• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for hoops to hoop it up....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are having one on-site location to play and for players, coaches, families to reside. But, they aren't restricting the movements of the players, coaches, family, hotel workers, maids, Disney Employees etc.

Obviously, you can't treat people like hostages. But, what are the odds that everyone comes out unscathed?

In many ways, no matter who wins they are getting an asterisk. But, it's going to suck if a team like....the Suns win because Kawhi, Giannis, Lebron,Tatum couldn't play because they gave each other the virus that one of them got from the maid.

....or maybe for some it will make it more interesting.

Outside of completely living in a bubble for 2 months, there is no way to prevent possibly contracting it, I know.

I also know none of those folks will volunteer to do so.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone find it funny that KD refuses to play for the Nets this season but was planning on playing for team USA in the Olympics which would have started right around the time the nba season is back

Not really. The upcoming games could be his last chance at playing in the Olympics. He's 31 right now and will be in his mid-30s next time they come around. He could play at that age, but a lot can happen in 4 years.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Bruce Lee 30 for 30.....powerful.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are having one on-site location to play and for players, coaches, families to reside. But, they aren't restricting the movements of the players, coaches, family, hotel workers, maids, Disney Employees etc.

Obviously, you can't treat people like hostages. But, what are the odds that everyone comes out unscathed?

In many ways, no matter who wins they are getting an asterisk. But, it's going to suck if a team like....the Suns win because Kawhi, Giannis, Lebron,Tatum couldn't play because they gave each other the virus that one of them got from the maid.

Outside of completely living in a bubble for 2 months, there is no way to prevent possibly contracting it, I know.

I think there's no doubt some of that group are going to get infected. But I would be extremely surprised if any infections resulted in serious consequences.

I just don't see any disaster type scenarios as probable

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

They will just quarantine that player.

Everyone will get tested every day.

So, if the others are negative, they play.

It just seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

Doesn't make sense to test daily to me

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise.

More testing equals more positives.

But, I think They should sequester everyone.

Hotel staff, players, coaches, family .....EVERYONE ...

Or what's the point?

Once your test comes back clean, go in a bubble until you are eliminated.

Because, it's gonna suck for teams to lose a top guy because the wait staff wants to go clubbing the night before a big game.

Honestly, they are foolish for choosing Orlando.

Go take over a midwestern college town or something where the virus isn’t much of a threat.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's no doubt some of that group are going to get infected. But I would be extremely surprised if any infections resulted in serious consequences.

I just don't see any disaster type scenarios as probable

You keep saying this.

What are serious consequences in your mind? A player dying?

None of the players are going to die.

But a 70 year old coach?

Like Mecca said, what if a superstar tests positive and his team gets eliminated because of it. That is a serious consequence to me.

Or like I said last week. This season is not a foregone conclusion. If a rash of players get infected when they resume play, don’t think for a second that Silver won’t call it.

I don’t know how many infections that will take, surely more than 1 or 2. But say 10 players get infected the first week. That could be season over.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should be noted that families aren't allowed until the 2nd round of playoffs

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying this.

But a 70 year old coach?

Like Mecca said, what if a superstar tests positive and his team gets eliminated because of it. That is a serious consequence to me.

Or like I said last week. This season is not a foregone conclusion. If a rash of players get infected when they resume play, don’t think for a second that Silver won’t call it.

I don’t know how many infections that will take, surely more than 1 or 2. But say 10 players get infected the first week. That could be season over.

And that's why it's stupid they are testing daily. This disease is literally no more deadly for athletes in their shape and age than the flu. It just isn't. And like it's been pointed out before it's actually less deadly for kids.

Why are we doing summersaults over this thing now that we have evidence of what it does? No other industry is testing flipping daily and they will have significantly more interaction with the public than the NBA players provided the nba players stay in their little mini quarantine

I honestly hope they're bullshitting us and they're not testing like that.

The disease sucks. For the immunocompromised folks. That's it. We're making everyone else radically change their lives so they can go about theirs virtually the same

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the testing daily thing. It is easier to track who the player been in contact with had he just tested negative the previous day. If you're testing once or twice a week then the disaster scenario @tlance keeps bringing up is more likely to happen. I think testing daily damn near guarantees the season will be completed

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the testing daily thing. It is easier to track who the player been in contact with had he just tested negative the previous day. If you're testing once or twice a week then the disaster scenario @tlance keeps bringing up is more likely to happen. I think testing daily damn near guarantees the season will be completed

I am not sure it guarantees completion.

But if they aren’t testing frequently AND players are being exposed to people who aren’t being tested frequently my disaster scenario becomes a lot more likely.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's why it's stupid they are testing daily. This disease is literally no more deadly for athletes in their shape and age than the flu. It just isn't. And like it's been pointed out before it's actually less deadly for kids.

Why are we doing summersaults over this thing now that we have evidence of what it does? No other industry is testing flipping daily and they will have significantly more interaction with the public than the NBA players provided the nba players stay in their little mini quarantine

I honestly hope they're bullshitting us and they're not testing like that.

The disease sucks. For the immunocompromised folks. That's it. We're making everyone else radically change their lives so they can go about theirs virtually the same

You aren’t getting it.

If they don’t take precautions and a bunch of players get the virus the season is over. The precautions aren’t needed as much for the safety of the player himself, but the people around him.

There are quite a few coaches who fall into higher risk categories. And it is plainly obviously that Adam Silver is not going to take any chances with this.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, they are foolish for choosing Orlando.

Go take over a midwestern college town or something where the virus isn’t much of a threat.

Disney has the facilities, lodging , and of course the affiliation with ABC, ESPN, etc..

Along with all of that, comes higher risk to exposure.

I understand the mindset to finish the season, but in reality it is an experiment that can go either way.

IF, it goes the wrong way, how do they move forward with next season?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren’t getting it.

If they don’t take precautions and a bunch of players get the virus the season is over. The precautions aren’t needed as much for the safety of the player himself, but the people around him.

There are quite a few coaches who fall into higher risk categories. And it is plainly obviously that Adam Silver is not going to take any chances with this.

Yep. The virus isnt gone and there's no virus. Still need to take all the precautions. Only slowed down because we started doing what was necessary

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how they're doing it in Germany but their league has gone on without issue and those teams are still traveling to the different stadiums. I think the NBA will be fine. I'm sure they considered every single scenario. It isn't like the players will be around random people in Disney world and as i said before, families aren't allowee until 2nd round

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren’t getting it.

So again we are threatening an entire industry for the handful of coaches that fall in high risk? How about rather than make such drastic measures tell them "hey this is the risk with your age and condition and here's a waiver we need you to sign " make your choices from there.

This is the issue I'm having with continuing to behave around the virus in this fashion.

I'd never be so self involved that I would expect several thousand people's livelihoods to depend on me being able to act exactly as they are despite me being significantly more at risk.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @trojanfan12 , I know how you feel about Super Hero stuff...

tenor.gif

But, I just binged the Amazon series the Boys and it's pretty good, not kid friendly.....AT ALL.

But, I can't believe that it took me to the 2nd to last episode to realize the Lead scumbag Hero is Anthony Starr, the fake Lucas Hood from Banshee.

Dude's a really good actor, and again, a total SCUMBAG of a suoerhero.

Season 2 can't get here quick enough.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying this.

But a 70 year old coach?

Just don't see it
Don't see anyone dying either

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again we are threatening an entire industry for the handful of coaches that fall in high risk? How about rather than make such drastic measures tell them "hey this is the risk with your age and condition and here's a waiver we need you to sign " make your choices from there.

This is the issue I'm having with continuing to behave around the virus in this fashion.

I'd never be so self involved that I would expect several thousand people's livelihoods to depend on me being able to act exactly as they are despite me being significantly more at risk.

I am not the one making that decision.

Think for a second about who Adam Silver is and what he stands for. If he thinks for 1 second that restarting the NBA season is putting even 1 person’s life at risk, waiver or no, he is cancelling the season.

You can take that to the bank.