• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish this could happen in reality but it would be too much to ask from this disappointing signing.

Still can't believe he let an open net go to waste with that stupid spin-o-rama...... just getting over the hangover.

Guess it's ".......wait until next year"

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't believe he let an open net go to waste with that stupid spin-o-rama...... just getting over the hangover.

Guess it's ".......wait until next year"
Another year another disappointing year.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! Anything new in the NHL world? Will the season resume? I see a draft may happen in June? Can you get me updated during these times.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! Anything new in the NHL world? Will the season resume? I see a draft may happen in June? Can you get me updated during these times.
Im hoping they get a playoff format for June. That would be exciting.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a lot of momentum behind finishing this season one way or another. Most of the articles I read seem to think they're going to try to cram the whole thing in and push next season back as a result. I'm pretty OK with that!

I don't see how they can hold the draft before the season ends if they do in fact have a season. Teams won't be able to trade players, which they do frequently at the draft, and all the conditions on draft picks that are determined in the playoffs would need some type of resolution. Seems complicated and I don't understand how the juice would be worth the squeeze. What benefit do they have? Some headlines in a barren sports landscape? I don't think the NHL draft is an event that would see that big of a bump. The draft is 'must see TV' for NHL diehards and not many others. I don't think being the only sports thing on changes that. If it were games or the Stanley Cup, that's a different story. But the draft? Nah.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on with some freaking hockey already! We have to be on the downside of the fake pandemic by now!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you're correct, the disease itself is real. The fear mongering and those CDC numbers are complete BS.
Let me give you an example, 2 co workers came down with sore throats and bad sinuses, 5hey called the hospital and were told they couldn't be tested because they were only doing Healthcare workers. The follow up for both was a virtual doctors call where they were asked a list of questions and at the end they both were diagnosed with Covid19.
In order for the Post Office to pay them they needed actual test results so they had to go to Colorado Springs to be tested with a kit, by a lab. Lo and behold both were negative for Covid19! Both had sinus infections.
Panic in the streets is the new norm I guess.
Also several doctors are speaking out about how their supposed to record cases and that all the numbers are skewed. YouTube is banning the videos calling them medical misinformation. But you do you I'm not trying to change your mind.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you're correct, the disease itself is real. The fear mongering and those CDC numbers are complete BS.
Let me give you an example, 2 co workers came down with sore throats and bad sinuses, 5hey called the hospital and were told they couldn't be tested because they were only doing Healthcare workers. The follow up for both was a virtual doctors call where they were asked a list of questions and at the end they both were diagnosed with Covid19.
In order for the Post Office to pay them they needed actual test results so they had to go to Colorado Springs to be tested with a kit, by a lab. Lo and behold both were negative for Covid19! Both had sinus infections.
Panic in the streets is the new norm I guess.
Also several doctors are speaking out about how their supposed to record cases and that all the numbers are skewed. YouTube is banning the videos calling them medical misinformation. But you do you I'm not trying to change your mind.
Lack of available testing is no excuse for downplaying the situation. Do you honestly think pro sports would shut down and be threat of cancelling seasons in progress (NBA/NHL), delaying the start of season (MLB) and looking at alternative starts/schedules (NFL) if this wasn't a real threat?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lack of available testing is no excuse for downplaying the situation. Do you honestly think pro sports would shut down and be threat of cancelling seasons in progress (NBA/NHL), delaying the start of season (MLB) and looking at alternative starts/schedules (NFL) if this wasn't a real threat?
Because they didn't have the info they do now. Their gonna open back up and people are going to show up, their only problem now is how to space it all out, watch I garuantee it.
Also ask yourself why the country didn't lock down because of this? Same potential scare no?
2009 H1N1 Pandemic

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they didn't have the info they do now. Their gonna open back up and people are going to show up, their only problem now is how to space it all out, watch I garuantee it.
Also ask yourself why the country didn't lock down because of this? Same potential scare no?
2009 H1N1 Pandemic

From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

From your article. This is why there wasn't a lock down. The numbers are way lower than COVID-19. Keep in mind, these number are for roughly a year. The numbers from the CDC are from about 6 weeks: 981,246 cases and 55,258 (while on "lock down". But again, don't let the facts get in the way of your narrative.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

From your article. This is why there wasn't a lock down. The numbers are way lower than COVID-19. Keep in mind, these number are for roughly a year. The numbers from the CDC are from about 6 weeks: 981,246 cases and 55,258 (while on "lock down". But again, don't let the facts get in the way of your narrative.
Your right on the numbers but it was considered a pandemic when it first came about because they didn't know what the totals were going to be, just like now. But there was no panic, see the point now?

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right on the numbers but it was considered a pandemic when it first came about because they didn't know what the totals were going to be, just like now. But there was no panic, see the point now?
Here is the definition of a pandemic in case you are confused: A pandemic is a global outbreak of disease. Pandemics happen when a new virus emerges to infect people and can spread between people sustainably. Because there is little to no pre-existing immunity against the new virus, it spreads worldwide.

So yes, both H1N1 and COVID-19 are classified as pandemics. There are stages to pandemics much like cancer. Stage 4 is far more deadly than Stage 1. Do YOU see the point now?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I take solace in is we'll be able to know who was right at the end of this. Sweden is mostly avoiding shut downs. I think Brazil is too. So a few years down the road we'll be able to compare reactions and see how the impacts differ.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I take solace in is we'll be able to know who was right at the end of this. Sweden is mostly avoiding shut downs. I think Brazil is too. So a few years down the road we'll be able to compare reactions and see how the impacts differ.
Yep exactly. My only point to begin with way back when was a hunch this wouldn't last long, and here we are already opening back up again. Some states all the way. Was it serious? Yes. Was it MSM serious? No.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually try to avoid discussions that are even remotely political, but there's so much misinformation being spread from both sides that the average person really has no idea what to believe. The facts:

1) Viruses mutate. More virulent strains tends to disappear more quickly as the symptoms are much worse and contact with others ends up being greatly reduced, limiting exposure to new hosts. Less virulent strains tend to survive and spread more easily as they tend to cause less severe symptoms, which typically leads to greater exposure to new hosts and a farther reaching spread. Thousands of different strains of COVID-19 have already been identified.
2) COVID-19 as a whole is by far most dangerous to people over 65 years old and to those with very specific medical conditions.
3) Herd Immunity eventually occurs when enough members of a population have been exposed to an infectious disease and have developed a level of immunity to it.
4) For every case wrongfully assigned to COVID-19 there is an even greater factor of cases of actual COVID-19 that will never be diagnosed as such due to a lack of sufficient testing being available.

Given the facts, we can then debate the proper solutions. My opinions:

1) I understand the rationale for the initial lockdown as it took some time to figure out exactly what we were dealing with. I can even support an extended lockdown for certain areas where medical facilities were already overwhelmed or close to it.
2) There is no doubt we needed to isolate the most vulnerable members of society as quickly as possible and keep them isolated for now. We failed to do this quickly and effectively enough, hence the high number of deaths thus far.
3) For the rest of us, it is time to end most lockdown restrictions while still maintaining reasonable social distancing guidelines so as not to overwhelm the healthcare system in additional areas needlessly. Let the virus spread amongst the less vulnerable segments of the population and run its course. Less virulent strains will prevail and eventually we will have developed sufficient Herd Immunity that we won't have to fear another COVID-19 pandemic.
4) Wash, rinse repeat for the next pandemic that comes along, because there will be more. Let's learn from what we did right and what we did wrong with COVID-19 so that we can do better next time.
5) Please stop spreading false information that you read or heard from <insert name of biased media source here>. It's dangerous. This applies to both sides.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the bright side, Halloween is still on for this year, all costumes will have masks!:thumb:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep exactly. My only point to begin with way back when was a hunch this wouldn't last long, and here we are already opening back up again. Some states all the way. Was it serious? Yes. Was it MSM serious? No.
As soon as the election is over we wont hear another word about Covid-19. Unfortunately we will just have to wait until then.