• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Farabee for the getting the goal back so quickly.

That was the craziest save ive ever seen. If Laughton scores there it wouldve have been a much easier time.

How did Thompson miss that empty net. Are you kidding me?

Braun was just terrible and if he continues to play like that games will all be this close.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price is going to steal a game or two in this series imo. That save a his stick was probably the best save I've ever seen. Not too mention he saved his teammates head. That was a rifle of a shot was was highway robbery how that didn't go in.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price is going to steal a game or two in this series imo. That save a his stick was probably the best save I've ever seen. Not too mention he saved his teammates head. That was a rifle of a shot was was highway robbery how that didn't go in.
Lets hope that was Price's best game and our worst of the series.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farabee was flying last game. I would expect, however, at some point that he and Jake switch.
Ill agree. Even though Farabee looks good in that spot i think we would benefit more with Jake on the first line and Farabee on the third.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Laughton should've just fired the damn thing low and hard. There's no goalie even in the net, so why bother going high? No excuse for Thompson to miss an even more open net in the 3rd either.

This game was frustrating to watch because it was too damn close for comfort and we never put them away for good.

We can't be that loose with the puck (especially throughout the 2nd), rely on Hart that much and expect to sweep Montreal.

A win is a win, but you'd like them to be less stressful than that one. Take care of the puck better or finish off our best scoring chances and we win that game a lot easier.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For having just dipped our toes into true playoff hockey and really not performed near our best, we will take a 2-1 win and be encouraged by that moving forward.

Also, Carter Hart could soon get into their heads if he continues to play this well or better. This kid is absolutely locked in.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill agree. Even though Farabee looks good in that spot i think we would benefit more with Jake on the first line and Farabee on the third.

Jake has to pick it up for that to happen. But I like it. I think Farabee and AK have chemistry together.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For having just dipped our toes into true playoff hockey and really not performed near our best, we will take a 2-1 win and be encouraged by that moving forward.

Also, Carter Hart could soon get into their heads if he continues to play this well or better. This kid is absolutely locked in.

Agree . We played very well in the 1st. The 2nd gave them life and they took it to us.
Montreal left that game feeling good for sure.

We need to dominate game 2 and break their spirit

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree . We played very well in the 1st. The 2nd gave them life and they took it to us.

I think starting the period 4 on 4 had an impact. It seemed like the Canadians gained some footing on those early shifts and it kind of snowballed from there. God, it’s so nice to have a legit tender now that can handle the storm in the inevitable times during a hockey series where that happens.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, it's time to take their smaller forwards to the woodshed physically. We play pretty strong team defense in front of Hart, but when even that isn't good enough, he is definitely bailing us out. We really have a big edge at center between at least Couturier and Hayes. These two guys should be banging bodies, driving to the net and wreaking havoc in the offensive zone all night long. It's something we really need to exploit asap.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I joined this board during Covid but with no hockey I just wandered in here recently. You guys really know your hockey. It’s been very enjoyable reading the perspectives here. Really helps me get Flyered up during this exciting time. Thanks fellas.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, big-bodied, young defenders like Sanheim and Myers, while very skilled and adept at their craft, have yet to really mature to the point of finishing people. These small, speedy forwards for Montreal need to know that they are going to get hammered when they go to scoring areas with the puck, otherwise they are going to be buzzing around our net constantly.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Farabee for the getting the goal back so quickly.

That was the craziest save ive ever seen. If Laughton scores there it wouldve have been a much easier time.

How did Thompson miss that empty net. Are you kidding me?

Braun was just terrible and if he continues to play like that games will all be this close.
He was atrocious, he had Ghost scrambling all over the place. Dude needs to seriously step it up.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he ever gets the sack to dump the puck in and chase it down in a corner and fight for it, I'll eat his pussy. I hate big guys who are afraid of contact.

So, you like man-pussy and your name is Mike Milbury.

Glad we've got that straightened out.