• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time we had this many trades?

Morris Twin to the Pelicans.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://deadspin.com/report-the-pelicans-invented-a-new-kind-of-tampering-a-1832415741

Report: The Pelicans Invented A New Kind Of Tampering And Used It To Exact Sweet Revenge On The Hated Lakers

It looks increasingly like the Pelicans have no real intention of dealing with the Lakers ahead of tomorrow’s trade deadline. The Lakers have made their whole damn team available in offers for Anthony Davis, and the Pelicans apparently haven’t made any concrete counteroffers, and the only observable effect of all this chatter and speculation has been the Lakers’ morale going completely to shit, and the team suffering one of the worst losses in franchise history.

It turns out that might’ve been by design! You will recall, there was quite the scandal surrounding tampering-adjacent comments made by LeBron James back in December. Then, in January, the Pelicans called down the thunder on their own player, for making his trade request public, via his agent. The Pelicans have not appreciated what they’ve seen as an effort, led by LeBron, Magic, and agent Rich Paul, to engineer Davis’s move from New Orleans to Los Angeles. ESPN reporter Brian Windhorst, appearing Wednesday on The Jump, told Rachel Nichols that the Pelicans, soaked in bitterness after the Lakers’ tampering campaign, have used these trade negotiations as a way of getting sweet, sweet revenge:

The idea, here, is that the Pelicans, by drawing out negotiations, and strategically leaking details to NBA scoopsters, and routing more and more of the communication between the teams through all-too-willing media proxies, have deliberately destabilized the Lakers, by distracting and humiliating their players and ruining the team’s internal chemistry. Nichols asked Windhorst straight up if that ulterior motive could be behind the way New Orleans has communicated throughout trade negotiations, and Windhorst was pretty clear in his response:

“It’s not just possible, it’s what happened. I know that the Pelicans, you know—the Pelicans had a method to their madness, in the way this went. Did they know it was gonna lead to a 40-point loss, because everybody’s upset? Not necessarily.”

images

All of this is hilarious. Good job NOLA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this is hilarious. Good job NOLA.
i mean- its not exactly a good job by Nola- dont get me wrong- i appreciate the fact that they very likely meant to sabotage the Lakers and will likely leave Magic with his dick in his hand- but if the stars dont align and the CEltics or Knicks or Clippers- or whoever- dont step up this offseason for DAvis- it might be some rather risky revenge that could blow up in their face.

Pop right now is probably doing shots of jack and whistling dixie.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- its not exactly a good job by Nola- dont get me wrong- i appreciate the fact that they very likely meant to sabotage the Lakers and will likely leave Magic with his dick in his hand- but if the stars dont align and the CEltics or Knicks or Clippers- or whoever- dont step up this offseason for DAvis- it might be some rather risky revenge that could blow up in their face.

Pop right now is probably doing shots of jack and whistling dixie.

I'd rather go full blow it up and rebuild over what the Lakers offered. That offer sucked. It won't take much to match that in terms of assets.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather go full blow it up and rebuild over what the Lakers offered. That offer sucked. It won't take much to match that in terms of assets.

Still better than getting nothing for AD

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still better than getting nothing for AD

Not if you're team is a perennial 6-9 seed every year. Trust me, I'm a sixers fan and lived that life for like 5 straight years, you felt hopeless. Bottoming out for 4 years was definitely worth it. Sure you'd like to get something for AD, but marginal players isn't going to help. Load up on picks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bolts

congrats on getting Barnes

he is exactly what the Kings needed. Great acquisition- and he only has next year left on his deal so its not like its a huge risk.

who are these Kings? used their cap space and manuevered to get a young, talented, but enigmatic SF to add to their core.

Pg: Fox
Sg: Hield
SF: Barnes
PF: Bagley
C: WCS

i think it was nicely done by the Kings. Gives them a fighting chance at that 8 seed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if you're team is a perennial 6-9 seed every year. Trust me, I'm a sixers fan and lived that life for like 5 straight years, you felt hopeless. Bottoming out for 4 years was definitely worth it. Sure you'd like to get something for AD, but marginal players isn't going to help. Load up on picks.

But still...what I am saying is you still want to get picks for AD. You can always trade those young players if you want to tank. Point is you cant get nothing for a top 5 player

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But still...what I am saying is you still want to get picks for AD. You can always trade those young players if you want to tank. Point is you cant get nothing for a top 5 player

Yes, I'll gladly take picks. I'd take nothing over those players though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is shook. lol

hey LEBron- news flash-

Davis can go anywhere he wants to- when he is a free agent.

last time i checked there was not a gun to Davis' head when he signed his contract

#thereisalwaysspacejam2

Last edited:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The warriors going nuts right now. 23 of their last 24 fgs are good.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only done Hoop cash bets since I have been on here. When was this?

Of course I'd honor it but I would love to see the quote.
I don't have the quote I just remember you wanting to make a bet on who would win more when it seemed obvious the Lakers would, so I wanted to throw that in just in case the Kings overachieved.