• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capela got 5 years and 90 mill....that's about right IMO.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they have even an ounce of intelligence LeBron will be handling the ball the vast majority of the time.

Taking the ball out of one of the best passers, and one of the best creators in the history of the game, arguably 2nd in this area to Magic, would be so incredibly asinine that it would be beyond belief.

Sticking LeBron in the post where he will get beat up, and taking the ball out of his hands would be the equivalent of basketball gross negligence.
Maybe, just maybe he signed with them beause Magic told him this and James liked the idea of less responsibility as he gets older?

It would make sense that they signed Rondo if James agreed with Magic.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67

Will Papa Ball get a court side seat next to Jack Nicholson for the season?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for anyone else but the munchies are nothing more than a myth to me. I don't toke up & then start eating a bunch of crap, I get cottonmouth real bad. Actually I don't even eat junk food.

And speaking of cottonmouth, where's my ice tea?
ice tea? You mean water?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of strains I stay away from anything that's 100% sativa or sativa leaning hybrid. They just make me too hyper.
Hyper? That's interesting since weed is typically a muscle relaxer. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah as an RFA- and with no other teams jacking up the bidding- he had to take what he could get

it was always a question of "when" Capela would sign- not "if". Anyone that thought Capela had anything more than a minute chance of leaving just does not understand how the NBA does contracts.
I don't think anyone thought there were other teams out there that were going to pay him what he wanted. I honestly thought Hou was going to start lowering their offer at some point.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has the bigger impact next season....Melo or Boogie?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat

“Contrary to what a lot of people think and say, he has not been shopped all over the league,” Riley said. “People just don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. We value his talent. We value what he can do.”

“There’s been a lot of players in their careers that have had bumps in the road somewhere along the way where all of a sudden maybe they didn’t think it was going the way they wanted it to go. But Hassan simply has something to prove and prove to himself, prove to us and prove to a lot of the people out there who are second-guessing him. I am expecting him to have a great year. I really am.”

Heat president Pat Riley remains confident in Hassan Whiteside

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's not about having all quality shooters, it's about being good enough to keep the defense honest with spacing. The real question will be what sort of offense will Luke run for the team. The team has so many ball handlers who's primary job is to facilitate that it becomes a bit harder to run an offense not suited to their strengths. I would imagine the offense might become more similar to Houston's than that of GS. Lots of pick and roll isos with drive and kicks. Then since you have secondary play makers, you can run additional offense off of the kicks.

The question with any Lebron team is always what sort of offense will they run that maximizes the talent around them. That's what I'll be most interested to see.

I don't know about iso (although Lebron will have some, I'm sure).

Definitely going to be interesting to see what they come up with. I think they'll run a lot of the same type of offense they ran last year, because Lebron's skillset will fit in well.

But they also didn't have a superstar last year, so they'll want to adjust the offense for him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie's gonna be finals MVP.
The Fucked up part about it is, you could be right.

They can just throw it into him 20 times straight.

You collapse the paint and Durant, Klay or Steph sticks a needle in your fucking eye.

Teams are going to have to let Boogie and Dray shoot at will to even have a chance because you have to stay home on the other 3.

Ffs....lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe he signed with them beause Magic told him this and James liked the idea of less responsibility as he gets older?

It would make sense that they signed Rondo if James agreed with Magic.
less responsibility but the first time in a decade he is playing without another All Star?:scratch:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fucked up part about it is, you could be right.

They can just throw it into him 20 times straight.

You collapse the paint and Durant, Klay or Steph sticks a needle in your fucking eye.

Teams are going to have to let Boogie and Dray shoot at will to even have a chance because you have to stay home on the other 3.

Ffs....lol
yah Boogie is gonna get single teamed all day. If he gets healthy and right that is going to be a great matchup for the Warriors.

I do think we have to temper our expectations a bit with Boogie, even if he comes back all the way "healthy"- an Achilles injury is the worst injury a basketball player can experience. He has probably lost a little bit of his explosiveness forever.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
less responsibility but the first time in a decade he is playing without another All Star?:scratch:

Since this season isn't about winning a title, it would actually be the ideal time for Lebron to take less responsibility.

Especially since part of what they'll be doing is figuring out which of the kids are going to be part of the future.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this season isn't about winning a title, it would actually be the ideal time for Lebron to take less responsibility.

Especially since part of what they'll be doing is figuring out which of the kids are going to be part of the future.
And clearly.....

What we meant by responsibility=running the offense.

Rondo and Ball can handle that and find James for easy scores.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie's gonna be finals MVP.
tenor.gif