• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just went back and looked at that trade. Look at all the future first round players selected in the trade lol

Traded Keith Bogans, MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries, Kris Joseph, Gerald Wallace, a 2014 1st round draft pick (James Young was later selected), a 2016 1st round draft pick (Jaylen Brown was later selected), a 2017 1st round draft pick (Markelle Fultz was later selected) and a 2018 1st round draft pick (Collin Sexton was later selected) to the Boston Celtics for Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Jason Terry, D.J. White, a 2017 1st round draft pick (Kyle Kuzma was later selected) and a 2017 2nd round draft pick (Aleksandar Vezenkov was later selected). (BOS got 2017 #1 overall pick from BRK as result of pick swap)

So the Celtics, Lakers, Cavs and obviously C's all benefited from this huge ridiculous trade in the long run.

Sixers not much see... Markelle Fultz Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

What were the Nets thinking LOL
tenor.gif

:D

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now if you look directly at his contract it will turn you to stone. lol

And before the Achilles news,

There were multiple GMs who put Kevin Love's contracts in same category as Wall's. Obviously not now.

But when @WiggyRuss is the ONLY person here who agrees with you, it means you are definitely wrong.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the young guys are just not worth that much

at the end of the day what is a zubac or hart really worth? those are guys that imminently replacabable.

Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, and 4 first rounders--- do you do that if you are the Lakers?
At this point the pelicans are just throwing crap out there to waste time in order to get to the offseason....and as for the value of those guys, I'm not here to say that they are Great, but they do have good to really good value, especially if you add in picks, and cap relief. This really reminds me of how negative the talk was about D'angelo Russell when he was a Laker in his first, and second years, only to see that narrative turn around this year

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, nice try on moving the goalposts. You said the trade talks were rumors even after the negotiations start. You never said anything about which players were being discussed.

And no, the players involved are not rumors. They may not ultimately be included in a trade, but when they are part of the negotiation, it's not a rumor.

Time for you to do like you posted that you do and admit you're wrong. You are literally all by yourself on this one.
Are you being serious? By your "logic" there is no such thing as a trade rumor.

These reports are the very definition of a trade rumor. You're just messing with me, right?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP is being held separate as he shares that same agent with Lebron and AD. He wants to go somewhere with starters minutes to try and get paid this summer (hence the Jabari Parker trade rumor with the Bulls).

You need to focus on good sources. I would suggest Woj.
translation - "ya got me again"

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were multiple GMs who put Kevin Love's contracts in same category as Wall's. Obviously not now.

But when @WiggyRuss is the ONLY person here who agrees with you, it means you are definitely wrong.

If Love could stay freaking healthy it would look much better. I mean I would say an average salary of over $12 per more a year is a HUGE difference. Wouldn't say love is a horrible contract, not great, but the Cavs have no way of getting big time FA's. Wall's contract is the worst contract of all-time...in sports history. There are worse contracts than Love's out there for sure imo

upload_2019-2-5_15-24-16.png

upload_2019-2-5_15-23-48.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-5_15-23-19.png
    upload_2019-2-5_15-23-19.png
    23 KB · Views: 2

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really need anyone to agree with me. Only posters whose opinions I would value are those who base their comments on a post. Not the poster.

If wiggy agrees with me, great. But if he said something I didn't agree with I would say so.

4 and 120 mil is the same as 4 and 170? Never mind you said GMs commented on other player's deals. Care to show a source quoting even one actual GM?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Love could stay freaking healthy it would look much better. I mean I would say an average salary of over $12 per more a year is a HUGE difference. Wouldn't say love is a horrible contract, not great, but the Cavs have no way of getting big time FA's. Wall's contract is the worst contract of all-time...in sports history. There are worse contracts than Love's out there for sure imo

View attachment 197593

View attachment 197592
people can say whatever they want to about Love- but he is a great fit in this era of the NBA

he is a big man who should age well considering his skill set

hes a great rebounder, a great scorer, a great outside shooter that can spread the floor, a great transition passer, and he is a great teammate.

you can do a LOT worse than kevin love.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and the plan would have to be wait until 2021 to get AD
You might get a big time FA this summer but likely not.
They would have to hope the young core gets better.

Imagine if Lebron would have went to Philly.
IMO He would definitely have Simmons and Embiid and he would also have Redick. They could have still tried to pull off a tried for Butler even having signed Lebron. That's two, possibly three players better than anyone on the Lakers roster and it isn't close...at all.
Now in L.A. they have to trade the entire team to get AD. They literally could have traded Embiid almost straight up for AD if they really wanted to and it would be considered a bad trade for Philly.
It's night and day.
which is why I am nearly 100% certain the Cavs' FO had nothing to do with his decision and the idea any moves or nonmoves they made was why Lebron left is absurd. He was going to LA no matter what. If he wanted to win, Philly was his best option or staying where he was.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 197593

View attachment 197592

I don't think he is a terrible contract.

But he isn't a good one either.

That was the entire point.

Kevin would have more trade value today if he had not been extended. I made that claim over the summer saying it was a bad move for the Cavs. The Cavs are not getting much in the way of assets in return because of his long term contract.

IF he were still up after next year, more teams would want him and be willing to give assets without sending back bad contracts.

At this point, I don't know how anyone can even argue that. Because if the Cavs had even 1 trade partner offering quality assets for Love, he would be gone.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the Achilles news. Was using him as an example assuming he would be good to go next season. Now he isn't and his contract looks even worse.
to answer based on what you were thinking, though, it's hard to know. If there is a team who wants Love for his talent (and couldn't get him as a FA), then this version of him is better. If there is one who wants him either as an expiring contract or has every faith they could keep him if they wanted, then he'd be more valuable to that team without his new deal (and would cost less).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why I am nearly 100% certain the Cavs' FO had nothing to do with his decision and the idea any moves or nonmoves they made was why Lebron left is absurd. He was going to LA no matter what. If he wanted to win, Philly was his best option or staying where he was.
without a doubt

2 summers ago LeBron was approached by the Cavs front office asking him to commit- they had a deal done with the Pacers for Paul George- but it was for multiple future 1sts that the Cavs could not give up if LeBron was going to leave.

LeBron had the chance to play in Cleveland with PG, and Kyrie if he would have committed- but he refused to do so.

After that Kyrie demanded his trade- and unsurprisingly, the Cavs insisted on getting the pick back instead of win-now talent- pretty much knowing once LeBron refused to commit to ateam with Kyrie and PG that he was gone no matter what.

Not surprisingly that is also about when Griffin left- likely knowing no-matter-what that LeBron was gone.

now LeBron is in LA, the 10th seed, and has his agent begging to get a guy with 18 months on his contract traded for half of his current teammates- which has to go over really well with his current teammates.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you get the guy who asked that didn't even know Gilbert's achilles was blown apart?

But I suspect you do know. Do you know the difference, though, between a blown up Achilles and a sore toe?
* glances at BSN hanging on the wall *

Haven't got a clue.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, @dtgold88 answer my question please.

Does Mike Conley's contract make him more or less valuable?

He is actually very comparable to Kevin Love except he is only signed for 2 more years after this. Both good players, not great.
Coming off a injury too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point his contract isn't hateful hateful as long as it fits a window for your team
Exactly. A team who badly needs a PG and might not be a FA destination for a guy like Conley would prefer he have a few years left.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, @dtgold88 answer my question please.

Does Mike Conley's contract make him more or less valuable?

He is actually very comparable to Kevin Love except he is only signed for 2 more years after this. Both good players, not great.
Answered it in my first reply to you when you mentioned you didn't know Wall was injured again. Same I said of Love applies to Conley.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gore's was willing to pay luxury tax I'd almost be ok with the Pistons flipping Drummond for Love provided by some minor miracle they could get Conley as well.

At least I'd know the fourth quarter of games wouldn't make me want to punch myself in the face repeatedly.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been playing as much but if you're down I will jump back in lol
I've done some. Maybe just a $10 entry the nights there are only 4-5 games.

Actually did a handful on the $1million SB entry. Just proved what I already knew...all luck. I had every player from the winning lineup in at least 1 entry. The luck is having them in the same entry.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to answer based on what you were thinking, though, it's hard to know. If there is a team who wants Love for his talent (and couldn't get him as a FA), then this version of him is better. If there is one who wants him either as an expiring contract or has every faith they could keep him if they wanted, then he'd be more valuable to that team without his new deal (and would cost less).
Conley actually has a few suitors.

The problem with dealing him, as would be the case with Love, is the size of his salary.

It is virtually impossible for a playoff team to absorb a deal that big without sending back a bad contract, or a long-term deal.

Teams that stink and have open capspace don't need a win now guy.

Look at the Jazz's offer to Memphis.

Rubio, expiring, and Favors.

Favors isn't a bad deal. But, he's not giving them salary relief and he plays the same position as their young phenom, JJJ.