• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I saw him shoot the puck up the boards once and then he went back to watching. Is this guy even a half a point per game player?
This PP expert is tied for 126th in PP goals with 2 and tied for 243rd in PP points with 3. That is just embarrassing. :tsk:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah baby! I wish every game was on home ice. The Flyers continue to be the best team in home ice. If we could only do this on the road. Beating the best team in the NHL is not an easy thing. Not to mention they went 0-5 on the power play and game up the winning short handed goal. Hayes has been pretty solid for this team. We need to keep this pace so we can get home ice for the playoffs. Bring it TB. And Happy New Years boys!:suds:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah baby! I wish every game was on home ice. The Flyers continue to be the best team in home ice. If we could only do this on the road. Beating the best team in the NHL is not an easy thing. Not to mention they went 0-5 on the power play and game up the winning short handed goal. Hayes has been pretty solid for this team. We need to keep this pace so we can get home ice for the playoffs. Bring it TB. And Happy New Years boys!:suds:

Great game last night. The stats Doc was rattling off at the end were ridiculous.

Best record against the East. Best record at home. Lowest GA at home.

If they were even just decent on the road, instead of "garbage" (lol @ Hayes), we'd be sitting pretty.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesssssssssssssssssss!!!! It makes the day so much better when we win :suds:

FUCK YOU TOM WILSON!!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game last night. The stats Doc was rattling off at the end were ridiculous.

Best record against the East. Best record at home. Lowest GA at home.

If they were even just decent on the road, instead of "garbage" (lol @ Hayes), we'd be sitting pretty.
Today is a great day not only because we won its because of how we won. Couts was a monster on defense and offense and didnt take any crap from anyone on their team and fought back for every inch they tried to take. Hate to say it AWAZ (not really) but Couts needs the C on his chest.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man i wish that team i saw last night played every night. Life is good right now!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The road play is something that can be worked on as the season progresses. For whatever reason, we seem to lose focus more away from home and leave guys wide open in prime scoring areas of our defensive zone. Back at home, the team defense is a lot tighter, as we saw last night against the best team in the Nhl.

This game got very physical and chippy at times, which of course we love. As per usual, Tom Wilson can suck a boatload of dicks with his ongoing, borderline cheapshot/dirty play. Overall, we're a big squad that can counter with a lot of physicality ourselves and the more of that we see, generally the better.

Great games overall from a number of players, including Couturier, Hayes, Konecny, Laughton, Provorov and Niskanen. Also guys like Pitlick, Raffl, Aube-Kubel and Friedman were very effective in their roles. I do not feel the same for Vorobyev, who seems to take a bad penalty or two every game and also provide very little at either end of the ice. Hart was good in net, but not ultimately tested as much as you'd expect from the Caps either. Sanheim was victimised a bit on both goals against, especially the first where he let OV pressure him enough to cough it up. Not enough urgency there, but we'll take the bad with the good at this point. It's definitely a lesson learned for the young defenseman.

Overall, it's an enormous regulation win on home ice against a team that was 17-5-1 on the road and running away (again) with the President's Trophy.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about TK going to battle with a 240 pound Ovi and coming out as the better and tougher player. I wish we had a team full of players with as much balls as TK has. :nutswing:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously PK was awesome but they simply skate better at home and play with more emotion. Need to figure out the road or it will kill them. Would help if the goalies made some tough saves on the road...

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man i wish that team i saw last night played every night. Life is good right now!!
Lol. How about coach AV tellling media that he wants to enjoy a martini after the win.. Love this guy.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niskanen for Gudas was a salary dump on behalf of the Caps without being short a defenseman and also a way for us to bring in a solid veteran, a Cup winner that can lead our youngsters and show them the right way.

Niskanen is obviously the far better player, even considering age. It's silly to compare their current stats and try to argue otherwise. This would be like comparing apples to oranges, but of course some of us still do it...

Gudas actually makes $3.35 million total, $1.005 million against our cap and $2.345 million against theirs. He is an UFA after this lone season.

Niskanen makes $5.75 million for this season as well as next season. He's not cheap, but you get what you pay for and he's earning that paycheck in many ways.