• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019/2020 OFF SEASON THREAD

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They even have the correct Seagar too

To be fair, Kyle said his brother was better and the Mariners didn’t listen. Jesus how good would the IF he had they done what conventional wisdom said and have/had (f they resigned) Rendon at 3B and the Seager’s at SS and 2B. Seagers numbers are great for a 2B, not a 3B.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still utterly scared to death the Mariners will end up trading the wrong ones. They have so much OF depth that they have to hit on the 3 they keep.

Well they're a ways off until that happens, and to be fair Im sure one of the trade will go on and have a monster of a career it always happens.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the M's can keep their amazing streak of not making the playoffs alive. It really is quite a record to behold. Looking at the tentative roster so far, I don't think we'll have to sweat it.

I think..it is..more important to get the machine running
Properly..than to win..the race..
Right now

Then..
When the machine..is running
Properly..you can go..try..to win the race..

Welcome to..the machine ( pink floyd )

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they're a ways off until that happens, and to be fair Im sure one of the trade will go on and have a monster of a career it always happens.

Well there is the fear. They got 7 guys right now and they have to deal 4. I am just hoping they trade the right 4 guys instead of giving away 1 or 2 all stars like they always do. It’s rare that I say there are untouchables but to me Kelenic and Julio are untouchables. The other one is where the question is, but Jerry is addicted to trades so chances are they will never have those two in the OF at the same time even though IMO both are ready to at a minimum break camp and be sent to AAA even though I’d like to see them open the season with the Mariners next year (meaning Haniger or Lewis has to be dealt for pitching)

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is the fear. They got 7 guys right now and they have to deal 4. I am just hoping they trade the right 4 guys instead of giving away 1 or 2 all stars like they always do. It’s rare that I say there are untouchables but to me Kelenic and Julio are untouchables. The other one is where the question is, but Jerry is addicted to trades so chances are they will never have those two in the OF at the same time even though IMO both are ready to at a minimum break camp and be sent to AAA even though I’d like to see them open the season with the Mariners next year (meaning Haniger or Lewis has to be dealt for pitching)

I agree it's Haniger and Lewis that are used for trading for pitching stock. Again both will likely end up as all stars with someone else but their track records for injuries will offset the pain for trading them away, but at the end of the day most likely hood the starting outfield of good studs for us will be Kelenic, J Rod and Fraley roaming the grass at Safeco.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Shed Long could be also one of those traded guys since you could easily move Crawford over to 2nd or 3rd base when Marte is good and ready to move up. I would love Marte to be polished at the plate by the time he comes up but if his defense is that good there is no sense not using that tool when its ready to win you some extra games cause of his glove

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's Haniger and Lewis that are used for trading for pitching stock. Again both will likely end up as all stars with someone else but their track records for injuries will offset the pain for trading them away, but at the end of the day most likely hood the starting outfield of good studs for us will be Kelenic, J Rod and Fraley roaming the grass at Safeco.

That is a solid scenario but outside of Vogelbach this year out of necessity Jerry’s numbers guys are willing to start lefties. For organizational scenarios it’s best if Lewis can shine this year and be the LF so they can’t deal from strength. One fear I have is with them having so much OF is, it is obviously a lot easier to hit on 2 or hell even to a lesser degree getting a Junior and Buhner than it is banking on all 3 prospects hitting. There OF right now is what Pat Gillick with starting pitching when he was the GM and we all know how they fab 5 ended up.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Shed Long could be also one of those traded guys since you could easily move Crawford over to 2nd or 3rd base when Marte is good and ready to move up. I would love Marte to be polished at the plate by the time he comes up but if his defense is that good there is no sense not using that tool when its ready to win you some extra games cause of his glove

I personally love that thinking and it is the exact ideal scenario but highly doubtful Marte is above AAA when they have to start contemplating whether to keep Crawford or not. I’m truthfully cool with moving Long to 2B and let him and Crawford fight it out for who gets the 2B once Marte is ready.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners signed INF Mitch Nay to a minor league contract.
The 26-year-old had a productive season in the Reds' organization in 2019, slashing .278/.341/.504 with 17 homers and 65 RBI over 114 games between Double-A Chattanooga and Triple-A Louisville. He'll add minor league depth for the M's.

Mariners signed OF Connor Lien to a minor league contract.
The 24-year-old had a brutal showing in 2019, hitting just .211/.314/.441 with 11 homers and 30 RBI over 81 games between Double-A Mississippi and Triple-A Gwinnett. He's nothing more than minor league fodder for the Mariners.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a solid scenario but outside of Vogelbach this year out of necessity Jerry’s numbers guys are willing to start lefties. For organizational scenarios it’s best if Lewis can shine this year and be the LF so they can’t deal from strength. One fear I have is with them having so much OF is, it is obviously a lot easier to hit on 2 or hell even to a lesser degree getting a Junior and Buhner than it is banking on all 3 prospects hitting. There OF right now is what Pat Gillick with starting pitching when he was the GM and we all know how they fab 5 ended up.

I agree if they can get two of these outfielders to stick and be everyday producers at the plate and play solid defense you can find that third who doesn't have to have the stud bat but can defend center field like a gold glover with speed and that speed can be used on the base paths as well.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Kyle said his brother was better and the Mariners didn’t listen. Jesus how good would the IF he had they done what conventional wisdom said and have/had (f they resigned) Rendon at 3B and the Seager’s at SS and 2B. Seagers numbers are great for a 2B, not a 3B.

Lol at Mariners and conventional wisdom

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda see a similar path to the White Sox but as the article points out.......no reason not to get some pitching now

Exactly. You can't fill all needs in one offseason and the free agent market is different every year. This year had some real pitching available and we passed on it.

I kind of like the good ole days when they would just lie to us fans and pretend to care.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda see a similar path to the White Sox but as the article points out.......no reason not to get some pitching now

And I think they will wait until the final hour and take who's left over.
I think the article does hit it on the head though, come the all star break its either sink or swim time.
Even if these guys aren't up with the big club there should be a huge push by all of them to be trending up and that August September call up should be their time to get their feet wet and head into the winter knowing the jobs are theirs to lose..

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. You can't fill all needs in one offseason and the free agent market is different every year. This year had some real pitching available and we passed on it.

I kind of like the good ole days when they would just lie to us fans and pretend to care.
They’ve spent 2 million $ this winter. 2!
That’s shameful

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’ve spent 2 million $ this winter. 2!
That’s shameful

It is what it is, we are already in the middle of this thing so the only thing as fans is to ride it out to see if it actually works out. Lets face it this is the farthest a GM has gotten in rebuilding this system. They have played the FA signing and that got them no where close to the playoffs.

Personally I didn't see them spending this offseason, ( well pipe dream I was hoping they would get a starting pitching stud) but reality is who would be stupid enough to sign with a club in the middle of a rebuild?

Were stuck for better or for worse, Fans will flock to Tacoma to see these young guys and maybe they might get lucky with the call ups in late summer actually get some butts in the seats at the Safe!

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is, we are already in the middle of this thing so the only thing as fans is to ride it out to see if it actually works out. Lets face it this is the farthest a GM has gotten in rebuilding this system. They have played the FA signing and that got them no where close to the playoffs.

Personally I didn't see them spending this offseason, ( well pipe dream I was hoping they would get a starting pitching stud) but reality is who would be stupid enough to sign with a club in the middle of a rebuild?

Were stuck for better or for worse, Fans will flock to Tacoma to see these young guys and maybe they might get lucky with the call ups in late summer actually get some butts in the seats at the Safe!
Sad, but so true. It will be fun and interesting @ Cheney in Tacoma this coming season. (and a lot cheaper too) :D The Safe will get it's share of fans IMO though. Wonder if anything of importance comes out of the owner's meetings Feb 4-6 in FL. It will be interesting to see what pitchers and catchers show up Feb 11th. Don't see the M's making a splash till realistically 2022, if even then. Would love to be wrong and end up being surprised though.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the safe will get the big crowds when the teams with bigger fan bases roll into town