• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It defintely adds excitement.

There would never be another overtime game again though.

And I really love most of the aspects of the late game strategy when you have a finite amount of time. Fouling, not so much.

Will be interesting to see if it ever catches on in a major league.

It would speed up games which is good. Late game fouling really lessens the game, IMO.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is a little older now and obviously wants to live in Los Angeles and all, but still a person would have to conclude that LeBron trusts Magic Johnson considerably more then he did Gilbert - but then who wouldn't?
the last contract LeBron signed in Cleveland was 2+1...he just signed a 3+1 in La- and the first year he has a powerball tickets shot of doing anything. Whoop-D-doo. The next year he will be playing at 35 the vast majority of the year.

LeBron breaks all the rules since he a freak- but no matter who you are- when you are 35 in the NBA things can go down hill pretty quick injury/healthwise.

I mean- you know this- you saw Kobe fall apart physically before 35 and that guy was a work freak too.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banner 18 is less than 11 months away........................................all other matters on this thread trivial

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players, coaches, execs react to James signing with Lakers

this was interesting:

In a story published on ESPN, writers Dave McMenamin and Ohm Youngmisuk contacted more than two dozen players, coaches, executives and agents to get their reaction on James taking his talents to the Lakers.

“My thought was, ‘Good luck. You must really want to live in LA,’ ” one prominent agent told ESPN. “Playing Western Conference teams night in and night out is not going to be the same. You don’t get a ‘night off.’ I would not want to end my career just making the playoffs.”

“He wanted to come to LA,” one Western Conference player told ESPN. “They just had to not f— it up. Jerry West just said it, and I was like, ‘Finally.’ He’s not coming to the Lakers. He came to LA.”

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would speed up games which is good. Late game fouling really lessens the game, IMO.

I watched some of these TBT games that used the new ending rule, and it didn't lessen the fouling. In fact, they were fouling the worst FT shooter away from the ball. I hate the rule, as it enforces an artificial ending point in the game and takes away the pressure of the running clock.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players, coaches, execs react to James signing with Lakers

this was interesting:

In a story published on ESPN, writers Dave McMenamin and Ohm Youngmisuk contacted more than two dozen players, coaches, executives and agents to get their reaction on James taking his talents to the Lakers.

“My thought was, ‘Good luck. You must really want to live in LA,’ ” one prominent agent told ESPN. “Playing Western Conference teams night in and night out is not going to be the same. You don’t get a ‘night off.’ I would not want to end my career just making the playoffs.”

“He wanted to come to LA,” one Western Conference player told ESPN. “They just had to not f— it up. Jerry West just said it, and I was like, ‘Finally.’ He’s not coming to the Lakers. He came to LA.”

Jealousy reigns across the league.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoops Hype has Lakers Salaries for this year at approximately 97 million and 59 for next. I think with the Beasley signing, they will end up at about 102. The 59 for the following year, however does not contemplate the team options on Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and Hart to equal another 20 million to put them at 89 million. The Lakers will need to move Deng next summer one way or another in order to have significant salary depending on if they will don't take their salaries up to the tax line(125 million).

Spotrac is much more accurate than HoopsHype

Los Angeles Lakers 2018-19 Salary Cap

Lakers are at approx $106.5M for '18/'19

Without taking into account cap holds, Lakers are on the hook for ~ 79.6M next year, leaving about 29.4m. They can free up another 12.5M by stretching Deng next summer. All of this assumes they pick up options on Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, and Svi and doesn't retain KCP, Rondo, Lance, Beasley, McGee, or Zubac.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last contract LeBron signed in Cleveland was 2+1...he just signed a 3+1 in La- and the first year he has a powerball tickets shot of doing anything. Whoop-D-doo. The next year he will be playing at 35 the vast majority of the year.

LeBron breaks all the rules since he a freak- but no matter who you are- when you are 35 in the NBA things can go down hill pretty quick injury/healthwise.

I mean- you know this- you saw Kobe fall apart physically before 35 and that guy was a work freak too.

Yeah, he did that once and Gilbert wasted no time showing him that it was a mistake to trust him.

Kobe didn't "fall apart physically" until after he blew out his Achilles, which can happen to any player at any age (we just saw it with Boogie). Plus, Kobe had already had a few injuries throughout his career, while Lebron really hasn't. I can't even remember him having a sprained ankle.

Funny how when Lebron was in Cleveland you were claiming that he could play like this for 4-5 more years. Now, it's suddenly an issue.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he did that once and Gilbert wasted no time showing him that it was a mistake to trust him.

Kobe didn't "fall apart physically" until after he blew out his Achilles, which can happen to any player at any age (we just saw it with Boogie). Plus, Kobe had already had a few injuries throughout his career, while Lebron really hasn't. I can't even remember him having a sprained ankle.

Funny how when Lebron was in Cleveland you were claiming that he could play like this for 4-5 more years. Now, it's suddenly an issue.
please show me where I said LeBron would play like this for 4-5 more years. That is complete and UTTER TOTAL 100% bullshit.

I always said that he ahd 1-2 more years as the best player in the league. I would never say ABOUT ANYONE that he could be the best player in the league in his age 36 season.

STill a very good player? is it possible? Absolutely- id even say its probable he is still a very good player.

but if you think that its likely he will be the best player in the world passed next year, you are delusional, and you could absolutely not find one shred of evidence of me ever saying that he would be.

To think ANYONE would be the best player in the world in their age 36 season would be truly ridiculous. Is it possible? Sure-- is it probable? HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spotrac is much more accurate than HoopsHype

Los Angeles Lakers 2018-19 Salary Cap

Lakers are at approx $106.5M for '18/'19

Without taking into account cap holds, Lakers are on the hook for ~ 79.6M next year, leaving about 29.4m. They can free up another 12.5M by stretching Deng next summer. All of this assumes they pick up options on Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, and Svi and doesn't retain KCP, Rondo, Lance, Beasley, McGee, or Zubac.
who are the Lakers 2nd and 3rd best players?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please show me where I said LeBron would play like this for 4-5 more years. That is complete and UTTER TOTAL 100% bullshit.

I always said that he ahd 1-2 more years as the best player in the league. I would never say ABOUT ANYONE that he could be the best player in the league in his age 36 season.

STill a very good player? is it possible? Absolutely- id even say its probable he is still a very good player.

but if you think that its likely he will be the best player in the world passed next year, you are delusional, and you could absolutely not find one shred of evidence of me ever saying that he would be.

To think ANYONE would be the best player in the world in their age 36 season would be truly ridiculous. Is it possible? Sure-- is it probable? HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW.

You said he could play like he currently is for 2 seasons and then still be a top 15-20 player for another 2.