• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to guess 6 x $6.6 mil for Hayes. :flame:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock Nelson set the bar at 6 x $6 mil. and a NTC, and I would argue that Hayes is a slightly better player than Nelson.

Anyone know Fletcher's history with giving out NTCs and NMCs? EDIT - other than Parise and Suter, looks like he's only given out a few modified NTC's.

Also, JVR got $7 mil per not $8 mil.
JVR got 8 million for the first 2 years but 7 million against the cap.

I dont know about NMC's with Fletcher but i hope he doesn't give them out freely.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who posted it.... but a while back someone said 'winning teams have an identity'. I wholeheartedly agree with this. I'm not married to specifically what that identity should be (personally I like gritty play - and love Gritty), but the coaching staff and front office need to agree on the identity, and get the players that can play in that identity. Not sure pure gritty can win these days.

So Laviolette plays a wide open game - almost reckless abandoned. Your players need to be on board and be able to play wide open. Berube plays a very disciplined forecheck game. His players need to be 200' players (cough - not JVR).

IMHO Holmgren never got this. He always went after shiny objects, irrespective of it they fit into an identity. I have a lot of respect for Hextall and how he rebuilt the talent from the ground up. He obviously had a different timeline than what we (and front office) wanted. Never thought Hakstol would get us to a Cup, but I don't think Hextall brought him in for that.
Not sure if it's bad form to reply to my own posting.... BUT, I've read about 10 articles going back to 2011 on Vigneault's preferred style of play. Have to say they were roughly 10% in agreement as to what he tries to accomplish. That being - absorb opponents rushes by collapsing on D. Tough on the boards. Controlled exits. Puck possession. Nothing told me this guy would be looking for overwhelming speed or creativity.

So Hayes sounds like a good fit for how Vigneault wants to play. Getting / keeping / developing players to fit this desired game is at least a plan. Let's see if other moves are consistent.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere today that said we were not that far apart with signing Hayes. he is a piece that certainly make us better. When Patrick steps up to 2C, Hayes can play the wing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As las mentioned, Hayes would be a good 2/3 C. My hope is/was for a 1/2C type guy to fill the role, but Hayes is certainly better than nothing. Basically go in to next year with a true 1C, two guys who are 2/3 tweeners and a 3/4 tweener. That’s pretty decent depth up the middle. And if/when Frost challenges for a spot, they have flexibility to move him to wing or move Hayes to wing.

And I think that C crew can make the flyers pretty difficult to play against. 4 solid, two-way centers. Decent size throughout (all 4 are > 6’1, 190).

Hopefully the start of a good summer.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think we could've added the 11 pick and had Trouba come over with Hayes?

I think it would take more than that because Trouba is an RFA and is better than Hayes.

Plus I think Winnipeg wants at least some NHL talent back for Trouba. They don’t want to take steps back at the NHL level, not while their in their ‘window’.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to guess 6 x $6.6 mil for Hayes. :flame:

I think you’re going to be close. I’m hoping they keep it around 6.2.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This^^^ we'd get raped in a deal like this.
Then make it more difficult for Tampa Bay to sign him. Tell him we'll give him buckets of money, drive up the price and Tampa Bay has less money to spend elsewhere.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere today that said we were not that far apart with signing Hayes. he is a piece that certainly make us better. When Patrick steps up to 2C, Hayes can play the wing.
I think with Farabee coming and our current crop of wings Hayes may be our third line C when Patrick is ready to step into that solid 2nd center spot. Hopefully we dont overpay and dont give too many years and no NMC's please.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then make it more difficult for Tampa Bay to sign him. Tell him we'll give him buckets of money, drive up the price and Tampa Bay has less money to spend elsewhere.
I thought this would be a good plan a while back until i found out that teams would do it back to us and screw us. Especially with all of our young with players like TK Sanheim Prov are RFAs and Carter Hart coming up in 2 years.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think Tampa wants him back that badly. Just my:2cents:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this would be a good plan a while back until i found out that teams would do it back to us and screw us. Especially with all of our young with players like TK Sanheim Prov are RFAs and Carter Hart coming up in 2 years.

Here's where my aggressive nature sets in with respect to sports. Stay out in front ---- do unto others before they do unto you. If I were GM.. I'd have the list of shots I would take against my competition to try to weaken them. Hextall gave Fletcher a war chest. Don't sit on it, use it as a weapon.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's where my aggressive nature sets in with respect to sports. Stay out in front ---- do unto others before they do unto you. If I were GM.. I'd have the list of shots I would take against my competition to try to weaken them. Hextall gave Fletcher a war chest. Don't sit on it, use it as a weapon.
I do like the aggressiveness. I wish our players on our team played aggressive.As far as making a huge offer for Point we could do the same thing to Toronto for Marner.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the aggressiveness. I wish our players on our team played aggressive.As far as making a huge offer for Point we could do the same thing to Toronto for Marner.
Couldn't agree more regarding our guys playing more aggressive for longer periods of time. Waiting until we're 2 goals down in the 1st to wake up; or Giroux going batshit crazy in the last minutes of the third; are not hallmarks of contenders