• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was going to respond to a Wamu post, abandoned it, responded to dt's post and it ghosted my previous abandoned response into it. Must be I didn't clear the abandoned response out of it thoroughly lol.
Figured some type of error. No biggie.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but we've also seen plenty of guys who were terrible free throw shooters improve over time. It just takes practice and repetition.

Same with guys who couldn't shoot.

Improving his free throw percentage is obviously easier because there's no one guarding him. If he could get the percentage up into the 60's, that would be plenty.

Learning to shoot better from the field is tougher, but can also be done. The pg he was most often compared to when he came into the league was Jason Kidd. Kidd couldn't shoot either, but eventually became a solid shooter.

But, as I said, he's not going to be able to improve any of it until he can actually play and practice enough to improve.
Oh no doubt it could happen, just saying more often than not it doesn't when it comes to poor shooters (IMO).

Will still be a solid player regardless.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

Didn't you say last week if your Clippers miss the playoffs the Celtics get a draft pick from them? If not my bad. But if you did mention that can you work some of your voodoo magic to make sure they miss the playoffs?

Thanks.

Close, but backwards. The pick is lottery protected. Celtics are also closing in on that Grizz pick, which is top 8 protected (and the Grizz have "fallen" to 8 with a 2 game winning streak).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt it could happen, just saying more often than not it doesn't when it comes to poor shooters (IMO).

Will still be a solid player regardless.

Yeah, if nothing else, he has elite vision and passing skills and is a very good defender. Guys can play a long time in the NBA on just those skills alone.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did pause some as he signed a lot of colorful individuals in the offseason. Beasley, Stephenson, Chandler well past done, Macgee would prob be ok on his own but not with the other guys, Rondo, KCP asked to take a reduced role for 13 million lol

Lavar Ball and let's hope we can develop the youngsters with possibly the most unstable group of vets you could possibly throw together.

Magic could've done a bit better.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he hasn't done much for the team since they won an NBA championship.

To be fair, it seems like he goes after top FA's every year, he just never gets them. So it's not for lack of trying.

I've never understood that either. From everything I've seen and heard, he spoils his players. There's virtually nothing they can ask for that he won't do.

It's also not like Dallas is some hick town or that the weather is terrible.

Just don't get it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, it seems like he goes after top FA's every year, he just never gets them. So it's not for lack of trying.

I've never understood that either. From everything I've seen and heard, he spoils his players. There's virtually nothing they can ask for that he won't do.

It's also not like Dallas is some hick town or that the weather is terrible.

Just don't get it.
Cuban tries to get FA's but isn't willing to pay them top dollar.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did pause some as he signed a lot of colorful individuals in the offseason. Beasley, Stephenson, Chandler well past done, Macgee would prob be ok on his own but not with the other guys, Rondo, KCP asked to take a reduced role for 13 million lol

Lavar Ball and let's hope we can develop the youngsters with possibly the most unstable group of vets you could possibly throw together.

Magic could've done a bit better.

For sure. Chandler was a pickup during the season, and was very effective while he lasted, but was still a worthwhile move. McGee has been decent, given the lack of rim defenders available. The rest were all bad decisions. Rondo is an absolute defense killer, KCP takes the dumbest shots imaginable, Beasley had a few decent games but had a tough year and couldn't string much together, and Lance is Lance.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with Slopez leaving. No so much with Randle, especially with how Rondo has turned out (essentially Randle's pay slot). Thomas Bryant on the other hand.....:mad2:
Are other LA fans allowed to complain about not keeping Randle, or will you be told about all the excuses, as well?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are other LA fans allowed to complain about not keeping Randle, or will you be told about all the excuses, as well?

They're not really excuses; he DID want out. Lakers were trying to keep everything to one year deals too. Still should have been more aggressive in trying to keep him, but he wasn't their target last summer; a second max contract was.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing some of that is due to the length and athleticism of the Suns. They're capable of more than their record indicates, I'm praying they don't get Zion with that team.

Although I can't stand James Dolan, and I wish he'd sell the team...but as a long suffering Knicks fan I do hope they get that 1st pick. Zion is just the type of player they need to help turn that team around.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I can't stand James Dolan, and I wish he'd sell the team...but as a long suffering Knicks fan I do hope they get that 1st pick. Zion is just the type of player they need to help turn that team around.

They would have the best odds any other year. With the odds changed starting this year, it will be even more of a nail-biter.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have the best odds any other year. With the odds changed starting this year, it will be even more of a nail-biter.

True.

But we'll see.

I'm still hopeful and keeping my fingers crossed.

That said, at least they finally cleared a bunch of cap $pace for free agency options.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not really excuses; he DID want out. Lakers were trying to keep everything to one year deals too. Still should have been more aggressive in trying to keep him, but he wasn't their target last summer; a second max contract was.
don't disagree your points are true but they are excuses. Also agree they should have done more to keep him as he's the type of player they need. Possibly better than most they'd be looking at for a max deal for what they need.....never mind they failed to get that other max guy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah they fucked up the Randle thing royally.

If they had no intention of evene trying to bring him back, why not deal him at the deadline for an asset?

an expiring contract of a guy that was playing really well--- well better than an expiring contract because a team would hold his RFA rights.

Lakers really screwed the pooch on Randle all the way around. to let a former lotto pick coming into his own walk for nothing was an abomination.