• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should've also highlighted the hits.
Still not sure what his point was. You can't compare Hagg to Ghost, two totally different roles plus Ghost ays more minutes and in different situations. Like I said I def missed the purpose of the post.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not sure what his point was. You can't compare Hagg to Ghost, two totally different roles plus Ghost ays more minutes and in different situations. Like I said I def missed the purpose of the post.
I wouldn't mind seeing Ghost get traded for someone who would improve our offense as he is doing us no good sitting in the press box. But like i said as soon as we trade him our depth is depleted on the back end so we should just keep him.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing Ghost get traded for someone who would improve our offense as he is doing us no good sitting in the press box. But like i said as soon as we trade him our depth is depleted on the back end so we should just keep him.
I agree with trading him, but not for a rental to get through the season. I'd rather have someone over pay in the off season like Toronto did with Barrie.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with trading him, but not for a rental to get through the season. I'd rather have someone over pay in the off season like Toronto did with Barrie.
Id be fine with that but if any other team that is looking to trade for him may not overpay since he is -34 since 2016-17 season. That's one of the many reasons i was hoping for a bounce back year from him.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should've also highlighted the hits.

The screen shot intentionally had hits in there....:agree:

Point I'm making is that on paper - Hagg is totally outperforming Ghost for the season.

Eye test over the last 4 - 6 weeks says Hagg is solidifying himself as a serious D-man, and IMHO fits very well into AV's system.

Ghost probably has a higher value to other teams, than to ours ---- which tells me SELL !

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers coach Alain Vigneault doesn’t expect Nolan Patrick back this season

Key word being possible.
AV isn't counting on him, though that could just be motivational jargon.
Well sure. I would expect any worth his weight would only concentrate on he has available to him that day and throw out hypotheticals. However, the media is reporting that Patrick may begin practicing with the team next week. If this happens and there are no set backs it's pretty conceivable that Patrick is back in the line-up by mid-March.

That being said, I would still explore the trade market. I like the idea of adding Thorton as 3C regardless of Patrick's progress. If we could have Patrick playing 4C that would be amazing for the stretch run/playoffs. I know the 3rd and 4th lines have been outstanding recently, but adding superior talent has to trump any chemistry or current play.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure. I would expect any worth his weight would only concentrate on he has available to him that day and throw out hypotheticals. However, the media is reporting that Patrick may begin practicing with the team next week. If this happens and there are no set backs it's pretty conceivable that Patrick is back in the line-up by mid-March.

That being said, I would still explore the trade market. I like the idea of adding Thorton as 3C regardless of Patrick's progress. If we could have Patrick playing 4C that would be amazing for the stretch run/playoffs. I know the 3rd and 4th lines have been outstanding recently, but adding superior talent has to trump any chemistry or current play.

OMG !!! Did Holmgren hijack eville3’s account ?!?!

Totally disagree with the last sentence

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG !!! Did Holmgren hijack eville3’s account ?!?!

Totally disagree with the last sentence
If you want to make a legit run wouldn't you want the best possible line-up out there? To me, adding Thorton to the 3C allows Laughton to move back to wing where he has been exponentially more effective this year. And as great as the 4th line has been, Patrick is just a flat out better player than Bunnaman. Can you honestly say you'd rather have 4th line of Raffl/Bunnaman/NAK over Raffl/Patrick/Pitlick?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Patrick back in the lineup or we need to add another forward to have any shot at the playoffs or making noise in them.

Teams around us will be adding

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to make a legit run wouldn't you want the best possible line-up out there? To me, adding Thorton to the 3C allows Laughton to move back to wing where he has been exponentially more effective this year. And as great as the 4th line has been, Patrick is just a flat out better player than Bunnaman. Can you honestly say you'd rather have 4th line of Raffl/Bunnaman/NAK over Raffl/Patrick/Pitlick?
I'd def rather NAK on either one of those lines right now.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a big believer in a disciplined system. If we can take on new players and they fold right into the system then bring it on. I think top lines can add impact players easier than bottom lines... because on top lines the talent is across the board. Bottom Lines need system and chemistry to work to make up for the lesser talent across the players.

If this were September, I'd agree with your point of view.... I'd like to see Patrick playing again... Bunnaman can be off the team... NAK has earned his keep.....

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big believer in a disciplined system. If we can take on new players and they fold right into the system then bring it on. I think top lines can add impact players easier than bottom lines... because on top lines the talent is across the board. Bottom Lines need system and chemistry to work to make up for the lesser talent across the players.

If this were September, I'd agree with your point of view.... I'd like to see Patrick playing again... Bunnaman can be off the team... NAK has earned his keep.....
Ok, then we agree on Patrick. So who gives you a better shot at raising the cup, NAK or Thorton/Toffoli (hypothetically). This argument is really predicated on adding a center like Thorton though. If we only add Patrick, he slots in 3C, Bunnaman has to center 4C leaving a choice between Raffl, Pitlick and NAK for 4th line wingers. I would have to sit NAK in that scenario as well. The whole idea is maximize your talent/skill and Laughton back to wing, much like G back to wing, allows for the most production.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, then we agree on Patrick. So who gives you a better shot at raising the cup, NAK or Thorton/Toffoli (hypothetically). This argument is really predicated on adding a center like Thorton though. If we only add Patrick, he slots in 3C, Bunnaman has to center 4C leaving a choice between Raffl, Pitlick and NAK for 4th line wingers. I would have to sit NAK in that scenario as well. The whole idea is maximize your talent/skill and Laughton back to wing, much like G back to wing, allows for the most production.

I am conflicted on Raffl, Pitlick, NAK choice (two of three).... I really like raffl... but Pitlick and NAK are playing possessed right now... can they keep it up ? Who knows.

I was assuming Thornton would be a one and done rental.. maybe I have that wrong.

I would really like to see Frost at one of the center spots...

Now I'm all confused. Someone needs to bail me out. This all started with me wanting to trade Ghost...

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am conflicted on Raffl, Pitlick, NAK choice (two of three).... I really like raffl... but Pitlick and NAK are playing possessed right now... can they keep it up ? Who knows.

I was assuming Thornton would be a one and done rental.. maybe I have that wrong.

Now I'm all confused. Someone needs to bail me out. This all started with me wanting to trade Ghost...
oh Thorton is for sure just a rental. Everything I have been talking about is for this year only.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for Frost, if all plays out as we hope and have Coots, Hayes & Patrick down the middle for the foreseeable future, I think he moves to a wing...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

To all posting today. Im loving the back and forth opinions. This board hasnt had a great day of posting like this in a long time so i tip my cap to all posters today. :10:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh Thorton is for sure just a rental. Everything I have been talking about is for this year only.
If we know that we stand a better shot at the cup with Thorton you have to figure SJ knows that also and will ask for more than a 2nd round pick. What are you willing to give up for Thornton?

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we know that we stand a better shot at the cup with Thorton you have to figure SJ knows that also and will ask for more than a 2nd round pick. What are you willing to give up for Thornton?
well...I was thinking a trade similar to Simmonds last year. Considering Thorton is older and slightly more productive, i think the terms should be similar. I would like a tiered trade a conditional 4th, 3rd if we win a round and 2nd if we make ECF. Or maybe just a 3rd w/ Rubstov or Vorobyev. I guess the demand really will control the price.