• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue here is you have to think about others. Not wearing a mask means there's a higher chance of you catching the virus (especially when you're around others not wearing a mask as well). Of course you may be asymptomatic which means now you can unknowingly pass it on to others who are at higher risk for example

They're not going to pass the virus to people who are taking measures to protect themselves.

The people in those pictures have made the choice to be there and take that risk. Anyone who was invited and didn't want to take that risk likely didn't show up or left.

We're past the point of everyone staying in. Now we're at the point of people deciding for themselves what level of risk they are willing to take.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say zero risk?

You need to stop wetting your pants every time I point out when risk is minimal. Which is is outside. And if you are young and healthy.

I guess we'll see if we have a big surge in the future. I don't think we will (but of course have no way to be sure).

You said

“Almost zero risk”

Your words.

What is going on in those pictures isn’t almost zero risk.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said

“Almost zero risk”

Your words.

What is going on in those pictures isn’t almost zero risk.

And then you said "zero risk"

I'll amend to very low risk. Lower than many other regular daily activities like driving.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then you said "zero risk"

I'll amend to very low risk. Lower than many other regular daily activities like driving.

Maybe.

But still incredibly selfish for people with low risk to act carelessly. Because if they catch it and spread it, there could be dire consequences for others.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

But still incredibly selfish for people with low risk to act carelessly. Because if they catch it and spread it, there could be dire consequences for others.

Just wear a mask if you can't stay 6 ft apart when outside. Pretty simple

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the disease is also less prevalent as each week goes by, and the warmer weather hinders transmission, and being outside is generally safe.

Yes there will be dummies, but I am not worried about the big picture here.
This.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

The thing is, the people out there as we start to open up are the low risk people. The high risk people by now are making sure they are staying safe. If any of the people you see in those pictures knows high risk people, they are surely not going near them.

There's not much point in going back and forth. Our positions are clear, you are more worried about the risks than I am. I see the virus declining, and IMO it will continue to. People need to be smart, and some idiots will not be. Even with the idiots, the virus will continue to decline IMO.

FWIW, only 619 deaths today, lowest since late March.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, only 619 deaths today, lowest since late March.

It is a Sunday on a holiday weekend. That number means nothing to me. The weekend numbers been much lower compared to the week numbers for weeks now. I usually don't look into the numbers after the Friday numbers are announced on Saturday. Tuesday-Saturday numbers tell us whatever we need to know and this week that'll be Wed-Sat due to the long weekend. No way only a combined total of 17 people died from the virus in Georgia, Texas and Florida

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, for indoors. Masks are mainly about protecting others from you if you are sick but don't know it. And indoors is where most infection occurs. Outside there's almost zero risk if you are properly distanced, even without masks.
Did they look properly distanced?

So, his point kinda stands for this particular video.

Look, you can't force people to give a shit about your health when they don't even care about their own.

So, instead of complaining about the moronic shit people are doing and letting it drive me crazy, I stay my ass in the house.

That's really all we can do at this point.

Control what you can and that's your own household.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a Sunday on a holiday weekend. That number means nothing to me. The weekend numbers been much lower compared to the week numbers for weeks now. I usually don't look into the numbers after the Friday numbers are announced on Saturday. Tuesday-Saturday numbers tell us whatever we need to know and this week that'll be Wed-Sat due to the long weekend. No way only a combined total of 17 people died from the virus in Georgia, Texas and Florida
Look at the trend, every weekend lower than the last

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The important thing is the increase from Saturday to the first normal day of the week.

2 weeks ago it was over 1K while last weekend it was about 700.

Let's see the increase from today until end of day on Wednesday

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to continue wearing a mask in public. I think the people that refuse to wear a mask in public are goofy. Plus according to the county right now you're required to wear a mask in public. But I see people all the time not wearing one. Grocery stores, walmarts, home depots. Even though it's required some around here still don't give a fuck. What's that about?

The grocery stores around here all employees wear masks & gloves. Not sure about the walmarts. Can't remember the last time I was in that store.

Tomorrow new guidelines for restaurants & other places to reopen will be told to the public.

The gloves are actually more dangerous for the customers. They are meant to be single use.