• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF they don't get the best offer from LA I'm sure this is true, but I have to say the idea they wouldn't even listen to a pitch from LA seems absurd.
i mostly agree but it sounds like thats exactly what is going on- that they have no intention of even engaging with the Lakers after trying to be strong armed by Rich Paul, Magic, LeBron -whoever.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though.

Why the hell do we all spend so much time discussing the freaking Cavs on here?

We all know the Cavs posters can't be objective when it comes to their team. I think it is a prerequisite to be a Cleveland fan.
Yeah....never mind even when he was here I said I never liked Lebron James. No objectivity there, right? didn't think they'd beat GS after they acquired Durant.

wasn't a big fan of the Kyrie trade when first made but was crazy enough to think maybe we wait and see what becomes of the pick they acquired....and now all the other pieces they got because of the trade.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs got THUMPED. they were due for an ass kicking.....still pretty short in the front court as well with no TT and Nance. No Delly either.....

Johhny Fly ergg.....Colin Sexton has areally played some great ball lately.

I would give his rookie year a solid B+ at this point
If he is to be a PG (which he might not) definitely needs to get thos assist #s up. However, coming from his situation in Bama where he had to score and score and score it could take time. Also doesn't help to have the type of teammates he has in most games.

Plus, he's 20.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if the Celtics don't get a lucky ping-pong bounce, they would end up with picks 14, 19 and 21 in this year's draft, if the standings don't change drastically.

If I'm NOLA, I'd be good with those 3 picks and Tatum.

If the Kings pick jumps in the top 3, think they could get away with swapping Tatum out with Brown?
Depends what else they are offered. If they were offered just the #1 and Knox that might be a better deal (don't love Knox, but they might love Zion more than tatum and midround picks).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is to be a PG (which he might not) definitely needs to get thos assist #s up. However, coming from his situation in Bama where he had to score and score and score it could take time. Also doesn't help to have the type of teammates he has in most games.

Plus, he's 20.
yah.....coming into the season there was no doubt about his speed with the ball and his leadership

he needed to work on his 3 pt shooting and distributions skills. He has done a great job with his shooting- but sitll needs plenty of work on his playmaking.

at the beginning of the season there were so many things that were going against him- firig the coach, all the instablility from trades, injuries to guys like Love and Thompson.

Its fine with me that his first year he focused more on scoring and improving his shooting and proving taht he belonged. I think next year he will really focus on his playmaking aiblity. THe kid just turned 20 in January.

If Kyrie got an A for his rookie season, I would have to give Sexton a B+.

Johhny Flynn comparisons look rather ridiculous at this point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd compare Sexton to Clarkson before I compare him to Kyrie.
i dunno...Sexton cmae into the league at 19 and Clarkson came into the league at 22...and Sexton was a WAY better rookie than Clarkson despite Clarkson having about almost 3 years on him.

clarkson was a late round pick that played multi years of college

Sexton was the 8th pick in a stacked draft and was a very highly recruited high school player and a blue chip prospect from the day he stepped on the court at Bama.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to a report from Ric Bucher of Bleacher Report, Lakers owner Jeanie Buss contemplated trading James after being upset by Paul communicating with the media.

Doesn't really surprise me. From everything that was reported when she kicked Short Buss to the curb, Jeanie wants to run things like her Dad did. He never would have wanted AD going public with his trade demand because of exactly what happened.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno...Sexton cmae into the league at 19 and Clarkson came into the league at 22...and Sexton was a WAY better rookie than Clarkson despite Clarkson having about almost 3 years on him.

clarkson was a late round pick that played multi years of college

Sexton was the 8th pick in a stacked draft and was a very highly recruited high school player and a blue chip prospect from the day he stepped on the court at Bama.

They have really similar styles of play. Kyrie was better across the board in his rookie year and was an all-star at Sexton's age. Evaluating players requires more than looking at box scores imo. As far as Lonzo goes, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find something besides shooting from distance that Sexton does better.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have really similar styles of play. Kyrie was better across the board in his rookie year and was an all-star at Sexton's age. Evaluating players requires more than looking at box scores imo. As far as Lonzo goes, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find something besides shooting from distance that Sexton does better.
uhh getting to the basket?! staying healthy, sexton si definitely slicker with the basketball ball- better handle, fraking free throw shooting!!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if the Lakers end up giving the best offer and the PElicans turn it down- its stupid by them to just act bitter and hurt yourself

It'll be interesting to see what they do. Demps is gone, so the new GM may be a little more willing to work with them.

On the other hand, if the not wanting to work with the Lakers is coming from ownership, that would tie the GM's hands.

If Paul makes it clear that AD isn't re-signing with anyone else, that may be enough to keep the Celtics from including Tatum. It may also be enough that the Knicks decide to keep their pick (assuming it's top 3).

The problem for the Lakers, is that, unless we find out that Ingram's blood clot issue is a 1 time thing before the offers are made, they may not be able to beat the Celtics offer, even if it doesn't include Tatum. If they don't have to include Tatum, the Celtics would be more likely to risk AD being a 1 year rental, imo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see what they do. Demps is gone, so the new GM may be a little more willing to work with them.

On the other hand, if the not wanting to work with the Lakers is coming from ownership, that would tie the GM's hands.

If Paul makes it clear that AD isn't re-signing with anyone else, that may be enough to keep the Celtics from including Tatum. It may also be enough that the Knicks decide to keep their pick (assuming it's top 3).

The problem for the Lakers, is that, unless we find out that Ingram's blood clot issue is a 1 time thing before the offers are made, they may not be able to beat the Celtics offer, even if it doesn't include Tatum. If they don't have to include Tatum, the Celtics would be more likely to risk AD being a 1 year rental, imo.
noy only that but are the Lakers going to keep cap room open for AD for ANOTHER year?

and like u said- ingrams value is suspect with this health issue. ball missed most of the season with injuries and has seen hsi value fall substantailly i nthe last year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sexton is better at shooting from distance as a rookie doesn't that mean Kyrie was not better across the board?

Kyrie also was not an all star at Sexton's age I don't think (don't care to look so apologies if I'm wrong).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
noy only that but are the Lakers going to keep cap room open for AD for ANOTHER year?

and like u said- ingrams value is suspect with this health issue. ball missed most of the season with injuries and has seen hsi value fall substantailly i nthe last year.

Yeah, you can only keep saving cap space for so long. Eventually, you just have to spend it and live with the results.

As much as I would love to see AD on the Lakers, it may be time for the Lakers to do that.

As I've mentioned before, I would have no problem with them doing something like getting Vucevic as an FA and trading for Beal. Add that to a healthy Lebron and you have something to work with, especially if KD leaves the Warriors.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhh getting to the basket?! staying healthy, sexton si definitely slicker with the basketball ball- better handle, fraking free throw shooting!!!

Staying healthy isn't exactly something you can control. I counted free throws as shooting from distance, since their FG% near the rim is pretty similar, I didn't want to say shooting as a whole. Getting to the basket is something, he's faster than Lonzo but as I said, they are pretty similar in terms of finishing when they actually get there. I guess you could say he has slightly better handles than Lonzo, not really savant-level like Kyrie though. Everything else you can think of is Lonzo.

Sexton had a really good week though, I'm sure Wiggins had similar weeks where he looked great too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sexton is better at shooting from distance as a rookie doesn't that mean Kyrie was not better across the board?

Kyrie also was not an all star at Sexton's age I don't think (don't care to look so apologies if I'm wrong).
Kyrie was an all star his 2nd year- not his first

i HIGHLY doubt Sexton is an all star his 2nd year - Sexton is not Kyrie- Kyrie was a top recruit by Duke and #1 overall

but Sexton could absolutely be on a Kemba or Fox track.

Lonzo Ball sure seems a lot like Ricky rubio to me- except not quite as good of vision

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie was better across the board. I was talking about Lonzo when I said shooting from distance. Kyrie was 19 his rookie year, Sexton is 20. Kyrie became an all-star in his 2nd season, when he was 20.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF they don't get the best offer from LA I'm sure this is true, but I have to say the idea they wouldn't even listen to a pitch from LA seems absurd.

When Rich Paul made the AD trade request public and attached the Lakers name to it, ego's/pride got involved on the Pelicans end.

It's embarrassing enough when one of the best players in the game tells you they want out. But it's even worse when they hurt what you can get for them by trying to force their way to a specific team on top of it.

Especially when that team is the Lakers, whom no one is particularly interested in helping.

The Pels are going to have to rebuild, so they should be looking to get the deal that best facilitates that.

If the best offer comes from the Lakers,and they are smart, they will swallow their pride and take it. Especially since they got their "revenge" by leaving the Lakers with egg on their face and got to watch their season implode.

On the other hand, there is a reason that the Pels have had players like CP3 and AD and never been able to be anything but a 2nd round playoff exit.

So, who knows what they'll do? :noidea:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie was an all star his 2nd year- not his first

i HIGHLY doubt Sexton is an all star his 2nd year - Sexton is not Kyrie- Kyrie was a top recruit by Duke and #1 overall

but Sexton could absolutely be on a Kemba or Fox track.

Lonzo Ball sure seems a lot like Ricky rubio to me- except not quite as good of vision
Also don't think he will ever match Kyrie's talent.