesday is never played, Paul’s salary could be reduced to $38.1 million. If the rest of the season is canceled, his salary could be reduced to $28.7 million.

Paul’s salary lands on the high end of the player scale and would be reduced by $9.4 million.

The owners would use the force majeure clause to tear up the CBA and force a total renegotiation, doing so in the middle of a pandemic (the owners have until September to do that. The league will have lost billions in revenue, would be looking at losing more next season, and the owners would target a larger slice of the BRI pie. The players would have little leverage, and they could lose some of their guaranteed contract money for next season.

There almost certainly would be a lockout, with the billionaire owners able to wait out the millionaire players to get what they want (there are far more minimum-salary players in the NBA than there are guys making eight figures who can chill during a lockout). This would look a lot more like the 2011 NBA lockout, a situation where the players went into it getting 57% of the BRI and came out of it with a 50/50 split with owners. The players got crushed in that negotiation. It would happen again.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my biggest issues with the restrictions is it might prevent recreational marijuana from making the ballot due to lack of signatures.

A brownie would be good.
Ballot or no, is it hard to find cannabis where you are?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also....

It's clear the owners will use the Force Majeore clause in the CBA.

Players will lose a chunk of money this year and even more next.

They have to know this will lead to a lockout.

Could this be the real reason?

Easy for a guy like Kyrie to throw away a Season and a half.

He's younger and hurt anyway.

Lebron, Melo, CP3...shit Vince Carter...they are in the clock.

Check this scenario...

The clause states that every game lost to the “Force Majeure Period” would result in a salary reduction of “1/92.6th of the player’s Compensation for the Season(s).”

Yahoo Sports’ Henry Bushnell ran the numbers on Thursday, using Oklahoma City Thunder guard Chris Paul and his $38.5 million salary as an example. If the Thunder game against the Utah Jazz that was postponed on Wednesday is never played, Paul’s salary could be reduced to $38.1 million. If the rest of the season is canceled, his salary could be reduced to $28.7 million.

Paul’s salary lands on the high end of the player scale and would be reduced by $9.4 million.

The owners would use the force majeure clause to tear up the CBA and force a total renegotiation, doing so in the middle of a pandemic (the owners have until September to do that. The league will have lost billions in revenue, would be looking at losing more next season, and the owners would target a larger slice of the BRI pie. The players would have little leverage, and they could lose some of their guaranteed contract money for next season.

There almost certainly would be a lockout, with the billionaire owners able to wait out the millionaire players to get what they want (there are far more minimum-salary players in the NBA than there are guys making eight figures who can chill during a lockout). This would look a lot more like the 2011 NBA lockout, a situation where the players went into it getting 57% of the BRI and came out of it with a 50/50 split with owners. The players got crushed in that negotiation. It would happen again.

200.gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballot or no, is it hard to find cannabis where you are?
Uh, no.

But, I don't partake because of work.

Those in my family that partake, don't buy it from...uh... " Street vendors".

Weve had a few problems in Arizona with primos and people lacing shit with fentanyl.

These fucks out here were putting fentanyl on money, leaving it on the ground, and laughing when people were falling out after picking it up.

My peeps just get it from a relative with a Medical card.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a weed store on pretty much every street corner in Washington state.

And a burger joint conveniently next door to most of them.
Here too.

But, you have to have a card.

Those are easy to get.

But, here's the problem.

In Arizona, you can't have a gun permit and a weed card.

You know they aren't giving up their guns...lol

So, we...they....have to wait until the recreational law is passed.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here too.

Those are easy to get.

But, here's the problem.

Just gotta be over 21 over here.

We don't smoke either but when we first moved over here I bought some weed purely for the hell of it. Not much, only about $20 worth, but at least we can say we legally bought marijuana.

We probably still have the stuff hidden in the bedroom somewhere.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here too.

Those are easy to get.

But, here's the problem.

Oh we solved that in OK, now we have no permit carry. I don’t partake, but it’s the Wild West here

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, maybe so considering how much KD got roasted for joining a title team instead of leading his own.

I'm not disagreeing with you on him being roasted. But joining Kyrie? He could've done better.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD is hard man to figure out. Very interesting person.

Such a great player. But it is becoming increasingly clear that he needs to be led. Maybe I was too harsh on Russ for blaming him for most of the OKC issues. If KD were stronger mentally and as a leader, maybe Russ steps in line behind him.

Yeah....I think someone needs to rein in Russ who's never had that person in his career to do it. But KD is definitely not a leader. If KD had an ounce of leadership, maybe Russ falls in line and they win a title or two.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. He's still my favorite player to watch play for someone else and I still don't have an issue with KD going to the Warriors.

But it sure looks like KD leaving is a lot less on Russ.

Yeah, those that backed KD at the time (I was guilty of this) are starting to eat crow.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing with you on him being roasted. But joining Kyrie? He could've done better.
Sure, but the question was about why he should have stayed. Of course I think so, but considering the roasting, it makes sense why he left.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing i hate about Lou Will tweet is that not every one protesting is a basketball/sports fan

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not seen a single report.

Towns' Mom and Patrick Ewing are the only people with direct ties to the modern Day NBA that I have heard of getting sick.

Obviously, both were/are older.

Again: If this was the reason for not playing, I wouldn't like it. But, I could understand it.

But, it's a moot point.

Because, they claim it's for Social Justice.

Like, did these tickets not witness the ratings for the last dance?

MJ is the GOAT and is still immensely popular.

But, ratings were inflated because it was the only show in town.

They can put BLM all over the court, on jerseys, warm-up shirts and billions would see it.

So, this stance makes ZERO sense.

Some players look out for their own individual status and brands. They'll be quick to remind everyone that they were behind this movement and make mention of it later on. You just pointed out why it would serve in their best interest as well as the movement that's ongoing right now. Some people are just so focused on being "outraged", that a real plausible solution is staring them right in the face.