• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cracks me up about how we overvalue college kids. We pick their upside and just assume they get there. If Zion turned into Larry Johnson with more hops that's awesome...but Davis is already Davis. It's not potential. It's actual.

I remember we were saying the same things about Fultz, his ceiling, his upside, etc. Ingram was gonna be the next KD. Etc.
Yeah....

I mean, if I'm the Cavs, Atlanta, Bulls....

You aren't a Anthony Davis away from winning.

So, obviously you draft Zion.

But, if I'm the Knicks and I get a Kyrie, Durant to commit....

Those Dude's are in win now mode.

So, I would trade it for Davis.

Now, if the Knicks don't land a top guy...totally different story.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you have LeBron

My team just traded you guys our best shooter for some Russian figure skater and we followed that up with trading the other SF on the team. Boy I hope that means more playing time for Bruce Brown maybe he can get his PER out of the worst five players in the league

TY for cheering me up.

Serious bro-mance pending.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....

As we've been discussing, KD might be a tough get for a New York team considering the media there.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....

And this is why the Pelicans should be in no rush to trade AD. After tomorrow, they get to see who gets what draft picks. If they are smart they wait to see where the big FAs go and see which team is ready to make an all in move for AD. The Clippers, Mavs, Knicks, and Bulls could all make a move for AD if the cards fall right.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

Rachel Nichols

✔@Rachel__Nichols

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/1093335045459316736

So I asked @WindhorstESPN if the Pels ever intended to seriously engage with LA on Anthony Davis, or if all the talks & leaks were instead designed to sabotage the young Lakers as revenge for what N.O. sees as tampering, & he said "it's not just possible, it's what happened."
1f440.png

SALT

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why the Pelicans should be in no rush to trade AD. After tomorrow, they get to see who gets what draft picks. If they are smart they wait to see where the big FAs go and see which team is ready to make an all in move for AD. The Clippers, Mavs, Knicks, and Bulls could all make a move for AD if the cards fall right.
they are not trading Davis by the deadline

and if by some miniscule chance they do- its not gonna be to the Lakers

apparently they just wanted to fuck with the lakers- have a bunch of rumors of their young players in trade rumors- and then not even give them the time of day as revenge for what they viewed as tampering.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://deadspin.com/report-the-pelicans-invented-a-new-kind-of-tampering-a-1832415741

Report: The Pelicans Invented A New Kind Of Tampering And Used It To Exact Sweet Revenge On The Hated Lakers

It looks increasingly like the Pelicans have no real intention of dealing with the Lakers ahead of tomorrow’s trade deadline. The Lakers have made their whole damn team available in offers for Anthony Davis, and the Pelicans apparently haven’t made any concrete counteroffers, and the only observable effect of all this chatter and speculation has been the Lakers’ morale going completely to shit, and the team suffering one of the worst losses in franchise history.

It turns out that might’ve been by design! You will recall, there was quite the scandal surrounding tampering-adjacent comments made by LeBron James back in December. Then, in January, the Pelicans called down the thunder on their own player, for making his trade request public, via his agent. The Pelicans have not appreciated what they’ve seen as an effort, led by LeBron, Magic, and agent Rich Paul, to engineer Davis’s move from New Orleans to Los Angeles. ESPN reporter Brian Windhorst, appearing Wednesday on The Jump, told Rachel Nichols that the Pelicans, soaked in bitterness after the Lakers’ tampering campaign, have used these trade negotiations as a way of getting sweet, sweet revenge:

The idea, here, is that the Pelicans, by drawing out negotiations, and strategically leaking details to NBA scoopsters, and routing more and more of the communication between the teams through all-too-willing media proxies, have deliberately destabilized the Lakers, by distracting and humiliating their players and ruining the team’s internal chemistry. Nichols asked Windhorst straight up if that ulterior motive could be behind the way New Orleans has communicated throughout trade negotiations, and Windhorst was pretty clear in his response:

“It’s not just possible, it’s what happened. I know that the Pelicans, you know—the Pelicans had a method to their madness, in the way this went. Did they know it was gonna lead to a 40-point loss, because everybody’s upset? Not necessarily.”

images

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey buddiiiiiiiii where ya been slugger?

come ot enjoy some trade deadline madness with the rest of us?

i need some water...its awfully salty around here. lol
Work, work, and more work.

And im too busy at work to hop on here often, unfortunately.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3