• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team didn't have a goalie named Hart they would have absolutely zero.
I'm sure that losses like Lindblom don't make them warm and fuzzy he's one of their friends. Hard to just forget about him they aren't robots but hopefully they can turn it into a motivation moving forward win for him.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an ugly game last night. Leighton is injured again. Farabee needs to keep his gloves on. Foligno made him look like a pinata. Just had play all around, especially the turnovers by the dmen. We are suffering injuries at a rate like the Eagles.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a truly embarrassing team. I know I know injuries, 3 year plan, new coach blah blah blah, OVER RATED players!!!!!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that losses like Lindblom don't make them warm and fuzzy he's one of their friends. Hard to just forget about him they aren't robots but hopefully they can turn it into a motivation moving forward win for him.
This group of pussies wouldn't know heart if it bit them. Bunch of fuckin pussies.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's all this farm depth we had, we had great players?? Where are they lol. Hexy built our minor league team with the bomb ass future lol Hart and Koneckny are the only 2 true up and coming stars. Provorov, Ghost, Sanhiem still getting punked and used, what a fuckin joke!

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hittin that bong a little hard tonight huh?

serious outrage when missing Patrick, Lindblom, Raffl, Konecny, Laughton and Pitlick? That is two full lines of injuries on this roster. No team in the league has the depth to cover 2 full lines. Get a grip dude.

not to mention they were in this game until they got lit up during that major...

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers ran into some hot teams too.... avs, wild and jets are combined 22-4-4 in their last 10....

6-7 of top 12 forwards out.

Call me an apologist, but I'm giving them a break, and a week or two to work it out.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hittin that bong a little hard tonight huh?

serious outrage when missing Patrick, Lindblom, Raffl, Konecny, Laughton and Pitlick? That is two full lines of injuries on this roster. No team in the league has the depth to cover 2 full lines. Get a grip dude.

not to mention they were in this game until they got lit up during that major...
You can say this all you want, if your a Flyers fan you've been watching this same scenario since our last cup run. This organization has done very limited to get this team back to a contender. We're either a little over 500 , get bounced in the first round, or were just under 500 and miss the playoffs. We have good streaks followed by horrendous streaks that just boggle the mind. Here's an example of a competitive team with depth. The Av's lost Rantenin and Landeskog and we're still winning. Why? they have a good team with depth. They added quality blue collar players like Hayes at half the price and years. The Flyers get guys like Bruan and JVR who do nothing but take up space and money. I am pissed because I'm tired of the same product year in and year out. I'm sorry you can't defend this shit any longer nor can I.

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers ran into some hot teams too.... avs, wild and jets are combined 22-4-4 in their last 10....

6-7 of top 12 forwards out.

Call me an apologist, but I'm giving them a break, and a week or two to work it out.
That's just it though. This team is built weak. If we lose 2 good players we are pretty much done! Shouldn't be that way, this is a pro sport for God's sake.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also instead of us fans always saying stuff like, I wish we had a McKinnon or a Panarin or a Rantenin, ever wonder why we don't?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also instead of us fans always saying stuff like, I wish we had a McKinnon or a Panarin or a Rantenin, ever wonder why we don't?

Because the Flyers don't tank seasons like the Avs did? The Avs won their first playoff series since 2008 last year. If you're going to complain, at least look at the big picture man. Come on. You act as if the Avs are God's gift this year. They've been the same mediocre team the Flyers have been for the past 10 years. Except they've also been in the bottom 3 of the NHL 3 times in that span and missed the playoffs 7 times.

They got lucky. One of the 3 times they sucked, they got MacKinnon for sucking. Instead of the Flyers getting Patrick or JvR (at 2nd overall, not 1st mind you). The other 2 times they sucked they got Makar and Landeskog, both top 5 picks.

So, with all due respect, get the fuck out of here concluding that the Avs are some beacon of how to run a franchise and the Flyers are awful. The Flyers try to put a competitive team on the ice year in and year out instead of waiting decades at a time to be relevant.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it though. This team is built weak. If we lose 2 good players we are pretty much done! Shouldn't be that way, this is a pro sport for God's sake.

2 good players!? Are you watching? The Flyers wanted to start the season with the following forward group:

Giroux-Couturier-Konency
JvR-Hayes-Voracek
Farabee-Patrick-Lindblom
Raffl
-Laughton-Pitlick

The guys in red were injured yesterday. Half the forward corps. Let's see the precious Avs compete with half their forward corps out.

And before you jump down my throat about "injuries not being an excuse". I'm not saying they can't win games and stay competitive. They need more from the guys in black there. But to call out their depth because they're 6 Phantoms deep up front is just ridiculous. 0 teams in the NHL can go 6 AHL forwards deep.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers need Giroux, JvR, Voracek, and Hayes to step up. They need those 4 players to carry the offense for the next couple weeks. But let's not ask for miracles. If they go .500 through this stretch, that's a successful stretch given the obstacles they have to overcome.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the forwards out who learned the system and perfected it in November our defense is getting badly exposed. These replacement forwards now need a month or two to learn the 1-2-2 then collapse system.

We are a serious team full of pusses we need to make better effort all around because even with the players that are out we shouldn't be getting blown out 7-3 and could've been worse..

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Flyers don't tank seasons like the Avs did? The Avs won their first playoff series since 2008 last year. If you're going to complain, at least look at the big picture man. Come on. You act as if the Avs are God's gift this year. They've been the same mediocre team the Flyers have been for the past 10 years. Except they've also been in the bottom 3 of the NHL 3 times in that span and missed the playoffs 7 times.

They got lucky. One of the 3 times they sucked, they got MacKinnon for sucking. Instead of the Flyers getting Patrick or JvR (at 2nd overall, not 1st mind you). The other 2 times they sucked they got Makar and Landeskog, both top 5 picks.

So, with all due respect, get the fuck out of here concluding that the Avs are some beacon of how to run a franchise and the Flyers are awful. The Flyers try to put a competitive team on the ice year in and year out instead of waiting decades at a time to be relevant.
You missed the whole point of that statement! It had nothing to do with the Av's, Panarin plays for the Rangers, know how they got him, they paid him money..

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 good players!? Are you watching? The Flyers wanted to start the season with the following forward group:

Giroux-Couturier-Konency
JvR-Hayes-Voracek
Farabee-Patrick-Lindblom
Raffl
-Laughton-Pitlick

The guys in red were injured yesterday. Half the forward corps. Let's see the precious Avs compete with half their forward corps out.

And before you jump down my throat about "injuries not being an excuse". I'm not saying they can't win games and stay competitive. They need more from the guys in black there. But to call out their depth because they're 6 Phantoms deep up front is just ridiculous. 0 teams in the NHL can go 6 AHL forwards deep.
The fact you keep thinking this is an Av's vs Flyers thing is your lack of reading skills! But since you brought it up, the Av's lost both Landeskog and Rantinen for awhile, still won. Know why? It's called secondary scoring? You'll figure it out or you won't I guess.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the forwards out who learned the system and perfected it in November our defense is getting badly exposed. These replacement forwards now need a month or two to learn the 1-2-2 then collapse system.

We are a serious team full of pusses we need to make better effort all around because even with the players that are out we shouldn't be getting blown out 7-3 and could've been worse..
Oh and the only showing up for one period in Minnesota after getting beat down for two. Our Dman are weak period!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers need Giroux, JvR, Voracek, and Hayes to step up. They need those 4 players to carry the offense for the next couple weeks. But let's not ask for miracles. If they go .500 through this stretch, that's a successful stretch given the obstacles they have to overcome.
Why doesn't Coots have to step up? He's been pretty invisible in a lot of these games too. And thanks for proving my point about us not having any secondary scoring. Because if the guys we call our top tier players can't get it done, we def don't have the secondary scoring to help out

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and the only showing up for one period in Minnesota after getting beat down for two. Our Dman are weak period!
In November a lot of posters on this board were saying how deep of a team we have. now is the time to prove it. Next couple of game will tell a lot.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't Coots have to step up? He's been pretty invisible in a lot of these games too. And thanks for proving my point about us not having any secondary scoring. Because if the guys we call our top tier players can't get it done, we def don't have the secondary scoring to help out
Gee, JVR and Jake these days are our secondary scoring and we need them to come up big while our top scorers are out and become the primary scorers. i hope they can do it but im not sure they can.