• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it was domestic violence. I said that I don't what you call it, it's still pushing and kicking a woman.

For someone who constantly accuses everyone else of deflection, you're sure doing a lot of it to avoid the real issue.

You're really not helping yourself. Probably best that you just take the L and move on.

You won't, but you should.
Yeah....My bad calling out someone who was wrong about the incident being DV......... Then others coming to his defense like he was a little kid and needed help.......... Then finally agreeing it was not DV.

Ya gotta love this forum.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

Didn't you say last week if your Clippers miss the playoffs the Celtics get a draft pick from them? If not my bad. But if you did mention that can you work some of your voodoo magic to make sure they miss the playoffs?

Thanks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said it should end his career. I'm almost never in favor of someone losing their livelihood over a one time lapse in judgement. There are, obviously exceptions, but in general...make a mistake, learn from it, serve your sentence and move on.

The NFL will likely mete out some kind of punishment for him and once he serves that, it should be the end of it, imo.

But yeah, if he does something like this again, he needs to be dealt with more harshly.
Supposedly there are other issues being looked at (though not with women).

Ironically, as long as Chubb stays healthy (and they keep Duke) Browns might be better off if his suspension is longer. 12 games and they will have his rights 2 extra seasons for a minimal price after next year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron 'Throwing People Under the Bus' Like Never Before, and NBA Is Baffled

"I've never seen him like this, and I'm a little shocked because I've been around him and thought he was more of a leader," a Western Conference executive said. "All of a sudden, I'm seeing a different LeBron. Dude, don't do that; you're hurting yourself. The best thing he can do is tell everybody, 'My guys have been great, I can do better, and we need to continue to improve as a team.' He hasn't done that. Instead, he's throwing people under the bus."

"Now it's all about deferring and putting blame on somebody else," one of the Western Conference executives said. "Instead of being like an old-school guy and saying: 'I've got to do a better job. I've got to make my teammates better.' Great players and great leaders, that's what they do. That's what Kobe [Bryant] would've done. That's what Michael Jordan would've done."

"How would you feel if you're Kyle Kuzma and you're living in L.A.—where it's 75 degrees every day—and you think this is going to be your home for the next 15 years?" another Western Conference executive asked. "Those guys don't want to go to New Orleans."

And it's not only LeBron’s teammates who are getting the blame. Just this week, in a subtle backhanded slap at the team's decision-makers, he told reporters, "You have four guys in our top-eight rotation that you have to really rely on, and it's unfair to them to ask for so much when they're in their second or third year."

"These new-school guys always want to put it on somebody else," one of the Western Conference executives said. "It's an immediate-gratification society, and it's always someone else's fault."

"Is everyone just a pawn to help the great players achieve success?" one of the execs asked. "Or is the great player the genesis of that success?"

I wonder who this is and if he's been paying attention?

While I think Lebron's "coach killer" rep is a bit overblown, it's not the first time he's thrown teammates under the bus.

Part of the reason people have said that other stars don't want to play with him is because he gets all of the credit when they win, while taking little or no blame when they lose.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who this is and if he's been paying attention?

While I think Lebron's "coach killer" rep is a bit overblown, it's not the first time he's thrown teammates under the bus.

Part of the reason people have said that other stars don't want to play with him is because he gets all of the credit when they win, while taking little or no blame when the lose.
coach killer rap definitely overblown. Also not sure why MJ and Kobe were mentioned as they are also not always the best teammates.

I definitely think Durant knew what he was talking about with the fanboy media

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....My bad calling out someone who was wrong about the incident being DV......... Then others coming to his defense like he was a little kid and needed help.......... Then finally agreeing it was not DV.

Ya gotta love this forum.

First of all, every article I saw about it referred to it as domestic violence, so folks who aren't lawyers calling it that is understandable.

But, as I said, what it is called under the law doesn't matter. What matters is the act itself.

End of the day, assuming the NFL punishes him in some way, it won't be because it's domestic violence or assault and battery or whatever you want to call it. It'll be because he pushed and kicked a woman.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, every article I saw about it referred to it as domestic violence, so folks who aren't lawyers calling it that is understandable.

But, as I said, what it is called under the law doesn't matter. What matters is the act itself.

End of the day, assuming the NFL punishes him in some way, it won't be because it's domestic violence or assault and battery or whatever you want to call it. It'll be because he pushed and kicked a woman.
No doubt.....unless other incidents they are looking into are worse.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coach killer rap definitely overblown. Also not sure why MJ and Kobe were mentioned as they are also not always the best teammates.

I definitely think Durant knew what he was talking about with the fanboy media

Yeah, so far, Blatt is the only coach that got fired specifically because of Lebron.

Supposedly, when the Cavs fired Mike Brown and hired Byron Scott, it was part of trying to keep Lebron. But, imo, you can't really put that on him, since he left anyway. Plus, I don't remember hearing about him asking for a coaching change at that time.

Apparently, when he went to Miami, he wanted Spo out, but Riley shut that shit down and Lebron bought in.

As for now, we'll have to see what happens with Luke. Folks seem to think that Luke being fired is a foregone conclusion, but the only official statements that I've seen from the Lakers was Jeanie saying "Luke is our coach" and a statement there have been no discussions re: Luke's job.

Agree re: Durant. He even said that the "toxic environment" around Lebron is the media and not Lebron himself.

The one thing I'll put on Lebron is that he does have a way of building himself up in post games comments which comes off as blaming his teammates.

He says things like "I'll always give everything to the game", "I always play hard and give my best", etc. It kind of implies that the other guys don't do this.

I can kind of understand the media not putting blame on him. It's hard to place blame on a guy who, at least twice that I can think of, should have been finals MVP even though he was on the losing team.

But that's where Lebron himself needs to say something like "We all needed to do better".

Gonna be interesting to see how he handles this off-season.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were also an uncharacteristic 10 for 43 from downtown.

I'm guessing some of that is due to the length and athleticism of the Suns. They're capable of more than their record indicates, I'm praying they don't get Zion with that team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball is eventually going to be a solid NBA player, but he is not nearly worth the #2 pick, especially when you have guys who look like true franchise players in Tatum and Fox that went right behind him.

plus, talent does not mean anything if you cannot stay on the court. As they say, availability is the best ability.

The bold is actually my biggest concern with him.

His shooting, especially free throws, should improve simply from practice and repetition.

But it's hard to get that practice and repetition when you're sitting in a suit on the sidelines.

I'm hoping that this situation will be similar to Kyrie. He had some injury issues early on, but followed those with some relatively healthy years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is actually my biggest concern with him.

His shooting, especially free throws, should improve simply from practice and repetition.

But it's hard to get that practice and repetition when you're sitting in a suit on the sidelines.

I'm hoping that this situation will be similar to Kyrie. He had some injury issues early on, but followed those with some relatively healthy years.
True, but Kyrie could always shoot. I could see him staying healthy later, but Many who cannot shoot never learn to shoot. Nothing to back this and only a guess, but my guess is this would be the case far more often than not.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, he attributed my quote to you.

Was going to respond to a Wamu post, abandoned it, responded to dt's post and it ghosted my previous abandoned response into it. Must be I didn't clear the abandoned response out of it thoroughly lol.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but Kyrie could always shoot. I could see him staying healthy later, but Many who cannot shoot never learn to shoot. Nothing to back this and only a guess, but my guess is this would be the case far more often than not.

True, but we've also seen plenty of guys who were terrible free throw shooters improve over time. It just takes practice and repetition.

Same with guys who couldn't shoot.

Improving his free throw percentage is obviously easier because there's no one guarding him. If he could get the percentage up into the 60's, that would be plenty.

Learning to shoot better from the field is tougher, but can also be done. The pg he was most often compared to when he came into the league was Jason Kidd. Kidd couldn't shoot either, but eventually became a solid shooter.

But, as I said, he's not going to be able to improve any of it until he can actually play and practice enough to improve.