• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what its gonna take to get a 25 year old top 5 talent in his prime though DJ- is a "fuck off" type of deal. I dont know why you would have ever expected otherwise

No, it takes waiting until next summer and getting him as a free agent.

Show me any previous trade that included 4 first rounders.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

John Wall is a very good player when healthy.

He is also locked up for the next 4 seasons for $171 million.

Please answer this direct question:

Does his contract make him more valuable, or less?

laughingsmiley.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now?

i will reiterate my previous post: dude that contract is like if you took barrels of nuclear waste and soaked it in ebola virus and sprayed sarin gas on it and then had Charles Barkley take a dump on it after a night of drinking and mexican food. lol

that contract is worse than Miguel Cabrera--- worse than Chris Davis, worse than Gilbert Arenas
Did you forget to switch to your burner account or are you just answering the question too?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late Monday night, the Lakers changed their offer at the request of the Pelicans, two people said. The Lakers had agreed to send their entire young core of Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and Ivica Zubac to the Pelicans, as well as veteran guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, the people said. The Lakers were also winning to also send the Pelicans two first-round draft picks.

The Lakers were not going to give the Pelicans the six to eight draft picks they wanted for Davis, the person said, knowing that the four first-round picks and second-round picks were more than the Lakers would offer.
So some have reports there is no way they deal KCP so they can have more cap room next year and some report he'll be included. .........unnamed sources, of course. The unnamed sources need to get together and get their facts straight, don't they?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been awesome for the Pistons.

I'd be thrilled. I am tired of Reggie. The team is actually better with Ish on the floor most of the time.

But Luke Kennard and Stanley aren't getting this done lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gun to your head....

Gilbert Arenas or John Wall contract?

Hilarious that the same team paid both guys.

* It should be noted that the gun reference was totally unintentional.
Arenas

like 42M a fucking year? holy shit -- for a guy that just had his achilees explode? for a guy that RELIES on his athleticism? for a guy that is kind of a shitty teammate to begin with?

if you were designing a bad contract in a lab it would be John Wall. lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...but the players involved are rumors. Please tell me why a FO person would actually tell anyone in the media names of guys they might trade before they are dealt?

Are you being serious?

First, nice try on moving the goalposts. You said the trade talks were rumors even after the negotiations start. You never said anything about which players were being discussed.

And no, the players involved are not rumors. They may not ultimately be included in a trade, but when they are part of the negotiation, it's not a rumor.

Time for you to do like you posted that you do and admit you're wrong. You are literally all by yourself on this one.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it takes waiting until next summer and getting him as a free agent.

Show me any previous trade that included 4 first rounders.
Webber is probably the closest.

Hardaway and 3 firsts for CWebb

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some have reports there is no way they deal KCP so they can have more cap room next year and some report he'll be included. .........unnamed sources, of course. The unnamed sources need to get together and get their facts straight, don't they?
I mean- why even offer guys like Zubac and Hart?

who gives a fuck?

what they want is draft picks and elite young talent

the Lakers just dont have much elite young talent or much draft picks.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arenas

like 42M a fucking year? holy shit -- for a guy that just had his achilees explode? for a guy that RELIES on his athleticism? for a guy that is kind of a shitty teammate to begin with?

if you were designing a bad contract in a lab it would be John Wall. lol
Lmfao

Unreal that the Wiz got Orlando to take that deal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- why even offer guys like Zubac and Hart?

who gives a fuck?

what they want is draft picks and elite young talent

the Lakers just dont have much elite young talent or much draft picks.
I like Hart.

Zubac?

Pass

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KCP is being held separate as he shares that same agent with Lebron and AD. He wants to go somewhere with starters minutes to try and get paid this summer (hence the Jabari Parker trade rumor with the Bulls).

You need to focus on good sources. I would suggest Woj.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hart.

Zubac?

Pass
I mean Hart's fine- but in the grand scheme of things does Josh Hart make or break this deal? of course not

what makes or breaks this deal is draft picks and elite young players.

the Lakers had 5-6 years to gather young players and picks to make this kind of deal- and they have what they have which is just thoroughly unimpressive.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that you think Love is more valuable signed for 4 years at $120 million definitively proves 1 of 2 things:

1) you have a homeristic value of Love
2) you don't understand NBA economics.

I am thinking some combination of both.
I applaud you for at least staying on topic, though your comments are easily refutable which should lead back to the usual deflection.

Have you heard of that AD guy? There's a reason NO might get a little less for him when they know he can walk in 1.5 years. You think a team gives up more for Love knowing he could walk in 5 months than if they knew they had him locked up? Love might even be someone NO might take in a deal for AD (with more added of course) as they know they'd be able to keep him....which is why the cavs signed him.