• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't see it
Don't see anyone dying either

Not surprising.

You have also drastically underestimated the threat of the virus every single step of the way.

At least you are consistent!

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not the one making that decision.

Think for a second about who Adam Silver is and what he stands for. If he thinks for 1 second that restarting the NBA season is putting even 1 person’s life at risk, waiver or no, he is cancelling the season.

You can take that to the bank.

That's a different conversation. I'm simply saying I disagree. I also think it's a tremendous waste of resources to use that many tests.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a different conversation. I'm simply saying I disagree. I also think it's a tremendous waste of resources to use that many tests.

I don’t necessarily disagree that it is a waste.

But if they are having the “bubble” in a city like Orlando where players are really not going to be quarantined, the only way we are going to be able to make sure players don’t have the virus is by testing them.

So either move the bubble to a less commercial city that hasn’t had Covid issues, or test everybody everyday.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But if they are having the “bubble” in a city like Orlando where players are really not going to be quarantined, the only way we are going to be able to make sure players don’t have the virus is by testing them.

So either move the bubble to a less commercial city that hasn’t had Covid issues, or test everybody everyday.

I'd approach it differently with the bubble also

I appreciate we don't want to make it seem like prison or something but yes putting it in orlando makes zero sense if we just allow for free movement. I can totally see why Vegas was ruled out now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd approach it differently with the bubble also

I appreciate we don't want to make it seem like prison or something but yes putting it in orlando makes zero sense if we just allow for free movement. I can totally see why Vegas was ruled out now.

Orlando really isn’t much better. Way too commercial.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising.

You have also drastically underestimated the threat of the virus every single step of the way.

LOL whatever man. This thing isn't as dangerous to healthy people as you think. And that's science.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no doubt they need to test everyone every day

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not anymore, plenty of tests available now

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL whatever man. This thing isn't as dangerous to healthy people as you think. And that's science.

I have never said this virus is dangerous to healthy people.

You continue to hyper focus on that and you are missing the overall picture.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's ironic because I think it's you doing that. But again, whatever. It will be what it will be.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't see it
Don't see anyone dying either
I agree with you in the sense I don't think anything would happen to force the season to stop again...but it's certainly not a crazy possibility.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not the one making that decision.

Think for a second about who Adam Silver is and what he stands for. If he thinks for 1 second that restarting the NBA season is putting even 1 person’s life at risk, waiver or no, he is cancelling the season.

You can take that to the bank.
Unless I'm reading your comments wrong, my question to you is why do you seem to think it's more than a remote chance something happens to cause the season to stop again?

agree with you saying no chance is extreme.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising.

I mean, in many cases he (and other who share this opinion) were right.

In Ohio, for instance, even Dr. Doom finally pointed out 70% of deaths have been in nursing homes. while that should not have been allowed to happen, it certainly means the general public was/is at less risk than some want us to believe.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe I read it wrong, but seems like they are quarantined from others outside the NBA people who are there, correct?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are quite a few coaches who fall into higher risk categories. And it is plainly obviously that Adam Silver is not going to take any chances with this.

If only the technology existed to allow coaches to have input during a game without having to be on the sidelines. I don't know, like some kind of device that one could keep in their pocket, be able to connect to that coach and give and receive input in real time.

Or, if there were just some kind of facial covering that a coach could wear and/or if maybe there was a way to have a seat in the empty arena for that coach that is at least 6' away from everyone else.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, in many cases he (and other who share this opinion) were right.

In Ohio, for instance, even Dr. Doom finally pointed out 70% of deaths have been in nursing homes. while that should not have been allowed to happen, it certainly means the general public was/is at less risk than some want us to believe.

Yeah, if memory serves, I saw a stat that showed that, nationwide, something like 80% of deaths were in nursing homes. Of that 20% that weren't, the overwhelming majority had other underlying health issues.

In fact, I believe the death rate among healthy people was actually lower than the flu we deal with every year. To be fair though, that may be, at least on some level, due to the lockdown.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You continuing to hyper focus on the other side, also misses the overall picture.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you in the sense I don't think anything would happen to force the season to stop again...but it's certainly not a crazy possibility.
Oh sure it's possible but I was pushing back against the "recipe for disaster" narrative.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if memory serves, I saw a stat that showed that, nationwide, something like 80% of deaths were in nursing homes. Of that 20% that weren't, the overwhelming majority had other underlying health issues.

In fact, I believe the death rate among healthy people was actually lower than the flu we deal with every year. To be fair though, that may be, at least on some level, due to the lockdown.
While I have seen the flu kills roughly 40-60k per year I cannot say I've ever seen anything that broke down the deaths by age, whether it killed those with underlying conditions, etc.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I read it wrong, but seems like they are quarantined from others outside the NBA people who are there, correct?

My understanding is that yes, they will be quarantined except among the folks "in the bubble". I don't think they'll be venturing out into the city. But don't know that for sure. I'm sure that at least they'll try to limit that as much as possible.

Apparently, they aren't even allowing families in until after the first round in order to keep the number of people there as low as possible.