• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every defenseman had at least a point. 4 of the 6 were plus two or better. That's what i see as playing well.
Well the goal he was on the ice for was in no way his fault. It was a fluky goal to say the least

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the goal he was on the ice for was in no way his fault. It was a fluky goal to say the least
This is true but Hart stood on his head to save a couple of goals against while he was out there so we will call it even.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All starts with the goalies.
What a difference when the guys up front have confidence in them.

Raffl out for a month with a broken pinky.

After the healthy return and emergence of Laughton from his broken finger, I think every Flyer should take turns breaking a finger for the remainder of the season...or at least until April. Raffl will be back in a month and his legs will be churning something fierce.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the healthy return and emergence of Laughton from his broken finger, I think every Flyer should take turns breaking a finger for the remainder of the season...or at least until April. Raffl will be back in a month and his legs will be churning something fierce.

Good to see you back out here posting

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an incredible finish last night, obviously. We've been watching our boys slog through overtime after overtime and shootout after shootout for weeks now only to finally see them put a good team away with authority.

That's how it's done, folks!!

The Leafs were only extremely fortunate to get the tying goal midway through the 3rd and then we turned it up three notches for the remainder of the game to absolutely bury them. Only one of those total 6 goals was on the empty net and Hart definitely played well enough to earn a shutout.

Combine this with the fact that four of our division rivals lost in regulation last night, it was a huge push in the standings for us.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, our last four goal scorers of the night all ended slumps with their goals and our young defensemen were assisting on all of them too. They absolutely had it right on the broadcast comparing the lofted pass by Myers to what Erik Karlsson did in his prime. It gives you chills just thinking about it. A guy that big and strong making such an incredible play with his hands that required a good bit of touch and precision.

Four lines are pressuring and scoring right now. How about that Kevin Hayes as of late with 6 points in his last 7? Laughton continues to drive play and score goals. We may have found a 3rd defense pairing with Ghost and Myers. Hagg is a nice, solid 5th or 6th defender, but his upside is just way less than these other two guys. There's also no reason why Ghost can't blast that puppy home on the power play as well!! Hell, take that exact same shot with a screen and we will score plenty.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake is flying around the ice Ghost playing more like himself. Hayes and Farabee seem to be in sync. Please remove JVR off this list as scoring the 6th goal in two 6-1 blowouts doesn't count. Does it?

All goals count in my book. And I'd rather him be scoring, than not scoring. I'm not saying he's lighting the world on fire, but it's good that he is making the Flyers number on the scoreboard go up.

Look at Hayes, an empty netter from 180 feet out in Carolina started his run of 7 points in 8 games. Hopefully JvR can follow suit. He still had to beat a very solid goalie one on one.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All goals count in my book. And I'd rather him be scoring, than not scoring. I'm not saying he's lighting the world on fire, but it's good that he is making the Flyers number on the scoreboard go up.

Look at Hayes, an empty netter from 180 feet out in Carolina started his run of 7 points in 8 games. Hopefully JvR can follow suit. He still had to beat a very solid goalie one on one.
Hes making 7 million playing against 4th liners. He should be the best player on the ice on every shift.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a lot of holes in this article. He does mention that the Flyers roasted the Leafs last night, acknowledging it while saying the Leafs are a better team (who the Flyers got 5/6 points from on the season, but don't let facts get in the way of the narrative!). And the Lightning may have more talent as well. But neither of those matter. Even on 12/4 it looks pretty clear 5 playoff teams are coming out of the Metro. So it doesn't really matter what the Leafs or Bolts do, when it comes to making the playoffs.

And once again Claude Giroux gets underrated by someone. No game breaking talents? Giroux is top 5 in points since 2010. He's also 1 goal off the league lead in GWGs in 2019 (as a 'fading vet'). He should definitely qualify as a 'game breaking talent'.

Which brings me to my 3rd point. Sure, the Flyers may regress a little on the PK. Their 5 on 5 underlying numbers aren't that of world beaters. But their PP was also 9/54 in November, 16.7%. A team with the proven PP talent that they Flyers have, are going to see a bump in PP. That PP bump is going to make the non-game breakers numbers look a hell of a lot better.

This article is total clickbait to get hits from a fan base he knows will drive comments.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes making 7 million playing against 4th liners. He should be the best player on the ice on every shift.

And you're supposed to be happy when Flyers players score goals. Not mad that it's a guy you don't like. :suds:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow..... I guess St. Louis actually didn't win the cup last year since they don't have a "Crosby"... Who knew ?

And this too!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're supposed to be happy when Flyers players score goals. Not mad that it's a guy you don't like. :suds:
Ill be happy when he scores a meaningful goal not the 6th goal in 6-1 blowouts. Its such a reach to compliment this guy for those goals.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of holes in this article. He does mention that the Flyers roasted the Leafs last night, acknowledging it while saying the Leafs are a better team (who the Flyers got 5/6 points from on the season, but don't let facts get in the way of the narrative!). And the Lightning may have more talent as well. But neither of those matter. Even on 12/4 it looks pretty clear 5 playoff teams are coming out of the Metro. So it doesn't really matter what the Leafs or Bolts do, when it comes to making the playoffs.

And once again Claude Giroux gets underrated by someone. No game breaking talents? Giroux is top 5 in points since 2010. He's also 1 goal off the league lead in GWGs in 2019 (as a 'fading vet'). He should definitely qualify as a 'game breaking talent'.

Which brings me to my 3rd point. Sure, the Flyers may regress a little on the PK. Their 5 on 5 underlying numbers aren't that of world beaters. But their PP was also 9/54 in November, 16.7%. A team with the proven PP talent that they Flyers have, are going to see a bump in PP. That PP bump is going to make the non-game breakers numbers look a hell of a lot better.

This article is total clickbait to get hits from a fan base he knows will drive comments.
It happens to giroux all the time there has to be a reason why all the writers underrate him and Olympic teams dont pick him or he doesn't win the award we think he should get.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we have the fastest defense in the league. Is there a defense in this league faster?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we have the fastest defense in the league. Is there a defense in this league faster?
IDK? The Av's have a pretty solidly quick defense for the most part. Makar is a for real stud Dman. But I think the Yotes have a pretty quick defense to, at least in the games I've seen them in.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be happy when he scores a meaningful goal not the 6th goal in 6-1 blowouts. Its such a reach to compliment this guy for those goals.

I'm not really complimenting. I'm just saying it's good for the team that he is scoring goals. They might not be the most important goals, but at least it's something.