• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this BS on hockeybuzz. Kind of interesting. Leads trade Marner to Flyers for Provorov and TK. Yay or nah? I also read possibly an offer sheet for Marner. Apparently Flyers love Market as do I.What say you?
I dont think Toronto would be willing to give up Marner after a 94 point season and if they are looking to save money why would they trade for two guys that are RFAs instead of just paying the one RFA that they already have

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Leafs have to deal somebody of value to get a valuable dman and to lower their cap a bit. It would not shock me if something like this happened to be honest.

That's what makes me think about the Kadri/Ghost swap a lot. Kadri is on a great deal too, and obviously not part of their cap problems, but they need to move some of the cap/value to defense and Kadri might be the chip they're willing to part with the most to get some help there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what makes me think about the Kadri/Ghost swap a lot. Kadri is on a great deal too, and obviously not part of their cap problems, but they need to move some of the cap/value to defense and Kadri might be the chip they're willing to part with the most to get some help there.
Kadri only had 44 points i would not swap Ghost for him straight up. Ghost has played every other season great and this is the season after a bad one. I would rather sign Andres Lee before i traded for Kadri

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kadri only had 44 points i would not swap Ghost for him straight up. Ghost has played every other season great and this is the season after a bad one. I would rather sign Andres Lee before i traded for Kadri
or Kevin Hayes or who id really like to sign is Jeff Skinner

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs will need to move at least one forward to make room for Marner, and they still need help on the blueline. The Panthers will need to move someone to make room. Etc, Etc, Etc

The Flyers are in an enviable position in that they have cap room, deep pockets, prospects and NHL players who could be moved. I am not saying they will make moves, but they are in a position that they could. Ghost would be very attractive to teams that don't have a mobile, offensive Dman. The thought that he would be cheap coming off last season may color his value. Time will tell.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping to use the 11th pick and some of our prospects to move up in the draft. Is this a strategy that we would apply or do we just keep selecting in our spot or trade down as per usual.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs will need to move at least one forward to make room for Marner, and they still need help on the blueline. The Panthers will need to move someone to make room. Etc, Etc, Etc

The Flyers are in an enviable position in that they have cap room, deep pockets, prospects and NHL players who could be moved. I am not saying they will make moves, but they are in a position that they could. Ghost would be very attractive to teams that don't have a mobile, offensive Dman. The thought that he would be cheap coming off last season may color his value. Time will tell.
Our GM isnt scared to make moves so we will have to see and as you say time will tell.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Marner is dealt Toronto will riot.

Like I have said before. The guy to target is Kasperi Kapenen.

Kadri and Marleau will be available as the Leafs are going to have a bit of cap issues after signing Marner

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping to use the 11th pick and some of our prospects to move up in the draft. Is this a strategy that we would apply or do we just keep selecting in our spot or trade down as per usual.

My order of preference would be:
1. Trade it for help now. If you package that with some of the good young talent or high end prospects, can you get someone who can be an elite 2C? Or top pair dman? I think that's they're best avenue to getting a real high end piece. Someone like Trouba. Or Kopitar (maybe, depends on deal)

2. Keep it and make the pick where it is.

3. Try to move up. I rate this 3rd because unless it's Hughes or Kaako, I don't think they're making a big impact for at least a year or two. It's time to start winning, I don't want to wait.

4. Trade down. I really don't see the point at this stage. Similar to #3, what's the point of adding more pieces that will help in a few years? Lets make moves that help the on-ice product in 2019-20.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Marner is dealt Toronto will riot.

Like I have said before. The guy to target is Kasperi Kapenen.

Kadri and Marleau will be available as the Leafs are going to have a bit of cap issues after signing Marner
I agree I would like to go after Kapenen before i went after Kadri but i would think that Toronto would part with Kadri a lot faster as they are looking to shed that money to sign Kapenen.

Side note: i dont want to have Kadri on the flyers i would sign at least 4 free agents before i traded for him.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this BS on hockeybuzz. Kind of interesting. Leads trade Marner to Flyers for Provorov and TK. Yay or nah? I also read possibly an offer sheet for Marner. Apparently Flyers love Market as do I.What say you?
I say that trade hopefully doesn't happen. Marner isn't that big of a stud for those 2 players. Shit Austin Matthews isn't enough for those 2 players.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I would like to go after Kapenen before i went after Kadri but i would think that Toronto would part with Kadri a lot faster as they are looking to shed that money to sign Kapenen.

Side note: i dont want to have Kadri on the flyers i would sign at least 4 free agents before i traded for him.

I agree. Kapenen can be signed to an offer sheet. The right one might be too rich for the Leafs

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than anything, I want the Flyers to have a 1A line and a 1B line. And I want it because they're loaded with talent, not because they're splitting Giroux and Voracek up in hopes they can each carry a line to decent productivity. I don't particularly care how they get there, but they don't have the talent to do that right now.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea Khadri is a no for me to, especially at the expense of a trade.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Kapenen can be signed to an offer sheet. The right one might be too rich for the Leafs

If the Leafs don't get an offer sheet this year, they're not going to happen. How rich are you willing to go for Kapanen?

Is $4M-$6M enough to get the Leafs to balk? That'd be a 1st and 3rd in compensation. Next tier is $6M-8M and it costs a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I'd be OK with that compensation, a little concerned at that cap hit though.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Leafs don't get an offer sheet this year, they're not going to happen. How rich are you willing to go for Kapanen?

Is $4M-$6M enough to get the Leafs to balk? That'd be a 1st and 3rd in compensation. Next tier is $6M-8M and it costs a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I'd be OK with that compensation, a little concerned at that cap hit though.
Im not sure what the magic number would be

They also need to sign Johnsson as well.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would take that compensation as you said its win now plus if we have a good season the 1st would be like 24-30th pick next season anyway