• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preview: Flyers look to pick up eighth straight win against Hurricanes

Farabee 7 goals in 49 games and defensively responsible i personally think we upgraded.

But I don't agree with you on this. It's after the trade deadline, salary cap situation is what it is for the year. JvR is a better player than Farabee. Even if 'defensively responsible' the value you're concerned about with JvR, both players are +5 on the season. Farabee has 7 goals, 20 points. JvR has 19 goals and 40 points. Taking Farabee over JvR when the contract point is moot and future is irrelevant (looking for best player for the 2019-20 playoff run); is just biased nonsense.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I don't agree with you on this. It's after the trade deadline, salary cap situation is what it is for the year. JvR is a better player than Farabee. Even if 'defensively responsible' the value you're concerned about with JvR, both players are +5 on the season. Farabee has 7 goals, 20 points. JvR has 19 goals and 40 points. Taking Farabee over JvR when the contract point is moot and future is irrelevant (looking for best player for the 2019-20 playoff run); is just biased personal preference.

The team will miss JVR no doubt,
Have they said how long the injury is?

Hopefully he is back for the playoffs

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team will miss JVR no doubt,
Have they said how long the injury is?

Hopefully he is back for the playoffs

Agreed. But damn is it nice to have a player like Farabee to call up and replace him. Depth is a wonderful thing.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But damn is it nice to have a player like Farabee to call up and replace him. Depth is a wonderful thing.
absolutley
Which is why I am glad they picked a few forwards up at the deadline

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I don't agree with you on this. It's after the trade deadline, salary cap situation is what it is for the year. JvR is a better player than Farabee. Even if 'defensively responsible' the value you're concerned about with JvR, both players are +5 on the season. Farabee has 7 goals, 20 points. JvR has 19 goals and 40 points. Taking Farabee over JvR when the contract point is moot and future is irrelevant (looking for best player for the 2019-20 playoff run); is just biased nonsense.
JVR is a better player is only your opinion. Don't put it on here like its a fact. You would run a team like a fantasy hockey team and only give value to goal scorers. I however would run a team and value all around play which i believe Farabee is better at. So if you think JVR is better i call that biased nonsense.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man were better these last two games than ive seen all season. I wonder why?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man were better these last two games than ive seen all season. I wonder why?

Lol. Give it a rest Las. They weren't any better yesterday or the game against the Caps than they have been for the last month. The PP didn't get better because they took JvR off of it, it got better because Giroux was back on the left side. I know you want to blame JvR for anything that goes wrong, but that's just not the case. JvR is an overpaid depth scorer. He is what he is.

Can't you just enjoy the wins and stop whining about JvR or celebrating his injury?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JVR is a better player is only your opinion. Don't put it on here like its a fact. You would run a team like a fantasy hockey team and only give value to goal scorers. I however would run a team and value all around play which i believe Farabee is better at. So if you think JVR is better i call that biased nonsense.

It is a fact. There's not much else to say on it. Pure hockey ability, JvR has more of it than Farabee. Maybe Farabee will exceed JvR's ability at some point in his career, hopefully he does, but 19 year old Farabee is a lesser hockey player than JvR.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More stats if you want. All at 5 on 5.

Corsi % (Percentage of unblocked shots your team has while you're on the ice)
JvR: 51.1%
Farabee: 49% (other team gets more with him on the ice)

Expected Goals % (basically Corsi, but taking into account the 'danger level' of that shot attempt)
JvR: 55.6% (first on the team)
Farabee: 46.7% (other team gets more with him on the ice)

Scoring Chances % (how many the Flyers get vs. how many the other team gets)
JvR: 54.8% (first on the team)
Farabee: 50.2%

% of shifts that start in the offensive zone (in case you wanted to point to that as a reason JvR's numbers were better)
JvR: 51.2%
Farabee: 51.7%

And we've already gone over G, A, PTS, and +/-. There is literally no commonly looked at statistic that says Farabee is even close to the player JvR is, let alone better than him. You can say he's "more well rounded" all you like, the fact is, when JvR is on the ice the Flyers do better (compared to the other team), by shots, scoring chances, and goals, than they do when Farabee is on the ice.

JvR is a better hockey player than Farabee.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I said before, it's damn nice to have both of them.

And I hope like hell 20-21-22-23 year old Farabee can be as good or better than JvR. That would be fantastic for the Flyers.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my final post in this string..

When taking into account salary, the player value changes. I am open to discussions that Farabee at 900k is more valuable than JvR at 7M.

But the salary cap is irrelevant now. From here until hopefully June, we want the best hockey players the Flyers have in the organization on the ice. And JvR at least one of the 12 best forwards they have.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More stats if you want. All at 5 on 5.

Corsi % (Percentage of unblocked shots your team has while you're on the ice)
JvR: 51.1%
Farabee: 49% (other team gets more with him on the ice)

Expected Goals % (basically Corsi, but taking into account the 'danger level' of that shot attempt)
JvR: 55.6% (first on the team)
Farabee: 46.7% (other team gets more with him on the ice)

Scoring Chances % (how many the Flyers get vs. how many the other team gets)
JvR: 54.8% (first on the team)
Farabee: 50.2%

% of shifts that start in the offensive zone (in case you wanted to point to that as a reason JvR's numbers were better)
JvR: 51.2%
Farabee: 51.7%

And we've already gone over G, A, PTS, and +/-. There is literally no commonly looked at statistic that says Farabee is even close to the player JvR is, let alone better than him. You can say he's "more well rounded" all you like, the fact is, when JvR is on the ice the Flyers do better (compared to the other team), by shots, scoring chances, and goals, than they do when Farabee is on the ice.

JvR is a better hockey player than Farabee.
HAHAH these stats are as close as you can get and JVR played on the the top line for half the season. You are pointing out stats that JVRs line mates padded for him.

The last two games showed how much we dont need nor have ever needed JVR the most overrated player in the history of hockey

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my final post in this string..

When taking into account salary, the player value changes. I am open to discussions that Farabee at 900k is more valuable than JvR at 7M.

But the salary cap is irrelevant now. From here until hopefully June, we want the best hockey players the Flyers have in the organization on the ice. And JvR at least one of the 12 best forwards they have.
I beg to differ. If Lindblom and Patrick were available hes not even close to a top 12 on this team.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAH these stats are as close as you can get and JVR played on the the top line for half the season. You are pointing out stats that JVRs line mates padded for him.

The last two games showed how much we dont need nor have ever needed JVR the most overrated player in the history of hockey

And he's played with Pitlick and Laughton the other half of the season? Farabee has been playing with Hayes and Konecny for most of the season. If anything, Farabee has had better linemates when you look at the full season. How many shifts has Farabee skated with Pitlick, Laughton, Raffl, etc? Zero?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's played with Pitlick and Laughton the other half of the season? Farabee has been playing with Hayes and Konecny for most of the season. If anything, Farabee has had better linemates when you look at the full season. How many shifts has Farabee skated with Pitlick, Laughton, Raffl, etc? Zero?
Not playing fantasy hockey playing real hockey IMO Farabee all around > JVR right now and in the future.