• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our division is brutal, but we have a really good record against the teams in our division and the East in general.
Flyers have two road trips left, one to Florida (TB and FLA) and then DAL/NSH.
Most road games in a row is 3 as we play @NYI before heading to TB/FLA.

NYI have a 4 game West Coast trip (NSH, VEG, ARZ, COL) and then a 3 game West Coast trip (VAN, CAL, EDM) with a final road game in PIT at the end of that second trip. Two times they play 4 road games in a row.

CBJ have a 3 game WC trip (CAL, EDM, VAN) and play 5 road games in a row towards the end of the season.

CAR has a 4 game WC trip (STL, ARZ, VEG, DAL) and plays 6 road games in a row in February/March.

Just something to keep an eye on.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm sure most of you heard during the Pitt game that the Flyers have the most back to back games in the league. I know we tend to always think that the NHL is constantly screwing us with the schedule, but I feel the Flyers are near the top of the league annually in this regard.

Also, maybe its just a blip this year, but the longest "homestand" the Flyers have this year is 3 games! Come on man...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm sure most of you heard during the Pitt game that the Flyers have the most back to back games in the league. I know we tend to always think that the NHL is constantly screwing us with the schedule, but I feel the Flyers are near the top of the league annually in this regard.

Also, maybe its just a blip this year, but the longest "homestand" the Flyers have this year is 3 games! Come on man...

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super 16: Panthers use winning streak to surge into rankings

4 - 1 against the top 5 in current power rankings. Makes it even MORE unacceptable to lay eggs against bad teams. Also this Home / Away disparity is ridiculous. Some time ago I posted the statistical Home Ice advantage which was what a 2 % advantage. It's mental

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is finishing on the outside looking into the playoffs a productive first part of the season?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is finishing on the outside looking into the playoffs a productive first part of the season?

After 50 Games

18-19 48 Points (and were in the middle of that hot streak)
19-20 60 Points

So, no... being outside of the playoffs is not good
So, yes... improving by 12 points v. last year is a big step forward

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 50 Games

18-19 48 Points (and were in the middle of that hot streak)
19-20 60 Points

So, no... being outside of the playoffs is not good
So, yes... improving by 12 points v. last year is a big step forward
Ill agree. I think not having a 10 game losing streak had a lot to do with that.'

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill agree. I think not having a 10 game losing streak had a lot to do with that.'

Hakstol had no clue how to adjust to anything - he always seems frozen in fear. How many times last year were you screaming at the screen for a time out or goalie change (not the 8 over course of season, I’m talking in- game situations). Minimal line shake ups - nothing. He was always in a state of fear. Fear of Hextall, fear of his players, fear fear fear.

AV has shown he will mix it up to try to get things going. Calling out the high paid vets. Very much an active coach. Just wish he was a bourbon drinker. Can’t trust those martini sippers. I mean come on - a cone for a glass !?! Who does that ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakstol had no clue how to adjust to anything - he always seems frozen in fear. How many times last year were you screaming at the screen for a time out or goalie change (not the 8 over course of season, I’m talking in- game situations). Minimal line shake ups - nothing. He was always in a state of fear. Fear of Hextall, fear of his players, fear fear fear.

AV has shown he will mix it up to try to get things going. Calling out the high paid vets. Very much an active coach. Just wish he was a bourbon drinker. Can’t trust those martini sippers. I mean come on - a cone for a glass !?! Who does that ?
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

I have a Christmas party to go to right now so i will be having straight vodka in a rocks glass until i pass out on the company. :drink:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

I have a Christmas party to go to right now so i will be having straight vodka in a rocks glass until i pass out on the company. :drink:
That definitely works !!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our division is brutal, but we have a really good record against the teams in our division and the East in general.
Flyers have two road trips left, one to Florida (TB and FLA) and then DAL/NSH.
Most road games in a row is 3 as we play @NYI before heading to TB/FLA.

NYI have a 4 game West Coast trip (NSH, VEG, ARZ, COL) and then a 3 game West Coast trip (VAN, CAL, EDM) with a final road game in PIT at the end of that second trip. Two times they play 4 road games in a row.

CBJ have a 3 game WC trip (CAL, EDM, VAN) and play 5 road games in a row towards the end of the season.

CAR has a 4 game WC trip (STL, ARZ, VEG, DAL) and plays 6 road games in a row in February/March.

Just something to keep an eye on.
Thanks this is good research.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's to quiet. He's def become a solid player in all aspects, he just doesn't get the recognition outside of Philly.
He has slowly been creeping up the Selke voting since he started scoring more the past couple years. I think this is the year he wins it, becomes more well known nationally and will be a perennial finalist for a decade much Bergeron, Kopitar & Datsyuk.