• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hagelin and Zucc if they sign a FA 3rd line guy. I want more than Hayes out of the 2C. He's a good 3C IMO, I want a guy that's closer to 'not quite a 1C', than being a 'good 3C' they're using as a 2.
Hayes had 55 points last year and is an good/excellent defensive forward. For me that's good enough to take the 2nd line center role until Patrick is ready then he becomes a third line center.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to Craig "Chief" Berube for being a finalist for coach of the year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dynamic seems so funny to me. New coach and ex coach, telling them what to do.

Go America :usa:
Thats funny i posted that same thing last week where i attached an article with both coaches and Hextall as the GM of the team.

USA! USA! USA!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of these guys move the needle enough for me
Who would you be willing to sign or trade for?

Signings: i like Skinner Panarin Duchene Lee Hayes Karlsson Talbot
Trades: I would love to get a player like Alexander Radulov

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you be willing to sign or trade for?

Signings: i like Skinner Panarin Duchene Lee Hayes Karlsson Talbot
Trades: I would love to get a player like Alexander Radulov

I have a feeling this team is going to make a big deal at some point. Probably at the draft or before

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling this team is going to make a big deal at some point. Probably at the draft or before

I agree. Curious as to who it will be! I think they move a young roster player or top prospect and the 1st to either get a legit top pair dman or a legit 2C.

I just hope they make a good decision. My gut feeling is Kopitar. It makes the most sense from a caliber of player and right trade partner (rebuilding team looking for future assets).

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Curious as to who it will be! I think they move a young roster player or top prospect and the 1st to either get a legit top pair dman or a legit 2C.

I just hope they make a good decision. My gut feeling is Kopitar. It makes the most sense from a caliber of player and right trade partner (rebuilding team looking for future assets).
What are we willing to give up to get Kopitar?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we willing to give up to get Kopitar?

Going to be expensive for sure. I think you probably have to consider what the Flyers got for Richards/Carter as a template. Kopitar is probably a little better than Richards/Carter (at the time), but Kopitar is also $10M on the cap and 31 years old.

Carter - Top 10 pick / recently drafted 7th pick / 3rd round pick

Richards - recently drafted 5th pick / High-potential, good energy young player with 3 years in the NHL

So..

Flyers 1st round pick (#11)
Farabee or Frost
Maybe Another mid-level piece (Rubtsov, Ersson, Ratcliffe, etc.)

Is probably in the ball-park. Do you do that? Do the Kings?

It just seems like such a good fit to me. If the Kings decide to rebuild, which it seems from the outside that they should, moving Kopitar is going to get them the biggest return. But how many teams are looking for a high end C and can afford 10M?

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be expensive for sure. I think you probably have to consider what the Flyers got for Richards/Carter as a template. Kopitar is probably a little better than Richards/Carter (at the time), but Kopitar is also $10M on the cap and 31 years old.

Richards - recently drafted 5th pick / High-potential, good energy young player with 3 years in the NHL

So..

Farabee or Frost

It just seems like such a good fit to me. If the Kings decide to rebuild, which it seems from the outside that they should, moving Kopitar is going to get them the biggest return. But how many teams are looking for a high end C and can afford 10M?
No way you give up that much for a 31 year old player (32 when the season starts) on the decline...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So..

Farabee or Frost

If i'm the kings i do that in a second.Hes 31 and is a 10 million dollar cap hit for the next 4 years. If im going to pay someone big bucks id like to throw it at a free agent like Panarin ,Duchene or Skinner or even try an offer sheet for Marner. That way we aren't losing any of the future