• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat

“Contrary to what a lot of people think and say, he has not been shopped all over the league,” Riley said. “People just don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. We value his talent. We value what he can do.”

“There’s been a lot of players in their careers that have had bumps in the road somewhere along the way where all of a sudden maybe they didn’t think it was going the way they wanted it to go. But Hassan simply has something to prove and prove to himself, prove to us and prove to a lot of the people out there who are second-guessing him. I am expecting him to have a great year. I really am.”

Heat president Pat Riley remains confident in Hassan Whiteside

Thats basically what I’ve heard, but Ive also been told not to believe what is said.
Bottom line is that everyone involved needs to work together to get maximum results from all of your key rotation players.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And clearly.....

What we meant by responsibility=running the offense.

Rondo and Ball can handle that and find James for easy scores.

Yep. Some folks seem to want to base everything on what Lebron has done in the past.

Clearly, he's not doing things the same way this time.

He signed a longer than 1 year deal.

He signed without another superstar.

He hasn't (so far) demanded that any of the kids be traded away.

Once the season starts and the games matter, maybe things will change and he'll revert to some of his old ways. But for now at least, he seems to be willing to trust Magic and Rob and do things a little differently this time.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Some folks seem to want to base everything on what Lebron has done in the past.

Once the season starts and the games matter, maybe things will change and he'll revert to some of his old ways. But for now at least, he seems to be willing to trust Magic and Rob and do things a little differently this time.
And if he's as great as we all think.....

He can make it work and be a professional.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard about The Shop....his new show on HBO.

Sounds interesting.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to Rock n' Jenny's. It's only about 15-20 minutes from where Jeff's Place is and well worth the extra time.
I gotta be in the area.

I will one day.....it's on my bucket place.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have said this before, but will say it again here.

LeBron signed long term in Miami also. His contact length decisions in Cleveland were really "different thing" with regards to how he has handled contract negotiations.

I believe there 2 big reasons for the 1 year deals in Cleveland. Both equally important.

1) The huge projected cap spike in 2016
2) he did not trust Dan Gilbert.

Now, it is back to business as usual.

Reactions: DJ

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the "LeBron GM" thing in Cleveland, does anyone other than Wiggy believe the Cavs would have won a title if LeBron had signed long term in Cleveland?

The 1 year deals allowed LeBron to leverage the threat of leaving to force Cleveland to maximize the current roster. It worked. And if GS hadn't emerged as a world beater, he might have won more than once.

Gilbert is all about making money. He will spend enough to field a relatively competitive team, as evidence by the Love extension, but I do not think he will overspend unless he has to. LeBron's 1 year deals forced Gilbert's hand.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the "LeBron GM" thing in Cleveland, does anyone other than Wiggy believe the Cavs would have won a title if LeBron had signed long term in Cleveland?

The 1 year deals allowed LeBron to leverage the threat of leaving to force Cleveland to maximize the current roster. It worked. And if GS hadn't emerged as a world beater, he might have won more than once.

Gilbert is all about making money. He will spend enough to field a relatively competitive team, as evidence by the Love extension, but I do not think he will overspend unless he has to. LeBron's 1 year deals forced Gilbert's hand.
Fair points.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Booker is so fucked.

Dating some hoe affiliated with the KardASSian clan.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoops Hype has Lakers Salaries for this year at approximately 97 million and 59 for next. I think with the Beasley signing, they will end up at about 102. The 59 for the following year, however does not contemplate the team options on Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and Hart to equal another 20 million to put them at 89 million. The Lakers will need to move Deng next summer one way or another in order to have significant salary depending on if they will don't take their salaries up to the tax line(125 million).

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah Boogie is gonna get single teamed all day. If he gets healthy and right that is going to be a great matchup for the Warriors.

I do think we have to temper our expectations a bit with Boogie, even if he comes back all the way "healthy"- an Achilles injury is the worst injury a basketball player can experience. He has probably lost a little bit of his explosiveness forever.
Yeah, if he is even 80 %, they could bring the brooms out for the first two rounds of the playoffs and get a gentlemen's sweep the last two.

Worst part.....

If he doesn't play a single game it might not be much harder outside of the WCF matchup.

I give the EC Champs, whomever they maybe, 2 games max.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this before, but will say it again here.

LeBron signed long term in Miami also. His contact length decisions in Cleveland were really "different thing" with regards to how he has handled contract negotiations.

I believe there 2 big reasons for the 1 year deals in Cleveland. Both equally important.

1) The huge projected cap spike in 2016
2) he did not trust Dan Gilbert.

Now, it is back to business as usual.

True. Perhaps saying that he is doing things differently than he did in Cleveland is a better way of stating it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to say, imo. But probably not. In a way, they were lucky to get the one they got, even with Lebron holding Gilbert's feet to the fire.

I agree though, that if Lebron signed long term, it would have been a good bit less likely.

I think where it really worked was there were role players who got signed/re-signed that probably wouldn't have been if Lebron had signed long term.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say, imo. But probably not. In a way, they were lucky to get the one they got, even with Lebron holding Gilbert's feet to the fire.

I agree though, that if Lebron signed long term, it would have been a good bit less likely.

I think where it really worked was there were role players who got signed/re-signed that probably wouldn't have been if Lebron had signed long term.

Right.

Like TT probably would have been allowed to walk. Maybe they don't trade for Smith. Heck, maybe they don't even trade for Love.

We will never know for sure.