• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron.

It would have to be him or Kuzma.

If it's Kuzma, Ingram doesn't start
And in reference to the bolded statement that would be just stupid of Luke IMO.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw that him at the 5 for the so called death lineup was the plan......

Ummm, wow....

How the fuck you gonna have a death lineup without lethal players?
THIS!!!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shit got heated on the podcast.
CJ is soft for waiting until after the podcast to call KD soft. I found it hilarious that KD told him to his face that Por ain't winning a championship. CJ was stuck on stupid after that comment - mostly because he knows it's true. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...lol

Even though KD is right, CJ kinda have to fight this mofo...lol

KD: “Why are you mad about this stuff?” CM: “Bro, I’m in the league. What do you mean why am I mad about this stuff? I’m in the Western Conference. I gotta play you MFers all the time anyway as it is, over and over again. We got eliminated by y’all a few times in the first round. So I’m looking at [Cousins] — KD: “I mean… you know you guys aren’t going to win a championship.” CM: “Bro, we have the team. We have the capabilities. Anything is possible. We can win a championship, bro.”

CM: “So, what do you suggest?” KD: “I suggest you just keep playing, man, and don’t worry about what goes on at the top of things. Relax.” CM: “We were right there at the top of things. We were the third seed last year, bro. We were right there. We were just slightly below one and two.” KD: “But how’d you play?” CM: “Some unfortunate situations happened in the first round.” KD: “How’d you play?” CM: “Some unfortunate circumstances.” KD: “Like an eight seed.”

That's KD keeping it 1-hunid lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as a player on a team who just finished 3rd in the west, you're always going to think there is a chance that you can win a title. Considering the fact that CJ actually plays for Portland, I have no issue with him thinking that way even if they did get knocked out in round 1. Now if he was just a fan then that's different.

KD talking down to players is hilarious considering he had to join a 73 win team to start winning titles. Fuck that guy
What I find hilarious is that people are still mad that he joined a winning team. So knowing that he wants to win was he supposed to join the worst team in the league? If the point is to WIN why is it so hard for people to understand he wanted to be in the BEST position to do that? Why does it matter WHICH team that is and WHAT that team did BEFORE he got there? This mindset that it somehow was "wrong" for him to choose GS because of THEIR prior success is so freakin ridiculous & seriously reeks of bitter scorned ex-girlfriend envy.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a player on a team who finished 3rd and won 49 games. Expecting him to say Portland doesn't have a shot at a title is dumb.
he was expected to just stay quiet - which was @Heatles84's point. Plus, let's not act like this isn't the same thing that happens to Portland every season. He probably should've been having that conversation with his coach or GM & NOT KD. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again I'm a fan. Not a player on a team. My opinion doesn't matter. He plays on a team who just finished 3rd in the west. Players don't think how fans think. You do realize this right?

I agree with the rest of your post but when you actually play on a team, you're going to think much higher of your team than anyone else.

If Victor Oladipo said he think the Pacers can make the finals and win it this season, I won't kill the guy either. Playing on a team is different than being a fan.

As for your Toronto comment, it goes back to my original point. I'm a fan and not a player. To answer your question, I wouldn't have said they have a realistic shot at a title but am I going to sit here and criticize Lowry or DeRozan if they said otherwise? Hell no. They're supposed to think that way.

I could bet you money there are several players on the Heat right now who think they can make the ECF when everyone else their ceiling at best is the 2nd round

Once again when you actually play for a team, you think much higher of your team than anyone else outside of the most biased fans.
I get your point about fans vs. players. But CJ wasn't having that convo with a "fan". He was talking to a player & thus should've just not said anything if he couldn't keep it 1-hunid. KD obviously had no problem helping him out with that challenge though.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does make you more realistic than a player. I never said otherwise but if you really expect players to say their team don't have a shot at a title in July then you're out of your mind. Especially when he plays on a team who had a solid season.

You misunderstood my post. Never said it was dumb for you to say that.

Expecting him to say Portland doesn't have a shot at a title is dumb.

That is what I said. I will wait for you to point out where in that post where I said it was dumb for Heatles84 to say Portland doesn't have a shot at a title. In simple terms, if you expect CJ to say he doesn't think his team can win a title this year then you're crazy.

I'm pretty sure players on the Rockets, Lakers, Raptors, Thunder, Jazz, Celtics, & Sixers all think their teams can possibly win a title this year
I think what you're missing though is that KD wasn't there to talk about whether or not Por had/has a shot at winning a title. CJ just inserted his team wanting KD to reinforce his own way of thinking - but instead KD let him know what probably the rest of the league thinks about Por. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and spends EXTREMELY limited time playing a 5...
But it works for the Dubs because they have the best shooters out on the wings. Not going to be the case for the Lakers.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to suspect that LAD is one of KD's many alts :hmm:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I'm not one of the haters, I'm just trying to see the other side a bit. Businesses don't have fans the way sports does. Winning rings is different than going to another restaurant and making good food. All I'm saying.

But I agree players can do what they want and fans need to tone down the bitch/soft stuff. This is the modern NBA.
No businesses don't have fans, they have stockholders & other investors. So literally yes it's the same thing because those stockholders/investors are VERY competitive & continuously are looking for ways to grow their businesses and be at the top. Having said that, we still see business people making moves such as the one KD made to improve for personal reasons. Some do it to improve their resume to climb the steps to get to the top. Others do it to earn more $.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking again about job satisfaction. Is the player entitled to any or is that removed because he's a professional athlete?
I agree this point has been lost on a lot of people....excuse me, fans.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey- I totally agree with you that he should be able to do what he wants to do---- but us as fans, evaluating the sport, can absolutely deride him for making the choices that he makes. If he made the choice that made him the most happy then good for him- he absolutely has that right. But, as a fan, I have every right to think he is soft for making that decision. I am a fan- I am not grading it on what was best for Kevin Durant personally- I quite frankly could give a fuck. I care how it effects the sport as a fan and how it fits in with everything else in the NBA. When I am evaluating it- I am thinking about the sport- not what was personally best for Kevin Durant- and no fan should be expected to grade it any other way than that.
And this here is the problem. You have completely taken the human factor out of this. They are not machines. They are people. SMH

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum is a gym rat... love it.
If he improves even just a touch on his foot work, goodness he's gonna be a beast EARLY in his career.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DjDX_AKUUAAYykN.jpg
He looks fat