• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nascar today and soccer......our betting cup runneth over!!!!

Did see the EPL had two test positive out of 1014 tests. (Which is a really good rate)...will be interesting to see how they handle it

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they haven't. The state says stay at least 3 feet away from people if possible.

This is the way I see that.

Those folks all decided that the risk level was acceptable to them. So I don't really see a problem.

Things are starting to open up, but they aren't opening the same from county to county, city to city or even business to business.

Here, malls and sit down restaurants are allowed to open back up and so are parks, lakes, etc. They're all doing it a little differently.

In the last 2 days, I've been to Home Depot, 1 grocery store, Wal-Mart and a little taco shop that has sit down service.

Home Depot was still making people wear masks, the employees were all wearing masks and they were still limiting the number of people in the store.

The taco shop was still doing pickup only and the employees were all wearing masks. I was there for a breakfast burrito and they had just opened for the day, so there were no other customers. I wore my mask out of respect for them wearing theirs, so I have no idea if I would have been asked to wear it if I didn't.

Wal-Mart had signs up recommending wearing a mask, the employees were wearing masks, probably 80-85% of the customers were wearing masks, but they didn't appear to be limiting the number of people in the store.

At the grocery store, no employees were wearing masks, almost every customer either wasn't wearing a mask or had their masks pulled down.

Imo, people just need to decide what level of risk they are willing to accept and then go to the places that best fit that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the way I see that.

Those folks all decided that the risk level was acceptable to them. So I don't really see a problem.

Things are starting to open up, but they aren't opening the same from county to county, city to city or even business to business.

Here, malls and sit down restaurants are allowed to open back up and so are parks, lakes, etc. They're all doing it a little differently.

In the last 2 days, I've been to Home Depot, 1 grocery store, Wal-Mart and a little taco shop that has sit down service.

Home Depot was still making people wear masks, the employees were all wearing masks and they were still limiting the number of people in the store.

The taco shop was still doing pickup only and the employees were all wearing masks. I was there for a breakfast burrito and they had just opened for the day, so there were no other customers. I wore my mask out of respect for them wearing theirs, so I have no idea if I would have been asked to wear it if I didn't.

Wal-Mart had signs up recommending wearing a mask, the employees were wearing masks, probably 80-85% of the customers were wearing masks, but they didn't appear to be limiting the number of people in the store.

At the grocery store, no employees were wearing masks, almost every customer either wasn't wearing a mask or had their masks pulled down.

Imo, people just need to decide what level of risk they are willing to accept and then go to the places that best fit that.

I'm going to continue wearing a mask in public. I think the people that refuse to wear a mask in public are goofy. Plus according to the county right now you're required to wear a mask in public. But I see people all the time not wearing one. Grocery stores, walmarts, home depots. Even though it's required some around here still don't give a fuck. What's that about?

The grocery stores around here all employees wear masks & gloves. Not sure about the walmarts. Can't remember the last time I was in that store.

Tomorrow new guidelines for restaurants & other places to reopen will be told to the public.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to continue wearing a mask in public. I think the people that refuse to wear a mask in public are goofy. Plus according to the county right now you're required to wear a mask in public. But I see people all the time not wearing one. Grocery stores, walmarts, home depots. Even though it's required some around here still don't give a fuck. What's that about?

The grocery stores around here all employees wear masks & gloves. Not sure about the walmarts. Can't remember the last time I was in that store.

Tomorrow new guidelines for restaurants & other places to reopen will be told to the public.

I am too. I'm not worried about myself. If I were to get it, it's unlikely I'd even have a symptom.

But, as I've shared, I have 4 people who are close to me that are all in the vulnerable group and I wouldn't want to be responsible for giving it to one of them.

If wearing masks is mandated, then yeah, folks need to be wearing them. But, if it's "recommended" like it is here, then folks just need to do what they're comfortable with and respect the wishes of businesses that still want them to wear masks.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking reckless...

My biggest problem with all these videos from this weekend is people not wearing mask. I'm ok if you want to go out and have a good time if those states that are open but the least you can do is wear a mask

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wear mine too, but i look like i'm about to rob a liquor store...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest problem with all these videos from this weekend is people not wearing mask. I'm ok if you want to go out and have a good time if those states that are open but the least you can do is wear a mask

2 questions:

What if the area they are living in doesn't require them?

Aren't they all making the choice to accept the risk of being where they are?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this, for indoors. Masks are mainly about protecting others from you if you are sick but don't know it. And indoors is where most infection occurs. Outside there's almost zero risk if you are properly distanced, even without masks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, for indoors. Masks are mainly about protecting others from you if you are sick but don't know it. And indoors is where most infection occurs. Outside there's almost zero risk if you are properly distanced, even without masks.

You need to stop with the zero risk.

Do these people look properly distanced?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These people are pretty clearly not properly distanced

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to stop with the zero risk.

Do these people look properly distanced?

Did I say zero risk?

You need to stop wetting your pants every time I point out when risk is minimal. Which is is outside. And if you are young and healthy.

I guess we'll see if we have a big surge in the future. I don't think we will (but of course have no way to be sure).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 questions:

What if the area they are living in doesn't require them?

Aren't they all making the choice to accept the risk of being where they are?

Mask isn't required anywhere when outside. It is just recommended to protect you and others. Even here in NYC/NJ, it is basically only mandatory on public transportation or when in restaurants or any store for that matter. Outside of that both governors just recommended you wear a mask when you can't stay 6 feet away from others

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mask isn't required anywhere when outside. It is just recommended to protect you and others. Even here in NYC/NJ, it is basically only mandatory on public transportation or when in restaurants or any store for that matter. Outside of that both governors just recommended you wear a mask when you can't stay 6 feet away from others

Yep. And we should stop hyperventilating with every picture of some folks not doing it right. The vast majority of the country is doing it right, and it shows in the declining death numbers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And we should stop hyperventilating with every picture of some folks not doing it right. The vast majority of the country is doing it right, and it shows in the declining death numbers.

Problem is this is going to be more common with the weather getting better. This is the 4th picture/video I saw this weekend where a large group of people are on top of each other with mask not being worn by anyone

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is this is going to be more common with the weather getting better. This is the 4th picture/video I saw this weekend where a large group of people are on top of each other with mask not being worn by anyone

But the disease is also less prevalent as each week goes by, and the warmer weather hinders transmission, and being outside is generally safe.

Yes there will be dummies, but I am not worried about the big picture here.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then I don't see an issue with what those people are doing. They've accepted the risk.

I don't know what the picture you put up is of, but it looks like a neighborhood Memorial Day party, so my guess is that most, if not all of those folks, know each other.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I don't see an issue with what those people are doing.

The issue here is you have to think about others. Not wearing a mask means there's a higher chance of you catching the virus (especially when you're around others not wearing a mask as well). Of course you may be asymptomatic which means now you can unknowingly pass it on to others who are at higher risk for example