• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Jake skated today and is a game time decision for Wednesday. I think he plays.

Raffl seems like he'll be out for a while unfortunately.
If Jake comes back what do the lines look like?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gosh that TB vs CBJ game was phenominal. Finally five OT somebody scored. I wish CBJ would have won. That was a devastating loss for the Jackets. Probably would have been worse for TB.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gosh that TB vs CBJ game was phenominal. Finally five OT somebody scored. I wish CBJ would have won. That was a devastating loss for the Jackets. Probably would have been worse for TB.
And BJ's just played Sunday night they were extremely gassed.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those two teams may end up killing each other and I'm good with that...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, apparently Oskar Lindblom is close to returning to practices in the Toronto bubble. I'm assuming there's zero chance of him returning in round 1, but certainly round 2 or 3 would be a possibility. Can you imagine the shot in the arm getting this kid back would be to the team!? If I'm not mistaken, he was tied for the team lead in goals when he was first diagnosed. His addition is the kind of a difference that could put us over the top in the conference finals.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. The Rags are starting to put together a nice core of young play ers. They will need to replace King Ludquist soon, but I think they have a decent starter already. like you said, I thought for sure the Pens somehow were going to win this pick. Metro is loaded.

They will have the forwards and it looks like they may have the goalie, but I'm not so sure about the defense. Is Trouba really a bonafide #1? It's perhaps tough to say, but I would claim that he is not.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only concern in round 1 here is that Montreal will come in with their intensity level still at about a 9 out of 10 and ours will only be at a 5 or 6. However, that potential issue should be solved by the end of the first game, for sure, hopefully the first period. Our coaches and players are very aware of this, but it's one thing to know about it and another to experience it first hand.

We can match or surpass them in literally every facet of the game if both teams come to play big boy playoff hockey.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice to essentially have one exhibition and three warm-up games, but now it's time to bring the wood. Even though Montreal will be a big underdog, they've been playing meaningful games and we really haven't. Also, they have nothing to lose and we have big time expectations now. It's time for our crew to find out what true playoff hockey is all about and take the next step.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only concern in round 1 here is that Montreal will come in with their intensity level still at about a 9 out of 10 and ours will only be at a 5 or 6. However, that potential issue should be solved by the end of the first game, for sure, hopefully the first period. Our coaches and players are very aware of this, but it's one thing to know about it and another to experience it first hand.

We can match or surpass them in literally every facet of the game if both teams come to play big boy playoff hockey.

My hope is that this won’t be that big of a deal. It seems like the Flyers treated the round robin differently than the other 7. Nobody looked more ready.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAMEDAY! Let's do this!

And please no 5OT games that force us to play tomorrow :)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope every game they play is 5 OT's.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jake comes back what do the lines look like?

Top 6 is a given I think
Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Laughton-Hayes-Konecny

Bottom 6 is a little dicier, but I'll agree that Farabee is bringing more than JvR and it's playoff time, what you're bringing now is what's important.

Farabee-Grant-NAK
Bunnaman-Thompson-Pitlick

Provorov-Niskanen
Sanheim-Myers
Ghost-Braun

I think the bigger challenge against the Habs will be scoring goals, as opposed to preventing them. Ghost in for Braun as a result. Not sure if AV will see it the same though. Hagg-Braun were a good pair while the Flyers won like 25 out of 30.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 6 is a given I think
Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Laughton-Hayes-Konecny

Bottom 6 is a little dicier, but I'll agree that Farabee is bringing more than JvR and it's playoff time, what you're bringing now is what's important.

Farabee-Grant-NAK
Bunnaman-Thompson-Pitlick

Provorov-Niskanen
Sanheim-Myers
Ghost-Braun

I think the bigger challenge against the Habs will be scoring goals, as opposed to preventing them. Ghost in for Braun as a result. Not sure if AV will see it the same though. Hagg-Braun were a good pair while the Flyers won like 25 out of 30.
This looks good to me but the big question here is are we a better team with JVR on the ice or Bunanaman .